You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Grandparents House: Little Girl In The Garden

Real Ghost Stories

Grandparents House: Little Girl In The Garden

 

This story dates to my younger days and occurred in my grandparents' house, located in Mathura, UP. My grandfather bought this old British mess/building in the cantonment area and my mother and her siblings (uncle and aunts) have grown up in the house. There have been multiple incidences of sightings in this house and those will be shared separately at a later time. This incident occurred with me when I was around 11 years old.

The house and the garden was surrounded by white brick wall. My grandmother had a small vegetable garden at the very end of the grounds, separated from the rest of the lawn area by big bushes. This vegetable garden ended with the white brick wall which was around 6 feet tall. The remaining grounds had big trees like neem, peepal and fruit trees and we used to love climbing them.

It was around 6.00 pm and still light outside. My cousins, myself and my sister were playing hide and seek. I was trying to find my cousins and sister. I went out of the house thinking they were hiding behind the bushes. As I was looking, I saw a small girl wearing a white dress and hair tied in a pigtail run towards the back of the garden. I thought it was my sister so I ran after calling her name and telling her I saw her and she was out. But the girl did not stop and kept running towards the vegetable garden. I followed her running trying to catch her. At this point I was getting angry, since she was not stopping. In a few minutes she started walking rather than running and her strides were still bigger than mine and no matter how hard I ran she was always 3 feet ahead of me. Suddenly she stopped in the middle of the cauliflower patch and turned to look towards me. I was very surprised to see that it was not my sister but a much fairer girl. Her skin was white and she looked ill. I asked her who she was and how did she get in because the gates were normally locked to prevent us kids from running out on the road. She pointed at my grandmother's house but did not say anything. At this point my aunt came out and asked me to come inside, I turned to tell her that I will be in a moment. It would have taken me 30 seconds to reply. By the time I turned back and the girl had vanished. I looked for her but I could not find her. She did not pass me to go back towards the house or the remaining ground to hide behind the trees and she couldn't have climbed the big wall. I went inside and told my mom, who told my aunt. My aunt told me that they used to see the girl when they were young too and once had been told by the girl that she wanted to play and that she was sick. They also said that the little girl ghost liked mangoes and would sometimes sit on the mango trees to watch them (my aunt and her siblings play). My mom said they stopped seeing her when they became teenagers.

I got very scared after that and told my mom that I didn't want to see her again. Funny enough, I never did. My younger sister saw her multiple times and even played hide and seek with her. The girl never harmed us or tried to scare us, she was simply there. My sister stopped playing with her and seeing her when she turned 13. My cousins have also acknowledged to see her and play with her while growing up. I have never been back at the house since my grandparents death and I wonder if she is still there and if I take my children there now, will they see her.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nmal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-14)
This is the one of the examples of children being more sensitive to 'this side of the world'.
I see it as a beautiful experience, but sad at the same time, because like others said, it is sad that a child became trapped, without being able to do what kids normally do. I find it beautiful that you, kids, were not afraid of her, I think it was a happy time for her too when you were playing with her and showing her that she can be seen and communicated with.
I don't think it would be a frightening experience for your kids seeing her. I, as achild, I had some encounters which did not scare me at the time but if they were to happen to me now, I'd surely run.
It is beautiful, as well, how she'd been there and making herself present to different generations.
LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-11)
I, too, feel saddened when I hear of children trapped in this in-between place where they are only able to watch and not experience life, never to grow up, have children of their own, or grow old and die.

It sounds like, despite that, she has managed to carve out a bit of fun for herself, playing with the children in the household. But how sad to think of the decades between generations when there are no children with which to play.

If you no longer fear her, I am sure she would be delighted to play with your children now and hopefully they would feel no fear, as well.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-09)
It always saddens me to hear about ghost children (also scarier for some reason). It sounds like she's been haunting that house for a long time. I hope that somebody helps her find her way if they haven't already.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-06)
Hello Nmal and welcome to YGS,

I really enjoyed this story; it is very well written! I am very curious about the little girl and sad to think of her dying in illness. Maybe she is confused about where she is or where she should be.

Between the time when the building was owned by the British and when your grandfather bought it, do you know if it was ever lived in by any other families?

Like Rajine, who commented before me, I also believe that children see many more layers to our physical world. I believe that, as they grow into a routine as teenagers and young adults, they are less likely to see spirits with straightforward vision. I believe that we, as adults, are far more likely to sense things without seeing the proof. I think that sensing has to do with our greater empathy, as adults.

Thank you for sharing this. I am very much looking forward to reading any stories from you in the future!

- Maria
Rajine (14 stories) (741 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-05)
I believe that this spirit of the girl will be around for a while as she had passed on very young and hadn't fully seen and experienced life, children can see what adults cannot in my personal opinion they are closer to God because they are innocent and pure of mind.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-05)
As long as you don't mind your children seeing ghosts, then ask them if they see her. I probably would not tell them anything beforehand because I would not to unduly frighten them. If you are against introducing your children to ghosts - even in the daytime - then please do not do so. The decision lies with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: