You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Man

 

I am not very good at writing stories. I am sorry that this isn't good but I am doing my best, ok.

I was in Elementary when I first saw the Shadow Man, I was sleeping one night and I heard someone calling my name. I got up and he was standing at the end of my bed. He held one hand out to me and in the other was a knife. He said, "come to me." I was so scared that I screamed at the top of my lungs, then my mom came running into the room. She asked what was wrong and I told her about the shadow man that was standing there.

She said, "it's only a nightmare, don't worry." I didn't want to sleep but I was so tired that I finally did. The next day, I told my dad about the Shadow Man. He said it was only my imagination and that I shouldn't worry about it. So I didn't say anything about it to anyone since.

But in 2006 when I was living on my own, I had the same experience but this time I was sleeping on my couch. I had fallen asleep watching a movie. The Shadow Man had return and he was holding his hand out to me saying "come to me, come to me, come to me." While he was saying that he was getting closer to me. I cuddled my pillows and screamed. My neighbor must have heard me becaise she started banging on my door. She was yelling to me and she said she had called the cops. She somehow got the door to open. She put her arms around me and she was telling me it was going to be ok. When the cops came they asked a lot of question and I just wasn't in the mood to answer any of them.

When they left, my neighbor asked me who that man was and why he was there. She asked me how he could just disappear in the middle of the room. I asked her what did he look like and why she didn't tell the cops. She said that she was scared that they would think she was crazy.

He hasn't appeared to me since that night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rez-girl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

angelahale47 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-16)
well I have a story about the shadow man with the hat. I lost my husband in january27 2011. One night in november I was going to the bathroom and looked over and seen and srak shadow with a round hat on then I looked back he was gone. Well one night in decmber my daughter was asking me about the same man she described him to me she saw him in her room she is really creeped out by this. I don't know y he shows up. I'm not scared of him just want to know what he wants.
DCinAZ (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
1) Did both of these instances occur while living on the reservation? 2) Have you considered speaking your tribes Medicine Man or priest? Just curious. This a very compelling experience that in your case, because you are Navajo, may have some history attached to it. Simply reporting it to an elder or Med. Man would at least leave a trail to follow should it happen to someone else in the future. I'd love to hear their thoughts on this. If you have, or do, speak to them about it please let us know. I think we'd all be interested. Thank you for sharing. Sending good vibes across the desert to you, hope it helps. ❤
robertar (223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
why would the cops think she was crazy... It could just seem like he had ducked out of the way and was hiding. I'm not saying she had to believe it, but that's what the police would.

P.S., tell your shadow man to go to hell. Literally. Tell him about Jesus, they like that.
Ghostwolf (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
I had one of these for a long time, he was a demonic something that appeared as a shadow man and tried to take me. When I was little my mum saw him trying to carry me away. I only just got rid of him a year or so ago. If you don't want him back some incense in sage or ceder burned on occasion, a piece of jewelery made of clear quartz and silver or iron and salt, or salt around your home should send him on his way (Hawaiian rock salt is best). It worked for me.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-09)
Hmmm, I too, at first, felt it might have been a bad dream. However, it sounds like your neighbor, saw him as well. Could you please, explain, how it is she too saw him? Did she catch sight of him, as she opened the door? Was 2006, the last time, you saw him? Has he ever come back to you?
Sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to figure this out, so I can help you. So far, it sounds, demon, like. 😕 ❤
ghost777 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-09)
hi that really creepy and don't come to to him ok not worth it and black shadow is demon okay not good and just pray to god and let angel look after you ok hope that help take care x 😁
akumasoul (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-09)
Hmmm...Can you give me a brief description on how this 'black man' looked like? Did he had a tail? Or red eyes? Did he fox like or cat like eyes? And one more question... Is your spiritual pressure high?
Sorry if this is a lot of question but I think I can help you alot.
Silene02 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Holly s**t! I hope you never meet that hoeeible thing again my friend. Pray and offer some candles to the saints or whoever you believe in. Your story gave me the creeps, at the beginning I thougt that was just a bad dream but at the end of your story I just felt the chills on my spine!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: