You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Black Smoke Filled My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Black Smoke Filled My Room

 

A long time ago when I was in college, I got home late... Sometime around midnight, I went through my usual routine, brushed my teeth, washed up and went to bed. It was a full moon that night, so when I turned off the lights, a few seconds later the light from the moon slowly crept inside and dimly lit my room just enough to see my surroundings.

To my surprise, it started getting dark again. And for some reason, it seemed like there was black smoke emanating from the center of my room (about eye level while I was sitting on my bed). I couldn't understand what it was but it just kept on getting darker and darker until to my horror, I couldn't see the other half of my room anymore. It was completely filled with black smoke... It seemed as if it was an empty space of nothingness. The black smoke kept on occupying more space until it filled 3/4 of my room already and the only thing that wasn't filled with black smoke was my bed (where I was sitting).

Luckily, I'm used to seeing strange things and at the time this happened, I was in a bad mood and I didn't like what was happening. I simply yelled at whatever it was that I wasn't in the mood and to please stop bugging me. And to my surprise, the black smoke that filled 3/4 of my room started to disappear as if it was being sucked in by a vacuum at the center of my room (same spot where it came from). And after a few seconds the black smoke had completely disappeared and I could see my entire room again with the dim light from the full moon.

If anyone has any idea or has experience the same thing, your comments are very much welcome. Although I've seen so many things, it would be great to know what that black smoke was. Thanks.

Other hauntings by japsmeister

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, japsmeister, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

henrymena (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
Wow I have experience this, I was actually trying to do research which led me to your story...I'm at lost for words my story is very similar... I had fallen asleep while watching t.v. In my living room, I woke up and seen This thick really Dark black Smoke that some what seemed contained an a circumference of a circle above my t.v. It was like it was watching me... I remember just looking at it and all of a sudden it all started to come together to a center like the smoke was being sucked into a small hole and then diapered...That's crazy I'm glad to know some else has experienced this too... I as we'll have experienced things my whole life
japsmeister (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
merlin - hmmm...that's a nice theory... Does that make you see black smoke slowly filling up your room? If it does, I'd much rather welcome that theory rather than the thought of an entity being in my room. 😨
merlin (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
could it be possible that from standing position and then you sat on your bed- the rush of blood into your brain did the trick? It always happen to me, I just don't know the medical term.
japsmeister (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Thanks Vikstal and reneespring. At first I did consider that but the light from the moon had already adjusted after I turned off the lights. So there was already light in my room coming from the moon. I can't remember if it was cloudy though, but if it was clouds, there should still be a faint outline of the surrounding in my room. The thing is there wasn't any. It was pitch black dark with smoke.

Rashidah - I'm glad to know it wasn't anything dangerous... I thought the black smoke was going to engulf me. Thanks. That's a scary aura though... 😨
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-09)
I have also had experiences in seeing smoke in different colors; black, green, grey and so on.

These are entities. What you saw was just the aura of that particular entity.

It is good that it obeyed your voice and left, so it was not anything dangerous.
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-09)
Maybe it was just your eyes getting used to the dark room. Or it could have been what reneespring said.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Hmmm maybe the moon went behind some clouds and it looked like dark smoke filled your room.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: