You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost From The Graveyard Across The Street

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost From The Graveyard Across The Street

 

I was never one to believe in paranormal activity but after my experience with this 'entity' I am a full-on believer.

It was Christmas Eve-Eve and me, my mom, her two sisters, my sister, and their children all went to the graveyard across the street. My 2 aunts were drunk, badly. So, my aunt was delusional and nuts that night, we were walking and she started just like harrasing this gravestone, kicking, peeing, etc. On it. We tried to stop her but no luck. So, the next day the only people home was me, my sis, and mom. My sis, and I were in the living room watching movies when the lights just started flickering on and off repeatedly. It was odd.

The television didn't budge. We thought it was our mom, but it wasn't. Then when my mom was cooking the turkey, she had out a cutting knife and it slid off the table. Like a foot away and just slid, almost hitting my mom's foot. A couple weeks after, my closet doors slid open, and it takes a lot of effort. My mom feels like a cat pawing on her bed and we know it's not my cat because she is with me. But, the weirdest thing of all is the table shaking, I mean VILOLENTLY shaking. I was the only one in the house when this was happening. Paranormal things happen a lot. The 'cat' still appears in my mom's room, you can see the imprint when there is nothing there. Things are placed in different places, my dog barks at thin air. It's scary and I'm a believer in the paranormal. This entity I believe won't harm us, but, after the knife incident I really don't know what to believe anymore. This is very true and I'm sorry if you don't believe.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LovettSweeney, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

textbud13 (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
Well Merry Chrismas I guess (hope that doesen't offend you) I think you should of had the drinks after the vist but try and make it up to the spirts there because graveyards are there to be respected
lmllr1995 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
The part that caught me attention was the violent shaking of the table, because this exact thing happened to me when I was alone, and it freaked me out too. 😕 Other paranormal things have happened to me, but your story caught my attention. I was skeptical about the whole paranormal thing too until the table shaking (as well as other odd occurences). The only difference is that I have no idea why it would have happened to me.
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-26)
Roseinbloom, back in the day cemeteries were used as public parks, people had picnics there, weddings and all sorts of ceremonies.

I'd advise against cussing out the spirit in a attempt to make it leave. It seems so far it has been reasonable and screaming at it can only aggravate it.

Finally, I'd like to toss my two cents in about his Aunt's behavior; while what she did was disgraceful, I don't really believe it could lead to much of a problem. Once you are dead, you are dead, you leave your body and no longer have any need for it, it's dead meat. Much like the opinion that spirits do not in fact hang around cemeteries, I could only imagine the most stuck up spirit even caring what happens to a old stone in the ground.
LovettSweeney (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-26)
Okay, I will try to add more information.
So, I DID infact appologize but, my thinking is, is that it wants an appology from my aunt, and she lives half-way across the world. No, we weren't going to see someone in the graveyard. Yes, I know it's a weird thing but, sorry that's just my family, and I mean it's not a bad example, you've never met my family so how could you possibly know? I mean the only drunk in my family is my aunt, and we TRY, I mean really try and make her stop but, you can't!
There is nothing wrong with my mother or my other family. I will say it AGAIN! We DID try and stop her, I SWEAR we did! She doesn't remeber anything. Okay? We got all my family issue's clarified? Please, don't blame her actions on me! I swear I wasn't even alittle involved, and everyone else was disgusted too. So, yea, be nice to me I just need some help. No, my aunt has not has experiences at home.

Okay, now here is what I have. In my town (Franklin, TN) we have 'Ghost Tours', personally I've never been on one but, I do have information from the author of the book "Ghosts of Franklin: Tennessee's Most Haunted Town" I read this book but before I tell you. I know the name on the grave, her name was Mrs. Beasley. As the headline SAID! When I read this book something strange, I found. There was infact a Mrs. Beasley, she was VERY violent (etc.) She died a few years after her husband. Her children died as well. So, comon', why wouldn't she be upset? Her house is just a few blocks from mine. I believe she was buried in that graveyard, because it's a very OLD graveyard. So, maybe/maybe it's not her. There. That's all I have! OH! And one more thing... She did have a cat. 😨
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
I am in total agreement with Jennifer40 and was going to say the same thing. I think an apology and flowers will help out. BadJuuJuu also has a good suggestion in leaving flowers in the front for the guardian spirit. It definitely sounds like your aunt "pissed" off someone. I hope these suggestions work for you. It's not right that you and your mom have to experience this activity because of something someone else did.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
Just thinking out loud here...
Has your aunt had any experiences at her home? It seems pretty likely that she made someone very, very angry that night. I'm just curious if something followed her home as well, or if it was perhaps unwilling or unable to go any further than your home.
I've heard many people theorize that all cemetaries have a guardian, a spirit being who looks after the resting places and tries to keep the cemetary peaceful. I think that the being pestering your family is more likely this guardian, than whoever's grave your aunt defiled. The guardian is angry on behalf of his charges. In my opinion, it's him, the guardian, who you must apologize to.
Tell him that you are sorry for the actions of your aunt that night, and as Jennifer40 suggested, lay some fresh flowers at the defiled grave, with an apology to that spirit as well. Maybe place flowers at the cemetary entrance also as a gift to the guardian spirit.
penawarisan (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-21)
Dear Lovett,
Assuming 'an angry' entity from the graveyard followed you home I guess is just one way of looking at the situation. If that's the case... 'the action of your aunt etc... Do show a high degree of non-respect to the death. Like all our friends were saying. Do make an effort to apologize. I am more worried by an instance where the entity is not the one from the graveyard. The graveyard entity know pretty well where its home is... But what if it is not from the graveyard. Have you done something to the house lately... Bought any new things... Any old structure... Wooden... Stone? Try looking into that possibilty too...
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
I have to ask, Were you all there to visit sumone who had passed away? Did she know who this grave belonged to? Maybe before we jump to conclusions, she may have known who was in that grave and had very negative feelings toward that person, enuff so to disrespect it by peeing on it. And maybe this entity took the energy in which your aunt was feeling and used that. Also I'm not to sure about how this works but whatever is doing this in your home could have been created by your aunt. The more negative energy you put out the more negative things you will probably feel. I agree with a lot of these comments by saying bless the house and feed it with as much possitive energy you can. If it really continues to get bad I would even suggest bringing in a priest or pastor or even just someone who really believes in the spirit of the lord:) just an idea I hope it all works out in your favor 😁
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
Dear Friend, Your aunt had insulted a grave which was wrong. We should never insult a grave place as it is the rest place of dead people which include our dear ones who should be respected. I would just like to tell you that you & your aunty try to talk to the spirit it may feel awkward but still try to do it to apologize may be the ghost will leave you & all above have faith in God.
cassyt89 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
I'm not at all surprised if you are being haunted because of your aunts actions. There is no excuse for what she done no matter how drunk she was, its disgusting!
butthead (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
i was going to post what Jen said. Even if your aunt went directly herself and apolagized (if she is not one to look at herself as crazy for doing so) I think that would be a great start.
If not, I guess you can only apolagize on her behalf.
The table shook when you was alone you say? I'm sensing these occourences frighten you, like it would most people.
But I think that you could lower your scared-o-metre level because you already know why these things are happening.
It's not some demon or some evil thing (well it could be evil but I'm an odds person and I'd have to say the odds are it aint) ... But it is some seriously steaming soul.
As for your Aunt, I don't know her I can't make accusations or assumptions, but does she know what happened? And what has been happening since?
I've gotta assume that if she does, she is not only embarressed but also ashamed of what she done.
I would hope so. If she is not ashamed or anything, I think she needs help - at the least with an alcohol problem.

12 years ago I had a 'problem' with alcohol, and there were times that I would have no recolection of what I was doing.
But something that disrespectful, I could not do, even if I don't know what I did the night before. However drunk I would get there was a part of me that knew right from wrong, always.Obviously, I can't say the same for knowing the difference between logic and stupidity.
And to be honest, I can't think of many things that could be much more disrespectful to that of someone else, and someone else's family.
My point there is, look after your aunt, as, if she is not ashamed of what she done, she may have underlining problems in her life that need some sort of professional guidance.

This is the first time I went to say " thanks for sharing " and while about to do so, it doesn't feel right to say thank you for for sharing that... If you know what I mean.
But I know your reasons, and I admire you for your courage to speak of a family member doing something that un-kind.

But still, I wish you the best of luck in removing this spirit, and try not to show it fear, in the least because you know why its there. If it knows you fear it, it will (if it wants to continue what its doing) it will likely find the energy to do so from the very fear that it creates in you. Try not to be scared, you know why its there, and while an apology cannot remove what is done, it is a very very good start if it's spoken from the heart.



Wish you all the best. I also have no idea how I managed to write so much.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
Dear LovettSweeny, I am sorry that your mother and aunts, took their kids to a graveyard on Christmas Eve. I don't mean this to sound mean but, "What were they thinking!" What ever happened to driving around the neighborhood, and looking at all the Christmas lights, and decorations with the kids? Maybe you all could have gone Christmas carroling, and singing the tradional songs of the season.
In any event, what happened, was setting a bad example to all you kids.
I am sorry you are now having to contend with whatever your Aunt stired up by her disrespect of the dead.
Jennifer40 has a very good suggestion, by going to the graves and offering an apology. It's worth a try and maybe it might help to calm these spirits and leave you alone.
I hope it goes away soon and may God bless you and yours. 😊 ❤
ghostreveries (1 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
What your aunt did wasn't right but there is a way to get rid of the entity...it's very harsh though but my mother has done it before.

Open the front door of your house then you begin by telling the entity to leave but swearing. You have to mean it as well, and it's most likely that they will leave.

It's an old belief from where I come from and I've seen it work.
Try it after you try what Jennifer40 said.

I hope this helps and everything turns out okay!
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
That is really horrible what your aunt's did in that cemetery. I wouldn't be surprised if that angered a few spirits. Maybe a staunch apology is in order and then try leaving some flowers on the gravesites that your aunts disrespected. See if that helps.

Jennifer ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: