You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Scarred Memories Of The Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

The Scarred Memories Of The Shadows

 

I have no way to explain my experience other than supernatural.

I was small I can't remember my age but I can remember the shadows. I will never forget the shadows for as long as I live; whether I want to or not. It was summer and I had to go to my grandparents' house to visit. I used to love going to my grandparents' house, before it happened.

It started out as an ordinary night only I was sleeping in the living room that night. I fell asleep for a couple hours then I woke up around 3:00am. I looked over to the boot room and I saw shadows; about three or four of them. Intently I was frightened by them; I have never been more scared in my life and I doubt I will again. I didn't scream because I had a feeling that wouldn't help. I just sat there and looked and them trying to get closer. I wondered why they couldn't get me. I looked around and saw a cross above the boot room and wondered if that had anything to do with it. After staring at the shadows I finally cowered under my blanket and went to sleep.

I spent a week waking up around 3:00am and looking at the shadows. A week and I didn't get used to it; In fact I got more scared every night because they wouldn't go away. I tried telling my grandma about the shadows but she laughed and told me to stop making things up. After that I don't think I ever told anyone else.

A while after seeing the shadows my grandma was diagnosed with cancer and died of it. When I think back to that time I can't help but wonder if the shadows had anything to do with it. My grandpa was also diagnosed with cancer and died. I don't know if the shadows were there or not because I was too scared to stick around at night.

The shadows are my biggest fear; nothing comes close to scaring me as much as the shadows did. Every time I think of them I'm scared I end up losing sleep at night and I have a fear of the because of the memories.

I have a few questions I would like to ask and I'm hoping for some answers.

1. What are the shadows?

2. Could there be any connection with illnesses and the shadows?

3. Why weren't the shadows able to leave the boot room?

Thanks for reading and please if you can try to answer my questions.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Soul_Break, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JimD (431 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
I'm sorrry about the passing of your grandparents. As for sickness, yes, demons can cause it. However, a general rule is that demons can't move an inch without God's permission. This also applies to illness.

The shadows were demons, and 3:00 AM is signnificant because Satan is most active at this hour. It mocks and inverts the hour Jesus died on the Cross, which is traditionally accepted as 3:00 PM.

Why this happened is unknown. It could have been a curse, prior occult practices on the property, etc. Liberal use of Catholic Holy water on the beds, especiallly at night, is a good deterrant. The phrase "Jesus and Mary help me" is also of tremendous help. Any more problems, email me at Dukes2352atAOL.com. God bless you.
Moondefi (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
I am dealing with a very similar thing though instead of them being at my grandparent's they're in my room (yes present tense.) A week ago about 5 people I know-including myself, were in the hospital, and my grandma was also one of the people. Doctors had found a dense spot in her lungs that her personal doctor whom she's been with for most of her life thinks it's cancer. As soon as I heard this I questioned if the shadows could do this and the answer I got was a yes.

By the way I figured out the specific shadows that I feel and see are demons so with how similar our experiences are I'm going to take a guess yours are to. This also would explain the entire cross thing. Although you may hear about some demons who laugh in the face of those they torture but holy water, prayer, crosses, etc. Can help, hopefully to build a barrier between them and you. It does not work in all cases though it seems in you case it does (which is a good thing!) The cross kept them trapped in that space and most importantly from getting to you.

I haven't slept in the past 24 hours because I still feel the shadows there and when my lights are on the memory of them brings me to tears of fear I agree I will never be so afraid of something in my life so I get where your coming from. Maybe if you have more questions or just want to talk since were both on the same road on this one my email is MoonWritedefi [at] yahoo.com I hope you figure out a way to get passed this things even the slightest bit! Good luck.
SplashGhost (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-03)
I am really sorry about your grandparents... You musthave been sad. I am not sure about your first question... But I can tell you about the second and third. The shadows are connected to ilnees very much. I have had experiences with shadows myself. Whenever I am near them, I feel like a knife is passing through my stomach. It also affects my boyfriend, who is a blind psychic. Whenever I feel in pain around the shadows, My boyfriend will be away from school for a couple of days, then he will come to school and tell me about how he felt like he was stabbed with a knife... So I hope that answers question two. The shadows probably weren't able to leave the boot room, because they are connected to that room somehow. Maybe that is where they died, or there favourite place. I hope I have been able to answer your questions properly.
MichelleM (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
The first ghost I saw was a shadow ghost he was nice and never hurt me. Maybe the shadow ghosts you seen were just watching you from a distance maybe they didn't want to frighten you too much. The shadow ghost I saw came right up to me... Ghost are all different even the way they look I have seen white ghost, shadows and even some that don't look like they are dead... I hope this helps
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-22)
who knows what these things are. I just think it is a type of spirit that hasn't manifested itself all the way, or it could be something completely different. Every place I have lived I have seen them every now and then.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
rather ignorant, for an adult to laugh at a child who comes to them, afraid of the supernatural. For anyone to answer those questions, would be speculation. Sometimes the paranormal happens around those close to death... From what I have read.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
I'm really sorry about your grandparent also the shadow well its call shadow people and no its don't cause your grandparent sick so its just made go as please as ghost... Here the links to see what is shadow ->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people and I hope you don't see it again that drive you crazy to see it and thanks for the story. One things I know some parent/grandparent don't believe thier chidl/grandchild telling about Supernaturel stuff.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: