You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Grandparent's House 3

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandparent's House 3

 

Since I've only posted stories that happened in the seventies and eighties I figured I should share more recent experiences. One of the stories also marks my first experience.

About seventeen years ago my mom was babysitting my older cousin who was just a baby at the time. My uncle was downstairs sleeping and my dad and the rest of the family were picking up a relative from the airport. My mom started to hear footsteps come up the stairs. My mom waited for the door to the basement to open up but it never did. She originally thought it was my uncle but didn't hear anyone go back downstairs. She stood by the front door until the rest of the family came home about ten minutes later. My mom then asked my uncle if he came up the stairs but he said that he hadn't.

About five years ago I had my first paranormal experience. I was spending the night at my grandparent's house with my cousins and I wasn't really afraid. I had heard of the stories and I believed them but I had spent the night there dozens of times and nothing had ever happened. Before I went to bed I had an eerie feeling and I couldn't get to sleep until an hour later. At about four in the morning I woke up to violin music and a man singing. I became scared, me being a kid and all, and tried to get back to sleep. Then I heard my grandparents get up to use the bathroom. The music stopped and I fell back asleep.

In the morning I told everyone, except my grandparents, what had happened and they didn't believe me. Then my dad came and told him what happened and it turns out he heard the same music when he was a kid. A few months later my dad revealed that my grandparents saw an apparition that same night. It turns out that my grandpa got up to use the restroom and as he turned out of the room there was a lady standing in the hallway. Half-asleep my grandpa thought it was my grandma and moved out of the way. He saw her go into their bedroom and he walked to the bathroom. Then he tried to go in but the door was locked and my grandma was in there. My grandpa darted back to his room and found it empty. If I had kept my eyes open I too probably would have seen the apparition walk past me and then go into the hallway.

This next incident happened about five months ago. My grandparents had dropped a glass tray in the kitchen. They cleaned it up and that was that. Then about five days later my grandma went in the kitchen and felt a sharp pain in her foot. There was a large piece of glass in her foot. The remarkable thing was that it wasn't on the bottom of her foot but on the top. They took her to the hospital and the doctor even said that the only way the glass could've been stuck on the top part was if someone had shoved it in there with a great amount of force. My grandma was the only one in the kitchen when it had happened and my grandpa was all the way at the opposite end of the house. The doctor even said that it could've been a ghost. About two days later my grandpa got up from his chair he was sitting in and found a piece of glass standing straight up right by his foot.

I hope to post more stories soon. Please tell me what you think.

Other hauntings by guy48

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, guy48, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sarahi (6 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
you commet your own stories? Why you don't have no one else to commet your story? J/K Your story was grat one of my FAVORITES!

Please add a green arrow and I will too 😊
guy48 (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
yes paranirmal things still happen but not as often! We know there are more than just one spirit too! Look at my other two stories to hear more!
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Sounds like this female spirit was trying to make some sort of point. This was just pure mean and evil! Your grandparents could have been seriously hurt. Do your grandparents still live in this house? Are there still paranormal experiences in this house?

Please keep us posted.
anne_k92 (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
whoa... It sounds like a violent spirit of an old lady... Have you checked the history of your grandparents house? How many years has they lived there? Perhaps it tried to warned you guys not to disturb the place once is her home... It might be trying to scared off your parents little by little and trying to make they moved perhaps... Try ask for priest blessings or make some communication with her if you like... Did anything happened to your grandparents other than the glass stab on their foot? Please keep posted. God bless, anne.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: