You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Black Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

The Black Shadow

 

Hey guys I'm back again. Sorry for not posting in a while. Everything seemed calm for the longest time until recently.

I was home alone as I usually am now a days, watching hbo, when I heard the basement door open. I looked up the stairs (I was in the basement at the time) and of course nothing was there. I turned back to the TV, and had to squint because it seemed like there was this haze in front of the TV (like when its hot out and you can see the heat waves). So I stood up and just put my hand where it was, and it was freezing cold. I took a few steps back and turned off the TV and went upstairs to my room. I was about to turn the handle to open the door when my hand once again became cold. I ignored it and turned the handle. I opened the door and there in front of me was a black shadow a little taller than me. I stared at it for a few seconds, and as I did it faded away.

I experienced this many times before if you read my other stories. But just the fact that it has gone unnoticed for so long has me worried. I don't believe it to be harmful I just want to know what it is doing here and why it seems to be attracted to me.

If anyone could provide me with any input that would be great thank you

Other hauntings by Dantheman

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dantheman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
Dantheman: You're stories are interesting and I would like to explain some things to you. Human spirits are just people in spirit form. They can be attracted to people the same way they would be if they were still alive. They may be attracted to your sense of humor, your laugh, smile, smell, the way you wear your hair, etc... Depending on when they lived and died, they may not have had all of the cool gadgets that we have these days like the tv, computer, washer's/dryers, dishwashers, flashy vehicles, cell phones, music, etc... I can understand why a spirit would be curious, interested and attracted to the living.

Thanks again for your story.
swordsman (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-23)
An imp perhaps? Apparently they enjoy messing with people, more mischievous and attention seeking than anything else, completely harmless.
seanmetalhead (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-22)
strange what I would do is just research your houses history if you have then the best thing to do is leave ot until it actually does something bad 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: