You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Faceless Apparition - Longstanton, Cambridge

Real Ghost Stories

Faceless Apparition - Longstanton, Cambridge

 

This relates to a time when I moved from my hometown in Doncaster, South Yorkshire to Cambridge after graduating at Sheffield University in business.

I started a trainee managers position with a well known British retailer in Bar hill, Cambridge and moved into my girlfriends parents house. After finishing my training, I was appointed as a night trader at another store.

One night, around the summer of 1999, I finished in the early hours of the morning and was travelling home from the store which took about 20-25 minutes. The final part of the journey I will never forget and still makes me shudder today. I was travelling along Longstanton Road, between Bar Hill and Longstanton which has no street lighting. As I was driving, I noticed a figure walking along the side of the road with their back to me. The road is miles from anywhere so I just assumed it was a drunk who had decided to walk home after a night out.

As I approached, I decided to give the person a wide berth. What happened next still haunts me to this day. As I drew level, the figure turned sharp and jumped in front of me. Even more frightening was the fact that it didn't seem to have any facial features. I waited for the inevitable impact... There wasn't one. I looked in my mirror and the figure had vanished.

When I got to my girlfriends house, five minutes later, I was still shaking. I woke my girlfriend up who said to me "you're as white as a sheet - you look like you have just seen a ghost".

I rang the police and asked them if they could go and have a look in the area as I started to doubt what I had seen. I told them if it was somebody playing pranks or were drunk they were likely to get killed.

The reality is that I am convinced I saw an apparition that night. I can't think of any other explanation.

I would be interested to know if anybody else has had a similar experience in that area.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Robbo1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

roylynx (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-08)
Why does a famous place like Cambridge will have so many "faceless being"?
My friend whom was a student in Cambridge stayed in their dorm for 2 years.

He fell sick and needed to stay in the dorm for a summer, since the school was closing; the dorm manager stayed with him too, and took care of him. The night when the last room had emptied, my friend moved down to an old room right next to the dorm manager's room. That night, he couldn't sleep and so he turned the bedside lamp on trying to read a magazine, the moment he turn on the lamp he saw a very pale looking figure probably wearing an old style robe? It was facing my friend, like looking down on him, but my friend could not see any facial parts on that figure. The figure disappear all the sudden and finally my friend was able to shout for help. The dorm manager said to him that not only him but many of the old students there had witnessed the faceless figure.

I am not sure but it is like a folk tale around that area, I thought my friend was fooling around but now I read your story, the faceless being shall be true then, interesting.

Blessing from São Paulo

E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: