You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Brother's Last Request

Real Ghost Stories

My Brother's Last Request

 

On the 10th of November 2006, my little brother passed away at age 7. It was a tragedy that affected the very core of who I was, and am. My brother and I were always close (me being the oldest and him being the youngest).

I have always had the ability to sense, see and communicate with spirits. This experience however, is the experience of my sister. (middle child)

I will attempt to write in the first person as not to confuse anyone.

...

The day before my brothers funeral, the house was packed with mourning family members. In the loungeroom, I lay on the floor with my cousins to talk about my brother and the good times we had. I soon fell asleep. After sometime I "woke up" to my (deceased) brother gently shaking my shoulder. I knew I was dreaming but I was so happy to see him.

He told me to come with him to the room we shared, and play with him. I was nervous, I didn't want to go. I was scared but I didn't want to make him upset. I cautiously followed him to our room, where he commenced to climb up into the top shelf of our closet (we used to make cubby houses there). He told me to follow him up there to play with him.

I told him I couldn't go up there. He held out his hand and told me that he would help me up. At this point I started to cry.

(My grandmother always told my sister and I that, if anytime a member of our deceased family or anyone that we knew to have passed away, to never take their hand, because they will be able to bring you soul and spirit to heaven with them [we had an Irish Catholic upbringing])

As I said before, I started to cry. I so desperately wanted to take his hand. He was crying and I couldn't bare to see him upset. He told me that he wanted to take me with him. He didn't want to be alone. So I slowly raised my hand and something stopped me.

Something had already taken my hand and was holding it tightly. I woke up to my sister shaking me, yelling at me not to do it. She was holding my hand and telling me its not my time.

I woke up and cried on my sister's shoulder. I told her that a part of me wanted to go, but a part of me wanted to stay. After I had calmed down she told me that she walked into the room and saw me lift my hand so she rushed to my side and grabbed onto my hand and held it tightly.

She told me she did this so I would have a connection to the living world. Still to this day I think about it. I think about what could have happened if my sister didn't walk into the room.

Us aboriginal Australians believe that we should never take a deceased person's hand either in a dream or reality, because they will be able to take us (our spirits/souls) with them, either into the sirit world, heaven, hell, etc. (I don't want to offend anyone here).

So that is my sister's story. I have always wondered about her experience, and yes I was the big sister in the story. Has anyone had similar experiences? I would like to enlighten my sister if she may have a gift of some sorts.

Be safe, be happy.

Jookie

Other hauntings by Jookie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jookie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bebostunnah (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-23)
Im sorry bou your loss ❤ I swear ih brought tears to my eyes great storey
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-22)
I would like to express my deepest sympathy to your family for your loss, I think we all know that pain very well. 😢

I had a similar experience, my uncle who I loved like the older brother I always wanted committed suicide. Even though is been over 10 years I still can't get over it.

I had a dream where I saw him come into my room (when I used to live with my mom) and we talked about how much we missed each other when he reach his hand out to me I grabbed his hand and I felt the cold of his touch but I woke up right away... I don't know what that means but I think that he didn't want me to join him, but to just hold me one more time.

I think your little brother is in a better place with deceased love ones and I'm sure he's looking down on you and your family.

Thank you for sharing your story and once again I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. ❤
saaya090 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-22)
It was very touching. 😭 😢 I I don't know what to say. RIP whatever your brother's name was. 😢 I am very deeply sorry for your loss.
50ftqueen (5 stories) (34 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-14)
I also have a similar story to yours, where someone recently deceased wanted me to come with him. Looks like that custom goes across cultures.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-11)
First of all, I would like to express my deepest sympathy to your family for your loss. How tragic, so young.

I understand the custom of not taking the hand. I hadn't understood until I read your story.

I believe your brother has crossed over to the light and is not afraid any more or alone. When he asked your sister to take his hand and to basically come with him, he had not been gone that long and his spirit lingered. He saw all of you together and wanted to be a part of that still. He was afraid and responded the best way he knew how.

You have told in your story how loving your family is and was. He has found the courage and love to go on to be with other children and to be with other members of the family that have gone on before him.

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless!
Jookie (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-11)
Thank you all for your kind and loving words.

Vikstal- don't get me wrong sweetie, we can definately reach out and touch their hand. Its all a matter of choice and beliefs. Whether we want to or not. Both my sister and I have been taught not to do that since we were young. We knew it wasn't the time for us. Only for our baby brother.

Roseinbloom-
No darlin, he didn't suffer. I think it would have been more traumatic for us if he did. No, he fell backwards off a tree and must have hit his head so bad that the brain bled. 😢 he did not suffer, for that, I am so thankfull to this day. Yes it does seem so much more tradgic when a child's life has ceased. I will keep you all posted as to when I see him next.

Be safe, be happy to all,

Love,
Jookie ❤ 😢
KandiieChoklatee (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-10)
Jookie
I'm so sorry for your loss. And I think your sister was chosen by your brother to make connections. I believe that if someone close to you dies, and when you wake up in the middle of your sleep (even though you haven't yet found out your family died,) you can see them. Keep us posted.

Kenzie x
Spes et amor do fortitudo
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-09)
Jookie, I am so sorry about your little brothers' death. Was it sudden? Was he sick for a long time? I truly hope he didn't suffer for a long time. Anyway, the death of a child is very hard, not only on the immediate family, but also, on people in general, who happen to hear about their untimely death. We all feel it is unnatural for one so young to pass away so early. This being because, we all feel, that, they did not get to experience life to its' fullest potential.
I honestly, feel that your brother loved you all very much, and was extremly close to his siblings. Maybe, this is why he may have trouble moving on the the light of rest and peace. My heart goes out to your loving family and I hope that should you or your sister ever have another experience, such as this one, he may need your assistance in trying to move to the light.
Let him know that there are others who are past family members, who await him on the other side, waiting to welcome him. Tell him, he will never be alone, and someday all of you, will again, be together forever.
My prayers and blessings are with you, your family, and brother. ❤
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-09)
Hm, but why do the deceased give you their hand if they know you cannot give them yours?!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
So sorry for your loss jookie and how beautiful it was that your brother reached out to you from the spirit world... They can and do visit us in our dreams from time to time... And I hope you draw strength on the fact that you will see him again one day... Thank you for sharing your story...

God bless
Silene02 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
well I couldn't stop my tears. I felt sorry for you and for your little brother. Why did he dies? Was he sick the poor little fellow? Really I felt so sad reading your story.

In my case I had a boyfriend when I was twenty years old. He had a severe case of depression and while he was visiting his family in his country, he commited suicide.

Many times after he died I saw him in dreams and he wanted me to follow after him. He was upset when I told him in the dream that I was not his girlfriend anymore and I was not going to follow him. This happenned many times.

I never heard about the danger of following a deceased but I was careful to never follow him because when he died, I was with my family on vacation and he was in his country where he died. He came in my dreams and show me where he was going to be buried, he show me the coffin where he was going to be put, etc.

After some days I got the bad news of his death. When he came back in my dreams, he always tried to make me follow him but as you say, you never know what can happens.
sinner (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
WOW! What a story! I want to cry! I am sorry about your lost...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: