You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Childhood House

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood House

 

Before my sister was born I would stay awake at night with my mother. My house is built deep in the desert and at the time our small town only had a population of 3,000. One night around 2am my mother and I heard giggles from outside. It sounded like little children laughing and running around the house. We opened the door and found no one there. We heard it again and pulled up the shades to look outside. And what stared back at us were about 10 narrow distorted faces. They all looked like they were screaming but no sound was coming out. Needless to say we both ran from the window and called the police thinking that someone might be outside. The cops came and found no one. As soon as they left we heard the giggling again but this time we didn't dare look out the window.

I would try to sleep in my room at night by myself. One night I woke up (I am about 4) and I saw a black shape sitting on the edge of my bed. It is like it was darker than my dark room. I would say that it is the same size as me. And I knew it was staring at me though I couldn't make out a face. I got scared and pushed it with my hands and I heard it plop over and fall onto the floor. I never ever ever slept in my room again.

When my little sister was born she was in her crib next to my mom's side of the bed. My mom woke up and looked over at my sister and saw three female entities hovering over her. She said that they were trying to grab her. She explains it was like someone was grasping for something in mid-air. My mom was shouting at them to leave. Finally they did after what seemed like forever.

Of course we had the normal tapping and objects being lost and strange noises and cold drafts. But it is the really really scary stuff that I will continue with in my next chapter of my childhood home

Other hauntings by redphx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, redphx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rabidren (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
Just by reading this I was disturbed.

I probably would have been running out of the house with just the incident in your bedroom.😐

Thank you for posting this, It's very interesting.
Ace45 (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
I really like your stories. And yes Asshat that word just rolls of the tongue doesn't it. I just can't stand when someone is so rude to someone they don't know I had to say something that one comment was just so mean to that girl. Once again great stories glad you had a good laugh at the word (it's meant to insult yet be comedic as well so have fun with it lol) (
chicken-nugget22 (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
Amazing story! I have a qustion... Do you still live in the house in 2011?
erin19 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
If I were you I would of screamed at the black shape and run into my parents room, lol scary!
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-05)
Interesting story, but a little correction... "The Scream" is by the artist Munch, who had a number of phobias he expressed in some of his works of art. That would be some very distorted looking faces, if they looked like something Munch painted. Sorry I rarely correct people, but I am such a fan of art I couldn't help it. ❤
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
My family is very strange at times. Yes trigger items such as the braids. We have a fox fur that belonged to someone. A creepy chair, silver. My mother basically got everything that no one wanted to throw away. I sent in more of my story which explains about the activity in more detail. I have left out a lot of experiences in it though.

I live just outside of Phoenix. The three women entities I can't describe in more detail because I didn't actually witness them, my mother did. And the faces. The best way I can describe it would be the 'Scream' painting by Van Gogh.
robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
Very interesting... I'm looking forward to hear more.

What part of Arizona are you in? Can you be more specific?

I also would like to hear more what these manifestations looked like.

Please take care of yourselves.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
If I had passed and my 'Family' did something like this to me I believe I would find a way to 'come back'... You mention Trigger Items, well those legs and braids certianly qualify as those in 'my book'.

Were you / are you able to publish the next part? I for one would like more information on this intriging story.

Respectfully,

Rook
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
I am not sure but I don't think it really has too much to do with the paranormal in my home. The three sisters were my mom's aunts. To be honest it is all quite strange to me. We have a lot of "trigger objects" in our possession.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
? Do you know why the Family members cut off their braids and kept the wooden legs?

Is that part of the story that is waiting to be published?

So many questions, so many possibliites...

Thanks again, I shall await your next story...

Respectfully,

Rook
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
i have a huge long story waiting to send in until Monday. The house is built next to an Apache reservation. It is creepy as hell in that desert. As for the entities. We think they were relatives but that doesn't mean they were nice. We had three sisters in our family who were all one year apart. They all had hair that went past their knees and in three separate accidents they all lost the same leg. So they were pretty much identical sisters with the same wooden leg. All three died together in a car accident. When they died the family cut off their braids and didn't bury their wooden legs with them. My mom has those items in her possession. My mom is also a sensetive and she felt evil from them. But I was asleep the whole time so I wouldn't be able to say what they were exactly.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
Thank You for posting these interesting experiences.

I'm not sure that "tapping and objects being lost and strange noises and cold drafts" qualifies as 'normal stuff' for many people, but your home in the desert sounds as if it was very active... Is it near, or on, a reservation?

I ask because the child like giggles and the faces you saw may possibly have been residual Native American... Was this a 'one time' occurrence or did it / has it happened more than once?

Did your Mom describe the 3 females? I ask as they may have been Family relatives 'checking in' on your newborn baby sister. Being a Parent I do understand your Mothers reaction, it would be my first one as well... But the way you describe it, I'm not sure it 'feels' as if they were not there to 'cause fear' or 'harm' your sister...

As far as the black 'thing' on your bed that one night... I'm not sure...

Thanks again and keep em coming.

Respectfully,

Rook
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
I don't know what the hell it was but it scared me enough for me to remember every detail for 20 years. Most entites take on an energetic form and most can manipulate air. It could be that I felt the heavy electrical current it gave off and the hitting the floor noise could have been it manipulating air to make a sound like that. I am still trying to figure it out. I've never seen anything like that again and I don't want to
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
Thanks for sharing your story! Hearing the giggling sounds would have been enough for me to not want to look out the window, especially at night. That would have freaked me out big time. It's really weird that the entity that sat on your bed had a physical form... Enough for you to hear it fall, and for you to push. To me that doesn't say ghost, maybe something else?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: