You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ancient Cellar

Real Ghost Stories

Ancient Cellar

 

My name is Angelique. I have just moved into a new home (I think it is around three hundred years old.) It is very large and has four floors. I am not going to waste your time by describing what the whole house looks like, just the cellar as this is where most of the activity happens.

First of all, whenever I am in any of the rooms other than the cellar it feels very cold, even when I have turned the heat on and closed all the windows. The only other people I live with are my two roommates, Seura and Amy, so it's fairly empty around the house. I also feel sometimes like someone or something is watching me. This mostly happens when I am cooking in the kitchen or when I am trying to sleep.

One time when I was having a bath I saw the shower curtain move about a foot in my peripheral vision. I then saw a white mist for about half a second before it vanished, which could have very well been my imagination. I was a bit spooked though.

Now to the cellar. The cellar is fairly small. You enter through a set of double doors and then walk down I think six stairs. The floor is carpeted for some reason. There is a very wide hallway for about two seconds of walking straight and then a big, open area where we haven't placed anything yet except for out boxes. The lighting is very dim because the only source is lanterns on the walls and there are wine racks, which to me makes it feel ancient, as if it was a cellar back in medieval times.

About two days ago I was entering the cellar to retrieve one of my boxes when I swear I felt a hand brush my face. It was cold and very soft, as if a mother were calming her child by brushing her hand against their cheek. I was stunned after that and remained standing in the same spot for about ten seconds. Then I ran upstairs, frightened.

The next time I came downstairs was with one of my roommates, Seura. (Let me tell you now that all three of us very much believe in spirits/ghosts/entities, whatever you wish to call it.) I told her to come down with me because of what happened earlier.

Now, what I am about to tell you is very true, and I know I was not imagining it or dreaming because Seura told me she saw it as well. As I was grabbing one of my boxes, I saw a black shadow hand rest gently over mine, trail up my arm, brush against my cheek, smooth my hair and then disappear. I felt it too. Seura was frozen the whole time. She said she saw it and was too startled to move. I just decided to hurry up and get my box so I lifted it. Seura was beside me and obviously afraid, so she was walking fast. Suddenly it was like we both ran into an invisible wall as about a foot away from us a large wooden block fell from the ceiling. We fell over and after examining it noticed that it was not a part of the ceiling. When we looked up it was intact.

Just today I went back down to the cellar with Seura, Amy and my ouija board. We lit some candles and sat in a circle around the board. We first asked 'Is anyone here.' The pointer immedietly moved to 'yes'.

Amy said it felt like someone was standing beside her and it was scaring her, so we moved a bit away. We then asked 'What is your name.' It said 'Davide.' Let me tell you that it wasn't hesitating in any of its answers.

I assumed it was a man because of its name.

We asked some more questions like 'How old are you'. It said 'centuries'.

It was when we asked 'Why are you here' that it replied 'To protect you'. Right after that all the lanterns and candles went out and we heard quiet, menacing, demonic growl from the corner of the room. Frightened, we left everything there (after moving the pointer to goodbye) and ran upstairs.

I haven't gone back to gather my items, I am too afraid. What should I do?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AngeliqueAmour, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AngeliqueAmour (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
I'll try finding a priest, and I'll do more research on the house, but I'm going on a trip so I may not reply to comments for a while. ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
AngeliqueAmour: This cellar seems rather creepy yet interestingly rich with history no doubt, regards to what was said to you by the ouija board I would seriously not pay to much attention as to what was said by this, they can be seriously misleading and not always to be trusted.
What you did witness physically however seems to be harmless, have you delved into this homes history at all?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Jitow (362 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Naru, no lie, I just read this story and I am the one you mentioned that explained some of how a "familiar" works. If you remember one of their main schemes is to set up the "I saved your life" trick in order to make contact in a positive way and also to engraciate themselves to the victom. AA this is a perfect case of a rare and evil entity. It is not your protector. I am afraid that when you used the board to communicate with it, you may have given it the legal right to be there. The spiritual realm is very legalistic and the dark side uses it to the fullest when most humans are unaware that there is any such law. Basically because God gave us free will to choose to love and follow Him or not to. So if you have not made a loving committment to God and you willingly talk to this thing, God will not override your free will and this thing knows it and will use it against you. You must not talk to it or communicate in any way other than to say "God rebuke in Jesus name"! It may take weeks, months, or even years sometimes but they slowly and methodically attempt to seperate you from all that you love by becoming your guide, counselor, angel. They seem to always have your best interest at heart all the time the victom forgets that this is some spirit that popped up in a wine cellar. It did so because you and your friend outwardly are interested in entities and spirits. It thought you were and easy mark. Rebuke it in the way I said and you can tell whether ist is evil or not but I would bet the farm that it is not good, they never are. Dont do like many have before you and let your curiosity or the uniqueness of it cloud your judgement. Most victoms do not find out that they are bad until it is too late. Goodgle something like my guides turned out to be evil or something like that and you can read hundreds of stories of the lucky ones who figured it out early. Another good resource on "familiars" is in Fr. Malachi Martin's book "Hostage of the Devil". There is a true case of a familiar and exactly how they work and how they are expelled. It is the case called "Jamsie and Uncle Ponto".
Naru_117 (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
This is the second story I have read with a David as a protector I would be wary of it as someone who posted in the other story mentioned it could be a familiar posing as a protector. Id definately agree that a cleansing and a priest if possible would be a wonderful idea.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Use the board, one more time and close the session, otherwise nasty spirits will use the still open session to invade and harass you three.
UntilDark (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
A little question, did Davide's touch feel soothing or calming to you in any way?

I agree with the rest of the users that you should be wary of this entity. You can never be too sure of his intentions.
Thanks for sharing! 😊
AngeliqueAmour (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Scorp2011: You may certainly be right, but when the candles went out I think it might have been whatever was in the corner, not "Davide".
Argette: I don't live anywhere even remotely near where I can get a priest, but I'll look.
Zzsgranny: I've looked up the house, I couldn't find any results but I'll keep looking. ❤
Sie (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
This is old news, but I advise that you never use a Board again. In fact, I recomend that you get rid of it and the candles that were used. Also try smudging/cleansing your cellar.

As far as Demons go, I'll tell you honestly that some are not there to harm you, but to protect. Strange as it may sound, it's true. Some that protect are summoned, others are not, but have connected to those they protect for some reason or another. Trust me, they're reasons are hard to understand. I would be wary of this Davide as it is not likely angelic, but do not put out of your mind that it might actually be protecting you. I'll be posting a story in a couple of days (if this night my suspisions are confermed) that might help to clarify. Do be careful and keep us updated.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
Hi Angelique, I have to say I agree with Scorp2011. I would be very wary of any entity that comes through an Ouija Board, especially how your session ended with the extinguished lights and growling. I would be wary too of accidentally envoking spirits through the Ouija board especially since your house is very old and I'm sure holds much history. Hopefully the activity stays confined to the cellar. Good Luck and keep us posted 😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
Scorp2011:
Http://www.20000-names.com/male_italian_names.htm

Scroll down to #131...I had to google it 😆 😆

Angelique: I'm not surprised at all about the amount of activity in a house that age... Have you done any research on the history of the house?...I'm sure there has to be something, as buildings that old are considered very historically significant and are usually registered with the government or protected to an extent, at least here in the USA...

Interesting acount, please keep us posted

😊
Scorp2011 (18 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
What language adds an "e" to the name David? Frankly, I would not trust an entity that comes through a Ouija board. And this one? It caresses you without your permission, claims to be "centuries old" and there "to protect you" then extinguishes all the lights and growls?
I'd be wary and careful on this one. Good luck.
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
Angelique (my grandmother's name), please get a priest in to try to put this spirit at rest. Please take care and keep us posted. Argette
ParrotPig104 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
Chilling, when Davide said "To protect you" that would definitely have stuck in my mind. Maybe there are other, more dangerous spirits/ghosts/entities in your home. It might have been your guardian angel, I've heard that they only show them selves when the one they protect is in danger. This of course might be incorrect. I know this sounds drastic but if I were you I'd move house. Or at least get a priest to cleanse or something.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: