You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Faceless Gray Creature

Real Ghost Stories

Faceless Gray Creature

 

One night my family and I were eating dinner and my back was to the kitchen. It sounded like a cutting board fell out of the cabinet behind me, and I didn't think much of it. However my mom looked over and screamed, so I turned to look, and hunched on all fours between the island counter and the counter I saw a very thin gray creature. It looked as if it's tight ashen skin was covering the features of its face, including its large mouth. It looked like it had arms but was standing on all fours. All the skin on its body was tight and gray. When I think back to it I don't recall feeling senses of evil, I just feel curious. When I saw the creature I screamed and jumped over the table and got ready to throw my glass at it but when I looked back it was gone.

When my mom asked why I jumped over the table I told her what I saw. She seemed a little concerned and she told me she screamed because she saw a mouse. Along with everyone else at the table. I don't know why I was the only one who saw what I saw and I don't know why it didn't stay.

I haven't ever seen this again, but I have seen shadows and people in my house along with abnormal smells and footsteps. I have always felt watched in my house although it doesn't scare me it just feels like someone or something is watching from the corners of the ceiling. My mom and I both can sense things that my sisters can't, because of this my mom does smudged the house every few years. If anyone has any idea what this could have been please let me know. I would love to hear your ideas anything would help me to get some closer to my experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Thelawshh77, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Flamaboar1712 (3 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-09-08)
I am not sure, but I think the entity you saw was a djinn. Djinns are capable of potraying themselves as dogs,snakes,mice and even birds. But it does not work on everybody (It dosent work on me, and I believe that I have seen them on 3 different occasions,). (I plan posting my experiences on this site). And I completely agree with silverthane61. The djinns illuision didn't seem to work on you. I am sorry if there are any grammatical errors. English is not my first language.

Have a nice day.
Robin15 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-28)
This sounds very similar to something my mother and I once saw. We were in the living room and saw a creature exactly of your description peering into the window from outside...freaky...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-19)
Thelawshh, though I have no idea what the gray entity could be, I don't think it had anything to do with the earthquake. Besides, it's not like earthquakes in Maine are unheard of.
According to the following link, there have been 106 tremors registered there since 1997.

/https://www.maine.gov/dacf/mgs/hazards/earthquakes/quake-recent.htm
Thelawshh77 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-19)
Thank you this does make me feel a little better, I don't know if this means anything or if it was a coincidence, but the same year I saw it we had an earthquake in my town. As I said I live in Maine, so this is very uncommon.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-08-19)
If what you saw was not a figment of your imagination, and if you saw the creature in its real form, then I believe the creature wished to be seen as a mouse. For some reason, the illusion did not work on you. Of course this does not answer the real question: What is it? I cannot answer that one, but if I had to guess, I would say that it is inter-dimensional.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: