You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Grandparent's House

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandparent's House

 

Ever since my dad was a child unexplained things have happened at my grandparent's house. Unexplained footsteps, talking, music, are just a few of many paranormal activity that has gone on there. Since there are too many stories I will share only a few for now.

Once my aunt was sleeping in what we call the Green Bedroom. It was late at night and was fast asleep when she heard a man call her name. This went on for a little while until it was right next to her ear. She started to say a little prayer and when she was finished the whispers stopped. A few seconds later she heard a loud smash. In the morning she awoke to find her glasses smashed. When she showed them to my grandpa he thought she did it on purpose. About a year later my aunt had moved her room to what we call the Clown Bedroom. She was much older and had put the other experience in the past. She was once again sound asleep when she woke up and couldn't move. She couldn't move anything below her head. She couldn't see anything in the room but could feel two hands holding her down. She once again said a prayer and as she was finished she could move her whole body again. It was then that she realized something evil was in the house.

Before I continue on to more stories I have to say why she might have been attacked by an evil entity. She was attacked both times when she was a teenager and admitted that before she had those experiences she did use an Ouija board in the house. This may not be the reason why the house is haunted because unexplained stuff happened before the use of the board.

Another story is that once it was in the middle of the day and both of my aunts were washing the dishes when they heard footsteps downstairs and people talking. Thinking it was my dad and my two uncles trying to scare them they yelled for them to cut it off because they knew it was them. This went on for a couple of minutes until my grandparents came in. They asked who my aunts were talking to and they said that the boys were trying to scare them. After that my grandparents looked at each other and said that they boys were at the park playing and that they had even seen them as they were coming home.

My last story is one that gives me chills just typing it.

Once my uncle's friend was staying at my grandparent's house for a week and was taking a nap in what we call the Indian Room. He woke up to a typewriter typing. He thought for a minute and realized that the only typewriter was upstairs and kept in the attic. He then saw a man appear in the doorway of the room looking at him. He stared at him for a while then walked away into another room. He then ran as fast as he could upstairs and said that someone was inside the house. Of course they checked every room but found no one in any of the rooms.

We are still not sure why the house is haunted because my grandparents were the second owners and activity was happening even when the original owners were still alive. One of my uncles believes that there is a vortex somewhere in the house and that the spirits come through there. He also believes it could be a poltergeist because most of the activity happens when kids are there. Please comment and tell me what you think.

Other hauntings by guy48

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, guy48, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Athenia (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
It's the Ouija board - you can count on it. Those are not games and should never ever be messed with.
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
My thoughts are as these experiences scared you the ghost hasnt caused any serious harm so basic ask a prayer of deliverance to have the ghost or spirit pass on and rest in peace.

That failing have the house blessed if your really worried. Thank you for the story hope all is well, best wishes.

~Shadead.
Kate_Somerhalder (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
You guys sure you want to continue living there? It seems like the Paranormal Activity. You have to keep your dog. Without her, it's going to be way scary.
joshmc28 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
i don't think it is a poltergeist, the spirit just does it to scare the kids
guy48 (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
Darkness: The reasons for the rooms are because of what the rooms have in them. The green bedroom is all green and the indian room is full of indian stuff. The clown bedroom has a huge picture of a clown in it. When I post more stories about this I will make sure to explain why we call the rooms these names. Thanks for asking!
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
it may be residual from a previous building it may be the land not the house that's haunted or it may be someone with a conection to the house who never owned it good luck hope you find some answers 😊
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
have you checked the history of the house? The land itself could be haunted. 😨
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
guy48: Why where these rooms called these names to begin with? Especially the clown room that's just sounds outright freaky haha. I think there could be something attached and following your Aunt. Would love to hear more about the history of your home.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
I would like to go to this house. The green room, the clown room & the Indian room! Sounds so awesome! LOL! But seriously, have you thought about learning the history of the land? You may find something interesting. Thanx for sharing & I would enjoy reading more stories you post. Bless you & yours & Much love!
~LSD~
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
Yeah kids do attract poltergeist but not all kids I think... 😐 what do you want to do? Cleans the house or you just want to hear what we think? 😊 I don't know about vortex stuff, but if you want to cleans your house, people in this site might help you 😊 do take care, thx for sharing your story...

-Aya is serious:|

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: