You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Dad Got The Shock Of His Life

Real Ghost Stories

My Dad Got The Shock Of His Life

 

I don't remember this happening as I was only three and a half years old. This story is what my parents have told me happened and they would never ever lie to me.

I, my mum and my dad were living in a small house in Scarborough, north Yorkshire. The house wasn't very old and to my mums knowledge nobody had ever died in the house.

My mum had had many strange experiences in the house, things disappearing and then reappearing weeks sometimes months later, cold spots, feelings of being watched, doors opening and slamming shut on there own with all windows and doors closed in the house so there was no breeze running through the house to cause this to happen.

She would put me to bed and every night without fail I would come running back downstairs in an irritated and upset state, saying to her that the boy that lives under my bed won't let me go to sleep and he's scaring me. My mum would calm me down and tell me to tell him to go away and eventually she would get me back to sleep.

My dad was at work most of the time and had never experienced anything out of the ordinary. And being a skeptic towards anything remotely paranormal he wouldn't believe anything my mum would tell him was happening in the house while he was at work. He just thought my mum was stressed and over tired looking after me all day and night. But soon my dad was going to get the shock of his life that would change his entire perspective of the world as he knew it.

One night my dad was off work and was in bed trying to catch up on some sleep. My mum had put me to bed and the usual had happened and I had gone back downstairs because the little boy was scaring me again.

My dad was woken up by sounds coming from my bedroom and got out of bed to tell me to stop messing around and go back to sleep. He said he went into my bedroom and saw a little boy underneath my bed, still being half asleep he thought it was me messing about under the bed, he shouted at the little boy and told him to get back in bed and go to sleep. He then went downstairs to see my mum, opened the door and sees me sitting there on my mums lap!

My mum said his face just went pure white and he just stood there for a minute or so looking at us with a look of confusion and shock on his face.

It took him three days to finally tell my mum what had shook him up so much that night. Needless to say he is now a believer.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Andy24uk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jaxrox41310 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
This story was so funny! Definitely one of my favorites! Thank you so much for sharing:-)
AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
This story made me laugh! That little boy really showed your dad!
What happened to this little boy? Did he stick around? Or just prove a point to your dad and disappear?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
Well there you have it! I love these little retribution stories where someone goes "oh, there's no such thing as ghosts" when someone is scared witless. Then they have an experience, and it's like "yeah, how does it feel?"

Sure would have freaked me out!
Andy24uk (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
Pjod: I cannot remember ever seeing the little boy. I was amazed when my mum told me that I used to see a ghost on a nightly basis!
But I can vaguely remember living there just don't remember anything about the spirit. I was very young when it was happening
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
what about your memories of this child?
Do you recall anything of that time, living there?
Andy24uk (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
TheGirlInWhite: We moved away from that house when I was five. I don't see or feel him anymore. I believe he was attached to the house. I Have had a few paranormal experiences as an adult, but, I don't believe them to be connected to the spirit I saw as a child.
Andy24uk (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
DARKNESS: My dad says that when he shouted at the little boy and told him to get back in bed, he did see the boy get out from under the bed. So in a way, yeah the spirit did acknowledge my dad.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Andy24uk: Do you know if the little kid under the bed acknowledged your father at the time? Seems as though he is attached to the land or something in your home, definitely worth looking into. Would have been quite freaky to have witnessed.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
Andy, This story sure is similar to my, "Strange Visitor at Night", story. Isn't strange how we live across an ocean, and these sprits pretty much expose themselves, in pretty much the same manner. Also, what is it about Dads', that they never want to believe their families, when it concerns the paranormal. Go figure. 😉 ❤
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
I bet he never ever disbelieved again! Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
People often have to have their own personal experience before they come to realize that the paranormal does exist and there definitely things that we do not understand.

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless!
TheGirlInWhite (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
That's what you get for not beliving. But yeh I can imagine that must have scared him so much.
Sounds really scarey, and being that young makes it worse.

You still living there, if you do, do you still see it of feel it?

Cheers for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: