You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Faceless 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Faceless 2

 

A while ago, I posted my friends' encounter with a faceless being. Something similar happened to my wife. (Needless to say, she was quite uncomfortable talking about it.)

She and her girlfriend, when they were teenagers, were riding around around 1 am in a residential area near Georgetown, VA. Turning a corner, they spied a utility truck parked next to the road. A man, presumably the utility worker, was seen clearly in a floodlight in front of the house the truck was parked in front of. (bad grammar, I know). My wife claims that at this point, time seemed to slow down, and she has indelibly ingrained on her memory Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar on Me, which was playing on the radio at the time. That song that still freaks her out 20+ years later. Both she and her girlfriend could clearly see the man, who appeared to be looking into the house. When the man turned and looked at my future wife, she could see that he had no face. Unlike the Minnesota encounter, this man had a gaping black hole where his face should have been.

My wife recalled the sensation that this being was looking directly at her, and that this he/it was not merely strange, but evil. They took off as quickly as they could, and never looked back. It was also the summer that she found a strange coin, a quarter, that felt vaguely electric when held, but that's another story...

Other hauntings by phil1985

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, phil1985, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
If she could relocate the spot wherein she saw the faceless evil entity, then perhaps one could find out if anything bad happened at the spot.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Wow, that's pretty weird. Its probably a good thing that she doesn't have the quarter anymore, but I worry about others who might find it. Anyway, here's a little info on tulpas, or at least what I gathered from my experience.
Tulpas gain energy from a collective thought- a ton of people constantly thinking about it. Often times, a tulpa will have an item, or tether, that they will somehow present to a person, in sequence to an encounter with them. This ensures that the person will associate the item with the tulpa, thus creating more energy for it to feed on.
I'm still not 100% sure on your experience, but it sounds very familiar to mine, so I thought I'd give a little info. Hopefully this helps or gives other posters an idea. 😊
phil1985 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Shinigami0: No, the coin left her after a time. I'll have to get more details about it from her. What I do remember is that it found her one day about the same time as the Faceless experience (about '89-90, actually). She was driving with the window cracked about an inch or less, and the quarter flew in the car from no apparent source, and hit her in the head! I'll post more details when I ask her. Strange thing is, a co-worker of mine reported finding a similar quarter (possibly the same quarter?) about a year ago. She was watching TV with her boyfriend on the couch, and out of nowhere, the quarter hit her in the cheek!
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
Scary! A girlfriend of mine had a similar experience as your wife. She was also a teenager around the same time as your wife (mid 1980s I'm guessing, by the song reference), and was in a record store. She said a man walked in and when she glanced up, he also had no face! No one else in the store seem to notice but her. Needless to say she hightailed it out of there. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer ❤
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
I had a friend who was able to see and communicate with spirits. And according to her, faceless spirits belong to people who have been dead for a very long time, like hundred of years or so. Though I personally haven't seen one myself. Hope that somehow helps.

Blessed be. ❤
Szaffi (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
Interresting. I heared about the same in the Japanee culture only. There those women are losing their face after death who have lost a child. Then might have to read after the European/American bits.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
You know, this reminds me of a creature called a "tulpa" that I encountered. Now, about the coin... Does she still have it, and if so, does she see the faceless being? I think I may know what you're dealing with here. 😕
DanielS1322 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
thats pretty creepy man I have never actually seen anything but someday I hope I do

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: