You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Faceless With Stripe Dress

Real Ghost Stories

Faceless With Stripe Dress

 

This will be a quick and bizarre one. For better imagination of the situation, think of a rectangle, the living room is located at the West end while the extended outside kitchen is located on the East end of the house.

One night last year, my family and I decided to karaoke after dinner. I remember it was a rainy night and at around 10, my grandma suddenly rush into the house from the outside kitchen while yelling my youngest sister's name. We were all puzzled and concerned as her face was pale, my dad started to ask her in Dusun (Sabah's indigenous language). Apparently, when she was washing the dishes at the back end of the kitchen, she felt something was off, she described as if like someone is watching her, which led her to turn around to investigate. To her shock, there was a figure, about 140cm (a 10-12 years old girl's height), standing there with a black and white stripe dress. The first glance, my grandma knew it was an apparition because of its shape and figure and the sudden level of discomfort she felt. But what made her scream was the moment when she saw where her face supposed to be was a distorted unclear blur, she was faceless.

My sister and I quickly went to the back and investigate. The outside was still raining and because it is an outside kitchen, the pitter patter sound of the raindrops hitting the roof were so loud that we need to speak a little louder to each other. We walked around but did not see anything, so we went back in. I saw my grandma started to collect dry onions and garlic skin and wrapped them in a peace of newspaper and burnt it outside of the door (this is an old traditional Dusun way of cleansing or to scare away the bad spirits with the smell). My grandma was pretty freaked out so we helped her finish up the dishes.

After my grandma calmed down, she told us what she think she saw. She said that the apparition could be a passer by from outside who just happen to stopped and took shed from the heavy rain outside. My grandma also said it is normal to have passer by but she has never seen one like this before, "her face... Or whatever I saw, was really abnormal... It was distorted, it wasn't clear, just not normal...", she said with a concern face. We assured her that the smell of the garlic scared it away. And I guess we were right, because it did not appear again.

Other hauntings by ssexyca

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ssexyca, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-09-13)
Your poor grandma! 😨 I always wonder why spirit shows themselves to some, but not all of us? I would have ran out of the kitchen screaming too. Hmmm, that's interesting about the dry onion and garlic skin. You say your grandma never saw the faceless spirit again, so I'll remember to try that method myself if needed. Thank you for sharing your spooky story.
ssexyca (3 stories) (6 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-09-09)
Hi Rajine,

I haven't encounter any faceless apparition yet, and I don't think I want to hahah

But it is questionable. What are "they"?
ssexyca (3 stories) (6 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-09-09)
Hi The_Lost_Voyage_11, Thank you for your comment and yes I do agreed that their unclear distorted face could be all of the reasons you stated up there. They can be really scary as we are so used to seeing people with faces. ><

As of that night, I am pretty sure it is not a human as there are guard dogs outside the kitchen area, and they would bark very loud if they see strangers closed by.

I just hope it doesn't come back anymore.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-07-27)
Hello ssexyca, thank you for sharing your intriguing experience. Perhaps it was just a passerby, but of a spiritual sense and not so much of a flesh and blood person. There is the possibility that it was a real person, perhaps wearing a hood, or perhaps had wet hair covering part of their face, and your grandma, being in shock just may not have gotten as clear a look at their face due to the suddenness of the situation.

I'm not as inclined towards the latter as your grandma clearly took in the figures height as well as the color and decoration of the clothing, it doesn't make as much sense that she failed to catch the details of this figures face.

There are many tales of these faceless figures, my family actually had an apparition like this haunt their home for many years. It's not clear why the face cannot be seen, but there are some plausible theories. In my families case, a medium stated that the ghost did not want to be identified, she had disfigured herself in life and afterwards kept her face in shadow to add to the fear her appearance brought and to ensure her identity was kept secret, she obviously did not want help. I cannot confirm this was the case but will offer it up here. We know in ghost stories of past loved ones, some appear looking younger than in life and in clothes they loved, so if they can alter their appearance, it's reasonable to assume they can hide their face or other body features, for any reason they deem it to do so.

The other reason, is the same theory behind shadow beings. Many believe that we can only see them as shadows because they cannot fully manifest. Entities/ghosts with no face could be the same thing, just not enough energy to fully manifest. Faces have many details to them so it may take more energy. They could also be undecided in how they want to look. I mean many people don't like the way they look while alive, and since their personality is pretty much the same after they pass, they don't like the way they look afterwards, perhaps even to the point of shame, and may not expend the energy to make their face visible.

It's most curious but perhaps it's something more to think about in terms of your 'visitors' appearance. I look forward to hearing of any more of your encounters your share. Good luck!
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-07-26)
Hi ssexyca

I've read and experienced the faceless person and I still don't know what to make of it, is it a random spirit? Or a demon? Or an alien 🤷‍♂️
That must have been unnerving for your grandma.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: