You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The White Figure Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The White Figure Ghost

 

A few years ago, in May 2005, me and a friend were out, still only being young (15-16), we were sitting in a plot of private land. There used to be a house here which was burned down a few years prior to this, the house was supposedly abandoned when it was burned.

It started to rain so we took shelter under a large tree, being lazy we decided we wanted to sit down, however it was muddy. My friend said he knew where a few wooden pallets had been dumped. It was just across the other side of the field over a small broken fence.

So we walked down there and climbed over the fence. As soon as I got over the fence, I wasn't happy, the place felt eerie and uncomfortable, also very cold as opposed to where we had just been. It was quite a wooded area, a grassy hill then leading down into a lot of overgrown bushes and trees where a bunch of wooden pallets lay. We walked down, picked up the pallet and started walking back up the hill, friend in front, me behind him.

We had taken about 5 or 6 steps when my friend turned around to look at me as he said something, and almost instantly, as he looked at me, his gaze was taken away from me and directly past me. He went white as a sheet, dropped the palette, and ran off. Confused, I turned around and, about 10 meters behind me to the left in the trees, there was a white figure. At first I thought it may have been a plastic bag caught in the trees. I looked back to my friend and shouted for him to stop being stupid and help me carry the pallet. I then looked back, however the white figure was now to the right of me and about 4 meters away, and I could clearly see a white smokey figure. I dropped the pallet and ran. I have never gone back to that field ever since. I remember the feeling about the place so well, tingly, cold, uncomfortable, as if you as being watched.

A few days later, we found out that when the house was burned, apparently someone had died in the fire, at this point we hadn't told anyone about what we saw. Also a few people had said where saw this... thing, there used to be a rope swing. Many people had for no apparent reason, let go in mid swing, falling and breaking a wrist, or an arm, most people with just a few cuts and bruises.

But what I ask is, did we see a ghost? Is this why it felt so eerie down there, is this the reason why people were just letting go of this swing? Was this figure the person that died in the fire. Or was it just a figment of my imagination.

We don't speak of that afternoon anymore, every time I think about it, a chill runs through my body, my eyes water, I feel the same feeling I felt that very day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Oly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Tyco360 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-01)
That happened to my friends a couple of times in his back yard he actually went down in the woods by his house and it had red eyes too. We looked for it earlier tonight. We're going back tomorrow too, but this time I'm bringing a night vision camera.
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-28)
i am with TRU1 it is very creepy. I realy do believe you. I would try to find out the history of this place I say it would help you unstand more. I am trying to find out the history of a place myself so far no luckie.
redone1867 (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-26)
I may be able to answer some of your questions. Yes I believe what you saw was a spirit and a mad one too. Most of the time when a spirit has a bad disposition ,shall we say, you will get a very odd feeling, almost like you know not to be there. I wouldn't say it was a figment at all. I'm thinking either an angry child or the mother of a child that used own that swing. Who apparently is saying no get off that it wasn't meant for you. Ghost can harm people if they have the energy to. Maybe they didn't like anyone being on that swing. It could very well be someone who died in the fire or another completely different history took place there. Such as the possibility of someone had fallen off that swing before and died. And just wants to share that with someone. There are many possibilities. And hardly any answers. I agree. Reaserch the area and see what you come up with.
lisa
theTRU1 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-26)
wow that's creepy, mabey you should look more into it and find out what really happend? Look in your local library and see if there are newspaper clippings about this fire and see if anyone was in he house when it went down. Good Luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: