You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Scary Walk Through Forest/valley In Guam

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Walk Through Forest/valley In Guam

 

I was stationed in Guam on 2 July 2007. I had heard a few things about Guam before I got there and I was excited about getting to live in such a wonderful mysterious place. I made friends with a few locals after I got there and everyone had a story or a true tale to tell about the Taotaomonas (ancient people of Guam). Whenever a person enters a forest, sacred place or religious site they have to ask permission from the land or Taotaomonas that reside there. I was told if you don't speak Chamarro that was ok as long as you asked permission in your language to enter the area.

My family and I decided to take a riverboat tour of the rivers on Guam. It was early afternoon, like 1pm. We saw a lot of fish, frogs, Philippine Deer and wild pigs that live at or near the river. The tour took like 2 hours and in the middle of the tour we visited a Chamorro village that was set-up like they were back 1,000 years ago. Before getting off the boat the tour guide told us that we needed to ask permission to enter the forest and the village so we would not get pinched or scratched. As soon as I got off the boat I felt strange and I did ask permission like 2 times before I set one foot in the forest. The village was like a 1/4 mile hike from the dock.

As I was walking through the forest I felt like someone was watching me, like really watching me as I entered the forest and until I got to the village. I felt like whatever was watching me was really mad! The forest was dark and the temperature was like 86 degrees. At the village they told us about Chamorro history and daily life. We went a different route on the way back to the boat dock and the tour was over. All of us had a story to tell about how it felt entering the forest. My skeptical wife was even a believer of the Taotaomonas after that trip! Please only serious replys and no smart talk. Thanks

Other hauntings by wrh1969

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wrh1969, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MrsRamsay (guest)
+4
3 years ago (2021-06-08)
Thanks for the interesting story. Guam does seem mysterious, especially because it's that island Congress is afraid will tip over one day!

Seriously though, my husband was stationed on Oahu as a Marine when younger, and he said he would have the most amazing feelings as he traveled throughout the island.

Come to find out (when I started doing our ancestry six or so years back) that he's descended from the old kings and queens of Hawaii... Had a NUMBER of them going all the way back in his tree, and even a family legend that the shark is the family's totem. His 6th great grandfather was the 23rd king of Maui and a number of them were on the losing side during the big battle at the Pali cliffs (and went over the cliffs). I feel like his ancestors (and all of ours too) influenced him when he was there. When I told him that his gg grandfather owned most of Waikiki beach and his great grandfather used to sit on his family porch and save the American sailors who would be trying to surf (and got in trouble) he stopped in his tracks. Apparently one day he had an experience in the water (even as a good swimmer) and felt as though someone "assisted" him in getting to shore. I think everywhere is filled with spirit, but exotic places seem so much more... Exotic. Thanks for your story.
wrh1969 (6 stories) (11 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-05-18)
Lady Glow,
Thanks for your comments. You are always helping me to see another side to my stories! Yes everyone on the tour (about 10 of us) experienced similar feelings/things. 😲 I used to live in Hawaii when I was 9-13 years old. I always felt something around when I went to sacred places there as well. I am usually freaking scared of ghosts etc! I would never tell lies (in my stories) just to get attention.
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2021-05-16)
Hi wrh1969

Very interesting and well written experience you had, I've read many stories across different cultures about certain places and how people have to ask permission to the specific guardians or spirits before entering places such as forests etc. I believe that to a certain extent it can be true, in any case it's always good to respect your surroundings, never known who or what one might anger.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2021-05-16)
Hi wrh1969

Thanks for posting this experience. My feedback on this is along the same lines as lady-glow; sometimes we humans can get into a paranoid mind-set and our imaginations can be very powerful tools, both for our own benefit but also to our own detriment.

I wonder had the guide not mentioned you having to repeatedly ask permission to enter the forest so you wouldn't be scratched and pinched, then maybe your experience would have been a positive one?

I feel the guides comments may have put you in a paranoid and defensive mind-set?

Anyway thanks for sharing and I hope my comments weren't seen as "non-serious" and "smart talk"...gee now I'm feeling paranoid and defensive about my posts!

Regards

Mack
seemayadav (1 stories) (26 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-05-16)
Awesome experience
Even I too like to walk in forest like area
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2021-05-15)
Hi wrh1969.

I love nature walks and that tour must have been wonderful, though, in my opinion, the sensation of "being watched" is not enough to prove a paranormal encounter.

Many years ago I visited a natural reserve in the state of Tabasco, Mexico. At some point I felt watched and in danger, I turned around looking for someone and saw nothing but I knew something dangerous was at my back. I turned around again inspecting my surroundings carefully and saw a beautiful, full grown, crouched jaguar ready to pounce on me. Fortunately, at least for me, it was behind an enclosure.

My point is, was it really a Taotaomona who/what was watching you? Or was it something or someone of an earthy nature?

Did any of the other members of the tour experience something other than the sensation of being watched?

I hope you don't find my seeming skepticism offensive, I always like to look for any logical explanations before jumping to the "this is paranormal" conclusion.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: