You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Creepy New Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy New Apartment

 

I need some advice. My family and I moved into this apartment in November last year. Since the first night, there was something that I kept seeing at one of my bedroom windows. It was like a very black shadow that kept moving. I checked and couldn't see anything outside nor inside that could cause it. A few nights later, our older son came into our bedroom and started freaking out, saying that there's someone at the window. I told him it's just a shadow, as we are on the second floor and it's not possible for someone to be there.

Our bed is close to that window and I usually sleep on that side. About a month ago, my husband happened to sleep on that side of the bed and when he got up and went to shower the next morning, he was alarmed to find a long scratch going up his thigh. That same evening I went to get my nails done at the salon and stayed a bit late. My husband told me that in my absence, our 2 year old daughter was in our room and kept pointing to the same window, saying there's mommy!

I decided that enough was enough so I went to the window and said a prayer then asked whatever entity that was there to leave. I'm a Christian, so I asked them to leave in the name of the father, Son and Holy Spirit. I repeated it in the night and we no longer see nor sense anything there.

Fast forward to this morning, I noticed dark handprints on our ceiling, from the balcony to my son's bedroom, right over the bed! They are few and far apart, not very bright and small, mostly the fingers.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just stumped. It's seems so unreal. We're just sitting here wondering what on earth to do next.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tagba, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BelieverDude11 (7 posts)
+2
12 months ago (2023-03-24)
Well, Taqba... I suggest you do what you did at the window. Tell whatever is doing these things to leave and never return... In the Name of Jesus Christ.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2023-03-12)
Hi again Tagba, I have also mistakenly called you Panama, sorry about that, I don't think today is my day 🤦‍♂️
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2023-03-12)
Hi Panama

I wonder why your daughter would call whatever that thing is "mommy" and the handprints on the ceiling is very spooky, I know that evil entities leave scratch marks on its victims as sort of a warning, perhaps learning about the houses history will shed some light on what you experiencing.
Tagba (1 stories) (1 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2023-03-12)
Hello everyone, thanks for the feedback. No worries CrimsonTopaz 😊
Lady-glow thank you so much. I do believe that the prayers work. Last night I went throughout the house and prayed, I also did a special prayer over all three of my children.
The prints look black as if someone small dipped their hands in soot.
As for the apartment building, it is pretty new and the owner is still alive.
We've had a lot of strange things happen in previous apartments, especially surrounding my younger son but this was the first time someone got physically affected (my husband getting scratched) and we've never had prints on the ceiling before.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
 
1 year ago (2023-03-12)
Tagba, Sorry I called you Panama. Silly goose me. I'm blind as a bat, and read your country as your member name. Ladyglow has offered you some sound advice. As usual she always has trust worthy feedback. Keep us posted.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2023-03-12)
CrimsonTopaz.

"it sounds very hard from what you've described for a person to do that unless they have the abilities if Spiderman."

LOL.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2023-03-12)
Hi Tagba, and welcome to YGS.

It's unnerving when something unseen can cause physical damage, and start mimicking the living.

In my opinion, and considering that this presence seems to have calmed down a little after your prayer, it would be a good idea to bless your place, either by yourself or asking for the help of a priest.

It would be interesting to know the history of the house, specifically if any previous tenant passed away in the premises, and might be unaware of their departure or have unfinished business keeping them attached to your home.

If a blessing works, its possible it may need to be performed several times in order to be effective permanently.

Good luck and keep us posted.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2023-03-12)
Panama, that really does sound creepy. How far is the balcony to your son's room and the prints you describe as dark, are they mud, dirt, what kind of dark marks. (If you know). Is it possible that they were there from the previous tenants but became visible as a result of dust sitting on the marks and sticking making the marks more visible. Regardless of what type of marks, it sounds very hard from what you've described for a person to do that unless they have the abilities if Spiderman.
Thanks for listing your story. I really hope you get to the bottom of this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: