You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Haunted Church-house

Real Ghost Stories

My Haunted Church-house

 

I just joined this website and I am willing to share my real experience with the paranormal. I live in Jakarta, Indonesia and already moved from house to house several times now. I will share the experience of what happened in three houses which are somewhat similar.

The first house that I am going to talk about has a rather interesting past in my opinion. (I just moved there during the time). It goes as follows, the house used to be an old church in the past. In the church (which is now a house) a pastor hung himself in a well. I found out about this horrible past during a fare-well party. I was leaving my primary school and moving to a secondary school in the same city. Among my friends I have invited was my best friend. In the evening when most guests were leaving, my friend's parents came over and sat in the living room.

While our parents were talking, my best friends dad, (lets call him Henry), experienced some sort of vision. He did not respond to anything we were saying and we got worried. After a while he responded but he seemed different. He turned pale and was shaking all over. We asked him what happened and he said he saw a vision of the house. The living room where they were sitting used to be a large hall with a large well in the middle (where my coffee table was). He said that someone hung themselves in the house. After that incident, my friend's parents were not keen on staying any longer and left. My family did not take that event too seriously.

My houses floor plan is rather odd however. Once you step into the house through the front door, it seems like a large hall. To the far right there are stairs leading downstairs. The area downstairs is where all our rooms were located and upstairs the kitchen and the living room. I and my little brother had a room at the far end of the hall downstairs with a sliding door to the swimming pool. In that room I experienced paranormal activity.

What happened was, late at night I was still reading a book in my bed. (My bed was facing the windows leading to the swimming pool). I was getting ready to sleep when I heard books shifting behind me in the book case. I was petrified because at that time everyone was asleep. I turned around and looked around the room carefully but no-one was there. I turned back and continued getting ready. Then it happened again. But this time a few books fell from the shelf. I got really scared and tried to wake my little brother, but I decided not to since he is not really going to help. I tried to calm myself, but then I heard something by the window. I stayed in my bed but looked around. Then all of a sudden I got this aching feeling on the left side of my chest and I could hardly breathe.

A few days later I gathered up my courage to tell my parents what happened that night. I didn't tell them earlier because they might not believe me. I told them about the incident and guess what... They didn't believe me. I decided to shrug it off. The day after that my mom told me what she had experienced the night before. She told me that when everyone went to bed downstairs, she went to get a cup of water in the kitchen. When she was done getting water she left the kitchen and she saw the television in the living room turn on. She walked up to the television and turned it off again. When she was about to walk downstairs the television turned on again. She got annoyed and turned it off. Then on the screen of the television she saw a reflection of a figure standing behind the sofa. She couldn't really make out who or what it was. Right at that moment she turned around and there was nothing there. She got scared and ran downstairs to her room.

A few weeks passed and nothing out of the ordinary happened until my friend came over to my house. We were inside on the first floor in the computer room playing a game together. My friend needed to go to the toilet so I pointed him to the guest room across to the computer room which had a bathroom. I always had a strange feeling in that room but I didn't take it into consideration.

The moment my friend stepped into the room he saw a figure standing in the bathroom across the room. (Once in the room, on the other side of the room there is another door leading to the bathroom - the door was open). My friend screamed and ran out of the house in fear. I was freaked out as well and followed him out. I asked him what happened and he said he saw a figure standing in the bathroom across the room. I asked him what the figure may look like and he said that the person was tall and was wearing black. After that I was scared to go into the house alone. When my friend was picked up by his driver, I was alone. (In Indonesia many people have maids and drivers helping in the house so you're not always alone). I ran through the side hall outside of the house leading into a hall way where my maids 'lived' in the house and stayed there until my parents came home.

Those are the three main things that happened in the 'first' house. The second house had similar occurrences which in my opinion can't be a coincidence.

Thank You for reading my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mashiro-Kun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Darizuka (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-19)
Well I happen to live in jakarta also
Perhaps someday we can meet up so I can see all these stuff:D

Well its natural for Indonesia to have a lot of paranormal activities...

200,000,000 people cramped into small islands
And with a lot of history which involved bloodshed
Its only natural
Mashiro-Kun (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
JimD,

I was thinking of a poltergeist, it would explain the moving books. But the ghost by the tv didnt. Thanks for the tips, I'll make sure I do that.

DCinAZ,

No problem. That part was really scary, I agree. I've lived in around 3-4 different houses. So there are more stories to come
JimD (431 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
Hi;

It sounds demonic. Dark shadows, fear, chaos, the feelings of being watched - all point to the demonic. Negative events (the suicide) often attract demons, i.e. Likes attract likes. I counsel Catholic Holy water, especially on the beds and at night. Also, saying "Jesus and Mary help me" is most effective, and normally engenders a response. If Catholic, Mass, Communion and confession are great also, as is the Rosary. God bless you and good luck. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
Hello Masiro-Kun and Welcome to YGS 😊 Great story, the part that scared me the most was when your mother saw the mans reflection in the TV screen (yikes!). 😨 It sounds like a pretty scary place to live. I can't wait to read more of your stories about this and the other houses you've lived in. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: