You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Brotherly Premonitions

Real Ghost Stories

Brotherly Premonitions

 

This story is about two premonitions. I think. I'm not sure whether there is such a thing as a premonition. I'm thinking maybe you kind of Imagine/feel/dream of something and create the energy that materializes. Either way, the experiences were quite disturbing. The whole thing took place about two years ago. I think it was either in late autumn or early spring.

One morning I woke up from having a really bad dream. In my dream I saw all of my family and our friends go on about how my little brother had died. That he had drowned himself. And I was the only "sane" one saying, "What are you talking about? He's not dead. Yeah, he drowned himself but he is not dead. I'll bring him back home so you'll know he's not dead." I saw myself heading towards a little forest. There was a little plain type of thing in the middle of the trees. And there really wasn't that much water to be seen. It looked more like a swamp. Anyway, I kind of drowned myself and went under water. I then appeared in something that looked like an egg shell. It was half filled with water and there was a man in the middle of "the egg" and water. He kind of got a hold of the water and was moving it back and forth in front of him, creating waves. I appeared next to my brother and we were just bobbing in the water. I started to give out to my brother like "What have you done?! Everyone thinks you're dead! You have to come home with me!" And he said he can't because the man wouldn't let him. Then I told the man, "I'm sorry but there has been a mistake. My brother isn't really dead and he doesn't belong here. I'm taking him back home." We got away. Everyone in the family was really pleased and happy that he was okay. And then I woke up. I had a really really strong, kind of bad feeling.

I've had nightmares before but I've kind of shrugged them off. This time I rang my mother to see if my brother was okay. (I lived in a foreign country, away from my family at the time). My mother has never believed in anything like it so she was kind of like laughing and saying he was fine and told me to be calm and that it was just a bad dream.

Then a few days later I had another dream. I saw myself flying home on a plane. I had my mother sitting next to me saying how my brother had been in a car accident. She said he was hurt really bad but was going to pull through. We didn't get to the hospital because when we got off the plane my mother started having an argument with a young woman in the street. When I woke up that morning I had the same bad feeling but I didn't Want to ring my mother again because I didn't want to seem like a mad Person. I had the dream with me all day. Later on that day I asked my manager to go on a little break because I wanted to ring home. I even told my manager that my brother had been in a car accident and I wanted to check on him. I didn't get to go on break and it was too late to ring even later.

The next week I rang home just to catch up on things. My little brother had a lot of problems at the time. He was only about 6 or 7 and he definitely had more problems than someone his age could handle. So my mother started telling me how she doesn't like how he doesn't Trust her.

One day he was messing around with some older boys. They had been throwing stones at one another. That is the reason he didn't tell my mother anything cause he once broke a window throwing stones and got given out to. Anyway, they were messing around on this road that normally is really quiet when it comes to traffic. Then all of a sudden this car appeared at great speed. I don't know how or why but my brother would've been the only one to be run over. Luckily it didn't happen. The social worker from my brother's school drove down to my mother's Work place that day to tell her about the incident face to face. (I'm thinking the social worker could have been the young woman in my dream) So it was quite serious.

My brother was thought to have autism/hyperactivity/ADHD so normally he was really hyper and had trouble sitting still but he was really quiet and withdrawn that day. He must have got a great shock. When my mother told me about it I was in shock myself. I was like, "Oh my god, it's like the dream I had!" And she was like, "Yeah yeah, the one he died in" Then I remembered I never even told my mother about the car accident dream. So I did. We continued talking about my brother and his antics. My mother then remembered a "stupid thing" he had done the previous week. He had gone and walked on an iced-over pond which is located in a grove. Seriously, when she said that I got chills all over my body and tears in my eyes because I was so freaked out!

I cannot remember now but I figured out then that it had been like say I had the first dream about drowning and about two or three days later he went walking on the ice. Then had the dream about car accident and a few days later the car thing happened. The happenings and dreams were all within one week's time.

Then a few weeks later I had yet another dream. That was the most disturbing out of them all. I had the feeling that I had to save the brother from my mother because she was going to kill him. But I was too late to save him. I didn't understand whether my brother had done it himself or if it was my mother's doing but my brother was hanged. After that dream I didn't hesitate for a second. I sent my mother an email and told her to hide all rope type of things in the house and go easy on him when he does something bad or stupid again. Luckily I didn't hear anything that I could associate with the dream from my mother although she said a while after the dream that the brother was suicidal and had been threatening to kill kids in his class.

I hadn't had a dream about my brother before that and I haven't had any dreams like that after the whole thing either. Luckily my brother is doing a lot, a lot better. He's not as angry and tormented as he was.

Other hauntings by Vikstal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vikstal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
I hope that it only gets better for your brother and you or your family do not have to revisit any of these horrors.
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
[at] Logan_sis
Yeah could be like that but I thought it could be something cause as I said I have never had anything like it before or after it. And my brother had a lot of troubles for years and I never had any other dreams.
But yeah I believe in the psychological side of things before anything else. 😉
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
Vikstal, may be we need to look at this story with the same rationale as you would all the stories you read on this site.
I believe in premonitions, but this one I think is not that - as you said your brother was dealing with a lot of hard things at the time and you must have been worried about him, which led to a lot of dreams about him and your family. You feared the worst for him (but am sure you hope for the best) and it materialized in the dreams and it is only natural that anything and everything that happened after it you related to the dream.
Just my thoughts, I am sure you understand as you too take this same route (skeptical) with many stories.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: