You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Cat Came To Say Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

Cat Came To Say Goodbye

 

My cat had a Vaccine Related Sarcoma. This is a tumor due to vaccination. This is very prevalent when you give vaccinations to your pets. The stuff that vaccination is made of causes cancer. Poor baby had one of his legs amputated. This has only prolonged his life for about six months. He was at the last stages, and only couple of days left for him to live.

I noticed that my cat, couple of days before passing away, was looking at the wall, at one particular spot for minutes. Then, he would go there and touch the wall, and meow. This was happening several times a day for a couple of days. It seemed to me as he was looking at something beyond what is seen by the human eyes. He would go there several times. He would sit there and wait for something. I am not trying to sound crazy, but I think that it was an unseen portal or entrance to something we don't see. Like a passage to another world after death. Perhaps, the door was there already and he was trying to open it while alive. I also noticed that he would stare at some space and like he was listening to something or conversing with something unseen. His face was moving, and I heard little meows, and he would look at me, and then look at something that he was conversing with. Was he talking to his death relatives?

There are a lot of things in this world that we don't know. Animals do see fourth dimension-something that is not seen by human eyes. It is possible that they might see ghost or something that is out of this world. There might be portal to another world so close to us that we don't even know because we cannot detect it by our senses.

My poor angel passed away. He was so bad that I took him to the Anti-Cruelty Society Chicago where he was euthanized. I was with him until the end. He passed away quickly and peacefully. I could not sleep all night. I was overflown with the guilt and sorrow. I fell asleep sometimes during the morning hours, sitting next to my mother on her couch. When I woke up, I felt like something warm was sitting on my feet. When I removed blanket, I saw my cat for a couple of seconds! He was as he used to be before cancer, big and beautiful with four legs! He walked out of the blanket and disappeared. I think that he came to me to say that he was all right, and that he is free now from any pain! He came to say final goodbye, and sat on my feet for the last time.

I have adopted another cat. He also sometimes looks at some place on the wall (different place) and would stare there for minutes. Go wonder! I don't know what my cat was staring at?

Any hypothesis out there?

Other hauntings by norwegiancat

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, norwegiancat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LillyPieLindsay (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
Aww that's so sweet it made tears well up in my eyes and I've never even owned a cat. I've lost a dog before, my soul animal and best friend, so I know how it feels!

Once again I would like to point out another perspective here - its wholly possible that it *was* something that happened while you were dreaming (or a semi-conscious state like right before you wake up) but that doesn't make what happened any less real!

While we like to believe we are the masters of our universes and blame things on logical fallacies like it being "just in your mind" we forget that there is much about the mind (& world) we just don't know. Even if you were technically asleep / dreaming and it was something put out there for you internally foes that not mean your cat wasn't responsible?

Perhaps she came to say "thank you for loving me and giving me such a good life" & "goodbye" and the only way she could have done it was while you were in a dream state.

Sometimes the simplest explanations are also the most elusive ones. I know I'm not explaining this very well, its hard to put into tangible words. Anyone who has read "the holographic universe" will know exactly what I'm trying to say though!

I've had a few things happen when friends of mine have passed that occurred while I was lying in bed, fully awake. (These things are personal but one day I might decide to share them) there has never been a doubt in my mind of what I saw, to the point where each experience didn't scare me or even strike me as out of the ordinary until years later. I do believe just lying down can make us more vulnerable to these experiences, and being asleep even trying to fall asleep just furthers our vulnerability. Something to do with our own energies and presumed natural order of things being more susceptible to permeations or something, Idk.
LillyPieLindsay (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
Aww that's so sweet it made tears well up in my eyes and I've never even owned a cat. I've lost a dog before, my soul animal and best friend, so I know how it feels!

Once again I would like to point out another perspective here - its wholly possible that it *was* something that happened while you were dreaming (or a semi-conscious state like right before you wake up) but that doesn't make what happened any less real!

While we like to believe we are the masters of our universes and blame things on logical fallacies like it being "just in your mind" we forget that there is much about the mind (& world) we just don't know. Even if you were technically asleep / dreaming and it was something put out there for you internally foes that not mean your cat wasn't responsible?

Perhaps she came to say "thank you for loving me and giving me such a good life" & "goodbye" and the only way she could have done it was while you were in a dream state.

Sometimes the simplest explanations are also the most elusive ones. I know I'm explaining this very well, its hard to put into tangible words. Anyone who has read "the holographic universe" will know exactly what I'm trying to say though!
natedog101 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
man I fell sory for you but that is some strong stuff but I believe it my friends dad died last year 2 weeks later a cat came what do you guys think 😕
coaltheblackcat (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-07)
So sorry for you 😭 I lost my cat to a car
When I was 5 I forgot what she looks like now
And I live in a flat with my mom, brother and gran when I go to bed I fell. Her sleeping with me [cr😭
Never forget you little kitty cause In is with you I a way now until the end
norwegiancat (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
Thanks for responces!
How than do you explain the fact that my mother and I both saw my cat in our dreams, the same night? My cat passed away on December 23rd, and we both saw him in our dreams, on December 31rst night, New Year's Eve.
My mother told me that she saw him coming to her and purring around her feet. She tried to scream that he came back, and he than vanished. I, also saw him sitting on the chair right near my couch. However, for some reason, his eyes were closed.
One person can dream of a dead pet, it is understandable. However, seeing similar dreams by two people, that's really something. I might just say to this that there are a lot of things in this word we don't know.
What about precognition? Some dreams do tell you what might happen in the future. Also, some superstitions might sound silly, but thy come true.
norwegiancat (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
Hi,ItsMeKrissi!
Thanks for replying. I am thinking that my cat visited me to say goodbye.
Many people have this experience of their pets visiting. So, I guess there got to be something out there we don't know. Also, if you read my story about "Ghost Cat", what can you say regarding that occurrence?
ItsMeKrissi (11 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
Hey norwegiancat,

When one of my dogs died (years ago) my mom also had the feeling that she felt our dogs fur on her feet.
My guess is that you probably just imagined that feeling on your feet, if she used to do that all the time. I guess you were seeing her in this healthy status, because you didn't want to think of her being in such pain and agony.
It's just a thought, that you want to see you pet being safe and well and feeling happy, or maybe he really did say his final good bye.
norwegiancat (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
Hi,Vikckstal!
Now, how do you explain the fact that when I woke up, I distinctly saw my cat walking away from the blanket, and before I woke up, I felt something warm on my feet, and somewhat heavy. Just like my ct. When I saw him it was for a second, and he was on his four legs, big and beautiful, just like when he was healthy?
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
Just a little explanation to the last bit - when the cat was looking at the wall, it just could have been looking at the wall. Maybe it was hallucinating. It was just you who thought the cat was looking at something specific. And I think when people experience stuff like that and cannot explain it reasonably they put the ghost tag on it.

And I'm sorry about your cat. It is absolutely devastating. I cried my eyes out when my cat was sick.
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
Well, while I have experienced something like it I think it was just your imagination. Subconciously you were trying to calm yourself and ease the guilt.
I have had stuff like this happen twice, with my cat and my grandmother and I think it is just psychological business rather than ghostly.

And the bit "There are a lot of things in this world that we don't know. Animals do see fourth dimension-something that is not seen by human eyes. It is possible that they might see ghost or something that is out of this world. There might be portal to another world so close to us that we don't even know because we cannot detect it by our senses.", I think it is correct to say that humans cannot only see things they also don't know things. All this entrance/portal business is just personal inerpretation, human mind's way of finding a solution to things it doesn't understand. That's just what the brain does - tries to find a logical and rational answer.
TygerDall (2 stories) (29 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-10-23)
Thats so very bittersweet! My three boys (cats),are master flycatchers! Sometimes they 'play' with something unseen too! My youngest, at 7 months is still very active and has not mellowed out yet like the other two, plays for 1 hour after I have laid down to bed.
I lost my very first cat to feline lukemia back in the mid 80's. I think she would come to visit me from time to time while I was growing up.
My oldest cats sister died at 6 months when the pet food was poisoned. I believe he would play with her spirit until I got more kitties.
My middle boy meows at a spot on my living room wall, in my bathroom sitting on the inside corner of the tub, and in my kitchen close to the refrigerator.
Sorry this was so long, very talkative this evening. ❤
crossingover1111 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-22)
I am so sorry for your loss. Pets or animals of God are just like us. They go to a higher place when they cross over. They only want to make sure we are OK before they do this and your loving cat did this.
Cherish the moments you had with him and know that he loves you forever. You will see him when you crossover when it is your time. Good to see you got another kitty. It helps with the loss. I too had to get another dog when we lost ours. It was to difficult, but it reminds us that life goes on and there are others to love out there.
Spread the love.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-22)
that is so sad. I am sorry for your loss. Looking back I wish I would have gotten my cat euthanized. He died of old age and I stayed with him. God it was so horrible. Cats also have guardians or angels. He may have been looking to them for comfort. Or he saw them coming for him and was trying to tell them not yet. My cat held on until I told him it was ok to go. Breaks my heart.
ShucksCrossroad (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-22)
i was with my cat when I had her uthinised, she was very ill and I couldn't watch her pain any longer so I took her to the vet and stayed by her side whispering comforting words into her ear. After we left and I was crying my mum had told me that animals will often follow their owners home from the vets to make sure that they will be alright and say good bye.

So your cat probably followed you home to say his final goodbye x

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: