You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: At My Mother In Laws

Real Ghost Stories

At My Mother In Laws

 

My wife took me over to her Mother's once, and we stayed the night. It's not an old house, but one that is maybe 30 years old young, as far as houses go. It's out in the country, and it doesn't have any story to it. It's just a small subdivision out in the country where each property has 2-3 acres for each house.

We went there, and I think we watched TV for a bit, and then started getting ready for bed. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw this guy walking down the hall, in a white T-shirt, and what looked to be dark pants. He went into the last room to the left, but I never saw his face. When I saw him, I knew we were the only ones in the house, so, I definitely questioned who the heck this guy was, and walked to the bedroom and turned the lights on. I saw nobody in there. I was so convinced I saw him, I looked through the closets and under the bed nothing.

I walked out, and apparently had this odd look on my face, because my wife asked me why I looked so funny. I told her what I saw, and how it freaked me out. The funny part is, after I told her, it was she that looked so stunned, not me. When I asked her why she looked so shocked now, she told me that both her and her Mother had seen that guy since she was a little girl. She said, like me, they always saw him out of the corner of their eyes, and he always did the same thing. Walking down the hallway, towards the back left room.

To make matters even stranger, she said they had one of those old TV's as well as old microwave. They both required you to "Click" things on, not an electronic switch. Even though it would take force to turn these things on, or change channels, thing would happen all the time that seemed to defy physics. The microwave would turn on, and the dial would twist to 5-10 minutes, with nothing in the microwave. The TV channels would CLICK over to the next channel. Over the years, instead of being afraid, they would just get annoyed and would tell him to stop it. Once they did, things would stop.

I never believed in ghosts before then, but that changes after you see one!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tkulig, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-17)
tkulig: Sounds like a typical classic haunting residual you might say except for the microwave and tv part. Could be connected to the land if the house is not that old, or maybe an object that resides in the home just a thought.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-17)
Sounds like a residual haunting and an intelligent haunting going on at once. The guy walking down the hall and into he bedroom, never varying his routine, is a residual haunting. The stuff turning on by itself is intelligent, and attempting to interact with the people in the house. Very interesting home your mother-in-law has 😊.
And footsteps, I lol'd over the spirits in your house recording you. Maybe they wanted EVP evidence of you as much as you wanted it of them 😆.
Blessings
footsteps (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-17)
They can do all sorts of things. I sometimes set my recorder to come on and go off at a certain time just so I can hear what goes on in my home while we sleep. Well they learned how to turn my recorder off and you can clearly hear them banging it every time. I even tested it outside our home and it works perfectly fine. Once they turned the recorder on to record us. They turned it on just when we came in the house for the day. I had to buy a new alarm clock too because they learned how to turn it off. They made us late for school and work all week. They have learned how to turn the lights on in the middle of the night too so when we wake up in the morning our bedroom light is on at times. When they touch you, it feels human. It's amazing what they can do.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: