You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Glimpse Of A Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Glimpse Of A Shadow

 

I think I have finally figured out how to start this story. I live in a 3 bedroom town house with just my wife and her cat and my dog. Neither of them will go upstairs by themselves. The cat will sit on the stairs looking down (it's a "U" shape stair case if that makes any sense) but not go all the way up by himself.

Now this last Saturday the 18th, I got home from duty, a 24 hour shift of work on board a ship. Me and my wife were in the bedroom talking for a little bit about our plans for the day and the weekend. I than walked over to the little sink right outside the bathroom, still in the master bedroom. As I was getting my toothbrush out along with the toothpaste still talking to my wife I looked over to my wife and saw a quick shadow move on the wall to my left by the window. It wasn't me because from where it was t I would of had to have a light on. And it couldn't have come from outside as for the curtains were closed and blinds were shut. After the quick maybe half a second of the shadow I saw I asked my wife if she saw the shadow and knowing that from where she was, on the bed she couldn't. She asked me what I saw. So I told her I had just seen a shadow on the wall move really quick. She tried to tell me it was probably from a helicopter that could have flown over head but I know for a fact that the blind were closed and I would have heard the Helicopter flying overhead from the base she did however tell me she has seen similar shadows around the house when it was just her home.

I personally believe it was something Paranormal and you can't convince me otherwise.

Thanks for taking the time to read my story.

Other hauntings by Reggieaz20

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Reggieaz20, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

butthead (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-23)
i have seen shadow people too, if you keep seeing it then it's obviously there, in my opinion.

As for the cat, that sounds like it is looking at some tiny fly/moth/creature type thing on the wall that is high (causing it to look up) and out of reach (causing it to jump/attempt to scratch at thin air, towards it) this is common by my cats for flying bugs etc.

The cat not wanting to go upstairs, that is possibly linked with the shadows you see, I would probably assume.

Thanks for sharing...
Reggieaz20 (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-23)
DC thanks for your input. I haven't thought about the fact they would act up down stairs as well as up stairs. But just to clarify it wasn't really bright in that part of the room it was more a dim lighting if you know what I mean.
I do have a question however. I think I have read some were I can't quite remember were that Shadow People can mean a death is near. I don't know if this is true or not. That is interesting. Just because I had a relative recently pass away and was just thinking about that and wondering if it was at all true if some one can answer that question It would ad to this story I guess.
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-23)
I don't know if I would classify it as a shadow person in this case. Most accounts have them already in the dark and they stand out as being darker than their surroundings. Plus your animals, even from the lower floor, would have raised a ruckus. It's just their nature. I just can't imagine a cat 'playing' with a shadowperson.
Oh well, I could be wrong, but that's my guess anyway. 😊
Reggieaz20 (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-21)
I just thought of this not really having to do with the shadows but still weird activity for my Wife's Cat, It has been looking intently like it is stalking something hi on the walls. And even trying to attack the walls like in a way like it is playing with something that isn't there. I never do see if there is a shadow there or not, but I feel that there is something going on in my house paranormal.
Reggieaz20 (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
Thank you for the comments and tak9ing the time to read my story. And this is the first time I have noticed something like that. I although I have just gotten home from a 7 month deployment last month. And my wife has seen the shadow a few times before according to her always passing it off as a plane or a helo that could of flown over head. But I personally believe it to be something paranormal and something harmless since my wife and I have lived there for a year and a half now and nothing major has happened.
markj7 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
I know the first time my wife and I saw a shadow in our currant house we were surprised and did not want to acknowledge the fact. I would keep a journal of activity and see if a pattern occurs. Has there been any other activilty besides this shadow and the animals being scared? Good luck with the experiences.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
These type of experiences are quite textbook, seems like you witnessed a shadow person nothing to be afraid of although there are some who will disagree with me. Was this the only time you have seen or experienced things like this? If it is there is a good possibility that it was just passing through perhaps. Keep us updated.

Thanks for sharing

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: