You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Creepy Empty Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Creepy Empty Room

 

This story has to do with a creepy empty room next to my room. My room used to be a dining room and was attached to that creepy room, both rooms were empty for a while, then I took the dining room as my bedroom to escape from my sloppy little sister. My mom had french doors put up to separate the rooms. Later I got a bed, computer, and many stuffed animals in my room and that room got a television and couch. One day I was watching the movie Twister in that room and was reading a book, too, I fell asleep because books put me to sleep, then I woke up to the television off and the movie and book was gone, I found them in their original spots before I took them, so that made me confused.

Later that room became empty again and it was summer and got very warm in my room, that room is always cold so I opened the french doors to cool down my room, then something weird happened, I suddenly fell into a deep sleep and I would hear my name being whispered into my ear and wake up feeling wide awake and terrified with my heart pounding and a strange feeling in my chest, that kept happening until I closed the french doors, I don't really know why that happened when the doors were open.

Sometimes when I have my dog, Peanut, sleeping in my room with me, I would see her looking into that room and looked like she was watching something moving around in there, but when I looked I didn't see anything. Sometimes I would go in that room to put some stuff in there just to move them out of the way, like christmas decorations and donation stuff, and every time I go in that room it's freezing cold and creepily silent. Rarely, my little sister and I would hear a thud in there and find nothing there. My sister told me when she fell asleep in my room with those doors open, she would experience the same thing that happens to me when those doors are open.

When I went in there to move some empty boxes in there, I would hear the glass from the window cracking and would hear loud wind and wind chimes, which was what it sounded like when I was in that room when we were going through a hurricane and a tornado was coming, it's like repeating that same sound for some reason, I don't really know why that happens, my rat was also killed by my dog in that room. I think that room is probably creepy because of my worst memories take place there, but I don't know the exact reason.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tornado_obsession, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

tornado_obsession (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
Oh wow, I haven't been here in quite a while.
Anyway, when my brother moved out and left his room vacant, I immediately claimed it even though I had to do a tremendous amount of cleaning before I moved in. I just couldn't take that creepy room any longer. Now my old room is used as a storage room.
whitehorsesxx (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
my elder brother, who lives in australia and has done for sometime now, in his dads house he felt the same feeling with an old empty storage room at the heart of the house. This room was sorrounded by windows and my brother would often see and hear things in this room on the way to the washroom in the middle of the night when everybody else was asleep. It seems to me like something creepy happened in that room, and spirits use it... Take care, Amy ❤
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Dear tornado_obsession,

Your story is scary and frightening. Like what Miss_Codi_47 said, you are one brave person for staying in your room. I am quite worried that a malevolent spirit might be haunting your room. I recomend a cleansing or a blessing in order to safegaurd you from evil.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
Miss_Codi_47 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
All I can say is wow. Great story. Your fairly brave staying in the room connected to it if that was me I would be long gone. I agree with Kathia something has probably happened in there, you should try find out and lett us no.
kathia (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-23)
well your story is really creppy true! But remember the dogs could see everything even ghostly type stuff they have a diffent type of vision but check the history of the house maybe is really old and something or someone is hauting the room. Something happened in that roomlong time ago or something terrible happened there in that room. Okay take care,peace.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: