You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Night Of The Taotaomonas Ancient Spirits Of Guam

Real Ghost Stories

The Night Of The Taotaomonas Ancient Spirits Of Guam

 

I live in and old house that is near the jungle. Many Guamanians believe that there are taotaomonas or ancient spirits there.

So down to the real story. I was in my bros room with him while playing video games. I told him that I would be right back. So I went to the other house (we lived in a duplex) to use the other restroom because my dad was using the other one. After I was done my dad called me and asked if I saw something (I could see, hear and talk to ghost because I get it from him) I said no. So he told me to check the back with him because he felt something there then he asked me "do you see anything?" (My dad can't see that much anymore because he closed his "third eye") I said yes he asked what so I said it was a huge man almost 7-8 ft. Tall. My mom came in and said that was a taotaomona because taotaomonas are big I started getting scared because more of them appeared.

Taotaomonas can harm anybody that disturbs them so that night I slept with my brothers and sisters.

The next day my mom went to the housing centre and asked about the history of our house. The woman said that our house was built on top of a war site back when the Spanish attacked Guam. The lady asked why so my mom told her what I saw so she said if anything happens bad then let her know. Well it did on mother's day 2009.

It was 11pm and I saw a lot so my dad said to sprinkle salt around the house because that's what we do in Philippines. So when we were in the middle of the house my dad told someone to turn off the TV in my room nobody went so I did. When I went to turn it off two ghosts chased me and told me to come back. I cried and told my dad he said we had to get out of the house so we did. We tried to look for a hotel to stay in but everywhere we went they would follow me so we went to Lourdes church and stayed there until 4 am.

The next day we went to a priest so he could bless the house and rooms. It wasn't really a priest but when I told him the real story he didn't believe me so when he went to the house and started blessing it his face turned red and wouldn't go to any other room first unless I went. When he was done he said next time he had to bring four more chaplains to our house. That was one scary night and a night I would never forget.

About 2 months later we moved to another house and nothing bad happened to us again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GDKG9820, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

heart1 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
hi I believe you I had the same thing happen to me when I live with my grandam everynice I hear them a child call my name and she was standing there and when I one the light no one was there I seen taotaomonas at my grand house we live in agat behide my grandma house was jungel they laught they throw thing in my room I seen lady,man,children's at my house it only happen at 12:05am 😕 my name is nikki am from guam
cheesecake (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
at gacfan22 no there don't look like zombies people who see and them don't know about the taotaomona think they do because most taotaomona are headless or limbless. But from personal experience they are not to be messed with because I can't really see ghost but I felt the presence of a taotaomona and it was very undescribable. But this story was interesting a real guam ghost story.
Adolphos (62 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
Giants may have actually once lived on Guam island. There's no lack of stories on giants in world mythology, and even bones that are said to not interest science because of their conflict with the chronologies developed by the theory of evolution, which these days is staunchly defended as incontrovertible fact by the orthodox scientists despite copious evidence to the contrary. Anyway, the pacific islands and the Guam island have their own share of giants:

Handbook of Polynesian mythology:
Http://books.google.com/books?id=LOZuirJWXvUC&pg=PA115

A History of Guam: Ch. TALES OF GODS, GHOSTS, AND GIANTS
Http://books.google.com/books?id=bkaLkgHEFvIC&pg=PA44
GDKG9820 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
At surya
Since we live near the jungle my brothers and sisters always yell scream and fight. And in cross country we always run in the jungle many of my teammates scream and yell I tell them to stop some believe me others DOnt so I just keep it to myself. I got many pinches from the taotaomonas but my mom said if it turns purple they like you but if it's red they don't. I don't really if the color of the marks are true though thank you for your advice it means alot
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
http://guam.org.gu/hemplo/taotaomo.html

Thanks Surya, the full story is on this link.
gacfan22 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-10)
I have heard that the taotaomonas sometimes look like zombies, is that true? 😕
Vivacity (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-10)
Wow, I really liked this story. It was really interesting to read about such ancient spirits. I am curios though, how does one close their third eye?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-01-10)
Thank you for sharing an interesting story. Could it be that someone in your family angered these spirits somehow.

The taotaomonas of Guahan are said to roam the jungles and are present around the ancient latte ruins, large basalt and coral boulders and caves, as well as amongst the thick dense hanging roots of the Banyan Trees. If you enter the jungles and disturb the taotaomonas, they may pinch you, leaving red marks or swellings on your body, or they may cause illnesses which are difficult to diagnose by doctors. The only treatment for this sickness is to visit a suruhana (Chamorro female traditional healer) or a suruhano (Chamorro male traditional healer). You may be given herbs or a massage as treatment but almost always you will be instructed to revisit the site where the illness began and ask forgiveness from the "guelotas and guelatas" or ancient grandparents for disturbing a burial site. The mindset of the Chamoru Culture is rooted on respect which is extended to those who have passed on beyond the world of the living. Those who enter the jungle, cave or an unexpected clearing under a large rooted tree without exhibiting proper respect will fall ill.

A little history for the readers.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: