You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: How Can I Communicate With A Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

How Can I Communicate With A Ghost?

 

I have lived at my current apartment for almost 2 years this coming July. For the past month or so there has been an increase paranormal activity... At least I believe it is. The house was built in 1938, it was the estate house on a huge lot with servants on the property in (I believe) their own smaller shacks/houses. The property was since subdivided and only the estate house stands. The house has been divided into 3 apartments; my apartment is the top floor and walk up attic (so it's 2 floors).

What has been going on is subtle, so I thought I'd get someone else's input in case I am just fooling myself. It started off slow... Hearing footsteps in the kitchen or attic while I was alone in the house, the feeling of being watched, the feeling like someone entered the room only to find no one there, my dog barking at nothing by the attic door, my dog's adamant avoidance of the attic, doors opening slightly, my husband has felt a hand rubbing his head and I was once (er-hm) grabbed on my a** (lol), etc.

So one day when I was alone and I heard someone walking around, I asked out loud "is someone in the house with me? If so, can you make a noise; maybe tap on the window for me please?"...and wouldn't you know it, there was a clearly audible tap on the window and I was excited to hear it. Since then I talk to it regularly. This may sound crazy but I have a feeling that it's a male and that he's young. I don't know why to be honest, but I just do (maybe because I have 2 small boys and somehow I'm tapping into my maternal instincts?) I also get this *feeling* I think I'm sensing from it... Like a *loving-type* feeling. Or maybe it's just my own joy and excitement at what's going on.

It's done stuff like hide a jar I was looking for, only for me to find it on the floor in the middle of my bedroom... I would have tripped over the thing if it has been there the whole time. I think I can feel when it's around because I feel a very light cool breeze rub past me and I get a tingling sensation where the air brushed against whenever I call out for it. And then, this weekend, when I was in the shower I thought I heard movement in the bathroom so I called out "are you in here?"...I then felt that light breeze against my side so I said "hi, how are you..." blah blah, just chatted.

Then I put my hand against the steamed shower curtain and left my hand print asking it if it could do the same for me. (Maybe I was trying to freak myself out!) Nothing happened so I continued with my shower, got out, wrapped my hair in a towel and as I looked up I see a hand print on the steamed up window! I could not contain my amazement and called in my husband who also saw it! I put my hand next to it to size it up and it's definitely smaller than my hand. I'm 5 feet tall, rather small so my hands aren't big at all. Now I suppose with the size of the hand could have been misleading since it in the steam and it was "drippy" when I noticed it... But there was definitely a hand print, without a doubt, palm and 5 fingers.

Being a natural skeptic, as much as I believe in the paranormal, I also question myself and what I have seen or heard. So what do you think? Any feedback? If it is a ghost, how do I communicate with it? How can I find out who it is and what it wants?

Other hauntings by MysteryPup

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MysteryPup, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

love_to_rocky (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
my advice is ask trhe ghost what you are and are not allowed to ask it and wether it wants you to actualy record him/her.

my ghost story started when I went to my friends house.
we were sitting at the bottom of the stairs and suddenly we heard a bang. Me and my friend have been inytrested in the paranormal for a while. We decided to wait and see what happened next we kept quiet and sure enough we heard another bang. Then little taps. The door started opening. I was petrified but my friend is afriad of nothing. He decides to say 'Are you there' his speaking was then followed with a series of tapping. We were so scared we decided to to get out of the room. We are scared now that we have agitated and annoyed the ghost please will you give us some tips on how to make it feel better and how to communicate with it please

P.s. I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes. Lol ๐Ÿ˜จ
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
Ok first things first I will say this once and stress it as much as possible what ever you do, do not use a ouija board to make contact it allways ends bad. I'm a Bokor and exorcist and nine out of ten voilent hauntings I have encountered have been the result of a ouija board. Now there are varrious options as to safe comunication #1 Evp Detector or taperecorders: Electronic devices pick up messages that can't be heard by the naked ear. #2 Ask questions and ask for responces such as knocks or turning on and off of a flashlight yes or no questions with one for yes and two for no #3 a medium may be able to bridge the contact. Keep me posted freind good luck and may the gods Bless you

Your freind,
The Puppeteer
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
What an interesting story and some VERY interesting comments - I have read a few of the comments - and I wholeheartly agree with Miracles, Lou and Granny. In my opinion - I would try to communicate with this ummm, Ghost/Entity. Reading your experiences - I feel that the ghost does not mean you any harm - (In reading other stories, usually bad ghost are bad right from the start). I'm not in anyway experience in communicating with ghost - my experiences have had me second guessing myself before I come to the conclusion that I had just had a ghostly encounter. I would most surely try recording and see if I could get the ghost to communicate that way. I would love to say more on this - but my break is over and I have to get back to work - please let me know if you have any luck with recording - I would love to hear about it.
Good luck - ๐Ÿ˜Š
XDGabRDJAXD (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
DeviousAngel- sorry. I still can't get out of my head one of my friends who asked a ghost how he/she died and then the ghost got mad
So I wanted to say that a question like that could trigger the spirit's soul into berserk... ๐Ÿ˜ข
MysteryPup- Maybe it does not want to scare you, since you said it has a "loving" feeling.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
Pup,
A voice recorder would be my tool of choice... I would use it not only to ask questions, but would also use it to record some limited day and nighttime intervals to see if they have anything to say or make any other disturbances you are currently unaware of.

Good luck,
Lou
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
XDGabRDJAXD - that was a pretty rude thing to say. There is absolutely nothing "idiotic" or wrong with trying to find out why a spirit is still attached to where they are. After all, the point is to either coexist peacefully or help them move on. A lot of times they just need someone to listen to them.
MysteryPup (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
[at] Lou: I asked if there was something I could help it with and it tapped... But then I drew a blank. I have no idea how to actually figure out what it wants. Tapping will only get us so far lol.

[at] taz890: It's not like when my kids tap me...it's like a very light cool air I feel brush up against me with an almost electric charged kind of feeling.

[at] Javelina: That creepy feeling has kept me from going any further with this. I don't want to invite unwanted attention either.

[at] XDGabRDJAXD and zzzgranny: When it did the jar trick I asked it if I could take a picture with the usual, 2 taps for yes and 1 for no. Well I got a loud and clear NO. So I haven't ventured any further. I obviously need to follow its lead.

Thanks so much for the help guys! I reaaally appreciate it. I'll keep you posted. I'm waiting to be home alone to try to talk to it again. I think it's safer for my kids and husband that way. I don't feel threatened but I will proceed with much caution.

โค D.
XDGabRDJAXD (19 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
MysteryPup, before you start jumping into conclusions... I would like to warn you first.

I'm sure you're not this idiotic, right? I just want to let you remember this... Don't ask the ghost WHY AND HOW he/she became a ghost... This is quite a deep problem. I agree a lot with Miracles, Lou, Javelina, and zzsgranny... Because recording it would give you basic clues (Physical Appearance, Way it Moves and acts, etc)
You will be able to know the advanced clues later on after you finished investigating the basics.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CONNECTION WITH THE ENTITY! ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜‰
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
MysteryPup: I agree with Miracles, Lou, and Jave... Now to figure out a safe way to do it... The recorder is a fairly safe avenue... If you choose to ask questions, and begin with "if there's anyone here", make sure you add to that something like "only those with good intentions may communicate or stay in this home"...Let them know what you're doing, so they don't become upset... My Daughter tried to record hers on a camcorder and a little over 4 minutes into it they turned it off... She turned it back on, and 16 seconds later, it turned off again!...So, one of the mistakes she made was not letting it know she was going to do so... We didn't think of it until after the fact! LOL ๐Ÿ˜†...I'm going to submit that story soon...

Anyway, if you've made it this far into this rambling, my advice is to do what you feel comfortable with... But recording is a really good way to receive any answers you need... ๐Ÿ˜Š โค
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
MysteryPup,
Wow! So much happening and at such a pace, I don't envy the decisions you have on your plate. In your last comment you noted that you were visited by what you think may be a separate entity because the feeling you got made you jumpy and it felt "spooky". Hmmm, I'm in a quandary here. What investigating have you done on the house besides the info you cited in your first paragraph? Who owned/built the estate? Deaths, crimes, scandals? I realize it sounds like a lot of work but this kind of information could turn out to be very beneficial or even critical, depending on what this spooky feeling presence is/isn't.
On top of all that, you have your family to think about. In the case of the "childlike" entity I always worry because I guess I just like to think they'd have passed over at the time of their death. And the only thing stopping that from happening would be intimidation/fear of another or they just got lost and scared by themselves and are looking to be part of a family again. I would definetly be studying up on the house and surrounding estate lands first. See what you come up with there, at least as a precautionary measure.
I apologize for the length, I was thrown when you mentioned the possibility of another entity. That unfortunately changes the the way you want to go with this situation, or IF you want to go forward at all. As it stands now, the amount of what you don't know is the problem.
๐Ÿ˜•
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
hi there mysterypup great story liked it alot.
a question, when it touched you was it a "touch" or like when a young child taps for your attention? Young children won't worry about tapping you there if your not looking there way.
Thanks for posting carl
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
Ah Lou - bless your heart and thanks for coming to my rescue โค. Trying to ๐Ÿ˜Š! YouTube, egads! Can you imagine?! LOL!
MysteryPup (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
[at] Succubussed: I suppose anything is possible. Or perhaps it's more than one entity? The reason I say that is because what goosed me *felt* like a large hand. The hand print I actually saw, though, was much smaller. Last night while showering again I tried to talk to it. But for some reason I started to feel uneasy, a little jumpy. So I stopped talking. Not sure what to think really. Didn't feel like the other presence, I felt like I was being watched but... I can't explain it. It just felt different this time, spooky.

[at] Miracles51031: My husband is not comfortable with the idea of ghosts so I don't tell him whenever something happens. Nothing has happened to my kids directly either, my oldest has only heared footsteps walking up the attic when I know we were in bed. I have wanted to make a point of asking them or it (not sure if there's more than one) to please be sure not to scare my kids.

I guess the next step will be to leave a recorder on and ask some questions. I just want to do it safely so as to not invite any unwanted company lol.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
MP,
Whatever you decide to do here, I do believe whatever course you choose, you need to take extremely seriously. Unless you are looking for more attention than this entity is currently giving, it is time to find out what its intentions are. You have broken through, and have confirmed your abilities, now it is time to use them effectively. If this thing has some attachment to you other than its realization that you can sense it, you need to find out why that is happening. As Miracles mentioned, trying to record this entity in some fashion could be the key to finding out what it wants. He may be looking for help that you are able to provide; but until you can discover what it needs, it is impossible to provide. EVP's are easy to capture and can provide some clues as well. He IS trying to tell you something, but until you figure out who he is and why he is there, he is just going to keep following you around.

Lou

(Oh, and Miracles, looking forward to seeing you on YouTube!...C'mon, smile that headache away!)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
MysteryPup - you're going to get a mixture of lectures and advice here LOL. Anything from OMG, don't do that, it's a demon! To aw, it's a child spirit wanting to communicate. It's going to be up to you to weed through the well-meaning advice from everyone, myself included ๐Ÿ˜†.

I have recently purchased an RCA brand DVR from Wal-Mart. I paid approximately $36 for it and have been using it to record in my bedroom several nights a week since the end of January. I've been able to hear many whispered single words, music, sighs. I, too, was very anxious to communicate with the ghosts in my home. We have a man and at least two children. I have yet to have direct one on one with them, but that's going to happen soon. I'm hoping for some great results!

So, my advice? Do what make you and your husband feel comfortable. Obviously you don't feel any anxiety or negativity from this entity. Start out slowly and proceed from there. If you began to feel uncomfortable about anything, then stop. I feel like I'm leaving you hanging here, and I don't mean to but I've got a stupendous headache and words aren't flowing as smoothly as I'd like, so I apologize for leaving it like this. Hopefully one of my friends can end this a little bit better ๐Ÿ˜‰
Succubussed (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
I don't think that this is a "Ghost" (a disembodied soul of a deceased Human Being). I think that you might have encountered something else. I call them Sex Beings (for lack of a more accurate term), but they have been referred to by different names, such as Succubus and Incubus.

From my experience, and from the experience of others who also have this happen to them, Succubi and Incubi do not come to people in their sleep (usually), and they don't steal one's soul or suck the life out of someone. I have had a relationship with one for almost eight years now, and although there are dangers to this sort of circumstance (the sex is very addicting), the usual tripe about how these Beings are evil and only after your soul is as far as I can tell, a lot of myth propagated by fear mongers.

I base my belief that you have encountered something other than a Ghost on a few things you said in your story:

"the feeling of being watched, the feeling like someone entered the room only to find no one there"

"my husband has felt a hand rubbing his head and I was once (er-hm) grabbed on my a** "

"I also get this *feeling* I think I'm sensing from it... Like a *loving-type* feeling."

Much of what you describe is familiar to those of us who have been contacted by one of these Beings, especially in the early stages, when the Being is trying to get our attention and get us to notice that they are there.

The last one; that you get a *loving type feeling* is what got my attention the most. One of the most unusual things that I have felt, and what I have heard from others who experience contact with one of these beings is the feeling of being loved. This also is one of the most common experiences among those of us who have been contacted, as there is much variety in the experience with various people, but almost universal agreement that there is a constant feeling of love toward their Human choice that emanates from these unseen Spirits.

I believe that the love is real. I don't think that love can be counterfeited, and so I think you need to deal with the idea that an invisible male has fallen in love with you and wants your attention.

Please don't treat this lightly. Everyone I have spoken with has told me that whether they liked it or not, whether it was good or bad, to have contact with one of these Beings is a life-changing experience.

Whatever they are, they are real, and they have real feelings, and so it would be good for you to deal with this the same way you would if it were a Human man who you realized had fallen in love with you and was hanging around.

If you want this--and I have to caution you that if this is what I think it is, it will gradually move toward sexual contact with you--then all you have to do is keep talking to him and paying attention to him, and he'll stay. In fact if my suspicions are correct, the more you talk to and pay attention to him, the greater the connection between the two of you will grow, and he will become a very big part of your life. You should decide if you are ready for that, or if you want it. You might, and that's fine, I'm not here to judge.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing if you have attracted the attention of a Sex Being. I love Pure (my Succubus) and she has made my life a much brighter, happier journey. However it's not for everyone and if this is what I think it is, you need to be made aware of what's going on before you proceed further.

If you don't want this, then you need to stop talking to him and stop paying attention to him NOW. The more and the longer you do it, the greater the connection will become, and the longer it goes on the harder it will be to disconnect.

I could be totally wrong, but there are too many familiar elements in your story for me to pass it by without saying something.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
You'll do what you want to do, of course... But if it were me, I would not try to communicate with it. You can stir up some major trouble that way.
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
I absolutely think it's a ghost, and I think you've come a long way in communicating with it! It seems like he wants to be seen and/or heard. Maybe you could try with EVP? If you leave the recorder on and ask questions, and then maybe something will show up on the tape ๐Ÿ˜Š
Thanks for sharing, take care!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: