You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandfather Demen's Bag

Real Ghost Stories

Grandfather Demen's Bag

 

My story took place in La Union, province in Philippines. Me and my relatives gathered in our ancestral house to celebrate my grandfather Demens 1oth death anniversary. This house is big and old; nobody lives there except for an old distant relative who serves as caretaker.

I was 16 then, my guy cousin, leon, 15 and my uncle Lino, 22 were at the veranda talking how old and creepy the house is. The locals considered it haunted because they always see old ladies from the window in second floor (my great grandmother died of childbirth on one of the room, another great grand aunt, committed suicide in one of the bathroom). Because of this, none of us, except for the caretaker dared to go up to the 2nd floor, day or night.

So anyway, the 3 of us got bored and decided to take a look at the 2nd floor, it was about 9pm, we just finished the padasal (prayer for the dead). With only one flashlight we went upstairs, it was really cold upstairs but we did not see any ghost. We went to the farthest room, my grandfather Demens room and opened the cabinet; it was empty except for a small bag. We got curious and opened it, there were old reading glasses, comb, wallet, pack of cigarette and old style gel (pomada).My uncle Lino (grandfather Demens youngest son) dragged us out, his hands were shaking and clammy, so we hurried downstairs. I don't know why but he was really scared.

Once were in the common room, he told our other relative what we saw, and I got the shock of my life when we learned that the luggage in the cabinet actually belonged to grandfather Demen, and that luggage was placed inside his casket. We described the bag, glasses etc. And it was the same things. The caretaker went upstairs to check, but it wasn't there anymore. But the 3 of us swore it was there.

Maybe it was a sign that grandfather Demen was there to celebrate with us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mayah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
Like the other poster said, it's a nice way to validate that your grandfather to celebrate with you guys. But in a way it would be really scare also. I wouldn't have expected that.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
Wow what a great story, definitely confirms as WB mentioned that your Grandfather was there for the celebration also. I would have taken comfort knowing this and the fact you were lucky enough to have witnessed the event.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
I would also agree with you that the bundle was a sign that your Granddad was there for his own ceremony. What a wonderful way to validate that for you all. Tell me. Did the Uncle that dragged you away see it as well?
Wado (Thank you)
amberspirit (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
Nice story. A sign that he was still with you, possibly? I would be comforted by that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: