You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Grandparents House Sleepover

Real Ghost Stories

Grandparents House Sleepover

 

A few years ago, when I was 15, my parents were out of town and I had to sleep at my grandparents' house. Before bed my grandmother told me to put the potted plant she had in front of the door to the room I was sleeping in. When I asked her why she told me that it was used to hold the door open. So I did what she asked.

Fast forward to about 30 minutes past midnight. I was sleeping and all of a sudden I heard the TV come on. When I opened my eyes everything was the opposite of how it was when I fell asleep. The door was closed and the potted plant was next to the bed, the ceiling fan that I turned on was now off, the TV was on with the volume on the max setting, and every light in the room was on.

Of course, as a 15 year old girl, I was freaked out and ran to my grandparents' room. I told them about what happened and my grandpa came back to the room with me to turn everything off. But when we arrived the potted plant was in front of the door, the TV was off, the ceiling fan was on, and the lights in the room were also off. I was so freaked out by this that I stayed up that entire night and never moved from the bed.

A few months after that, my cousin had to sleep at our grandparents' house. That night, around the same time as it happened to me, he woke up to everything opposite of how he left it. When he went to go to get my grandpa and come show him, everything was turned back the way it was. Neither I nor my cousin have stayed the night at my grandparents' house since then and still no one believes us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Enide98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cloudy (7 stories) (39 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-10)
😆 hahaha! 2nd1st your comment got me laughing, I have been the IT (girl) in similar situations 😆
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
That's all unusual, especially returning things to the way they were before you return. Sounds like mischief afoot. Like a prank I used to play on a colleague who didn't touch type. I would pop out a couple of keys and transpose them with the keys next to them. She would think something was wrong with the keyboard and wander off to get the onsite IT guy. As soon as she was round the corner I word pop them out and switch them back. So all was fine when she came back with the IT guy.

I'm wondering if this is a mischievous spirit essentially playing with you in a good natured way?

How far away was your grandparents room? And how long would pass between leaving the room and returning with your grandfather?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: