You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Visits

Real Ghost Stories

Visits

 

Ever since I was about 8 or 9 I remember experiencing strange events and feeling like I was different because of them; other kids didn't have these things happen to them, or see the things I saw. My first recollection of something *odd* was waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of my mother crying. I looked over to my right; standing in the doorway was my mom. Only, she was see through, and was crying and holding a huge wooden rosary that we owned, and just looking at me, shaking her head right to left and slowly falling to the ground. This continued until she was in a sitting position on the floor and then she disappeared. I remember looking away, rubbing my eyes, literally pinching myself thinking I was dreaming. But *it* disappeared when it was good and ready. After that, things became more intense. I would have instances of sleep paralysis and there would be a ghostly woman/figure (banshee?) screaming at me and trying to grab me or attack me. I could barely move, but sometimes I managed to fight back. Every morning after I would wake up with bruises in the shape of a hand and finger prints on my arm or legs. During that time I was also having a recurring dream that I was looking out my bedroom window and God (represented by my dad) and the devil were fighting for my soul. I could see the shadows of 2 figures hitting and struggling. I remember this dream like it was yesterday, so vivid, and I was so scared that God (my dad) would lose because I wasn't sure what would happen to me... But I knew it wasn't good. This continued for years.

At 15 we moved to the suburbs from the city and something else started happening. The move itself had me out of sorts. I don't like change and I developed some minor OCD I guess from the stress of it all. I soon started waking up in the middle of the night and seeing a shadow standing in the corner of my room, staring at me. Slowly he would start to move closer and I would panic and start to pray the Lord's Prayer. He would back off and finally disappear. This started as a monthly occurrence and quickly progressed to weekly, then nightly visits. Every so often, I'd wake up with him already standing beside my bed. Finally, scared it would happen again; I went to bed with the lights ON.

What happened that night, I still can't explain. I went to bed not in my usual position because I couldn't sleep well. I hadn't been sleeping well and my tossing and turning landed me with my head where my feel usually are, and facing the wall. I woke up, as usual, and felt the presence in the room. Only, since the lights were on, I didn't want to open my eyes because I'd see for sure what *it* was this time. So I just laid there. Then I felt something sit on my bed. My mattress was really soft so my entire body moved with the new weight on the bed... And so my eyes shot wide open. I was still facing the wall. I honestly tried to convince myself it was my imagination and that maybe it was my mom or dad sitting on my bed. So I rolled over to see who it was. What I saw had the general shape of a person, only inside out. I could see raw or burned flesh, and a growl forming on its face. It was leaned in real close, like it was studying me, and I could feel its breath on my face. I stared for what seemed like an eternity. Finally, I screamed. As loud as I could, and shut my eyes, and threw the covers over me. I felt the weight suddenly off my bed and I opened my eyes again. It was gone. And I ran out of my room and to my parent's room on the first floor. I was hysterical. I slept on their floor that night. The next day my mother got holy water and blessed the house, starting with my room. I never saw that thing again. And I stopped having those dreams a long time ago as well. I still feel a presence at times, when I'm alone, but nothing like what I felt all those years ago.

Could anyone explain to me what that could have been?

Any theories?

That part of my history has always fascinated me, but I haven't any ideas why something would be interested in me in the first place, and then why it went away?

As a kid, I was much more in tune with spirits and angels and I communicated directly with God often and very easily at that. I remember feeling a very close relationship with God; I felt I knew him... Like I had met him before and we were close friends... If that makes any sense. I didn't feel that closeness for some years due to different things in my life and just a general "drifting apart".

I am now trying to fix that and reconnect and pray on a much more regular basis. Could my relationship with God have had something to do with its interest in me back then?

Other hauntings by MysteryPup

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MysteryPup, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jitow (362 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
You may very well have had a direct line to God or angels of God when you were a young child. Young children who are not mentally or spiritually mature enough to totally understand right from wrong are under the watchcare of God. Children that tragically pass away before this time are taken straight to Heaven. Now once you reach a maturity of accountability and you know when you are committing wrongs against God's were you become accountable yourself and your direct communication line is broken by your sin. This is why Christ died on the Cross for us. The only way that anyone can reach God after they become mature enough to fully understand, is through Jesus Christ. God cannot and will not look upon sin. Our sins are cleansed by claiming Christ's sacrifice as ours and once you ask God to forgive you in Jesus name, all your wrong doings are forgotten and your communication line to God through Christ Jesus is just like it was when you were a very small child. That is why people pray "in Jesus name". It is His sacrifice that makes us sin free. We are all human and by the next day you will have sinned somehow again and that is when God's infinate grace kicks in, He allows you to ask for forgiveness again and you are forgiven. He also tells us that we must repent of our sins and that simply means that when we do something unpleasing to God we are not only to ask for forgiveness but we are to do our very best to turn from that sin and not do it again. If you want this to stop, the next prayer is to ask Jesus to send His Holy Spirit to live in you and to forgive you far all the sin that you have committed and you not only open up communication to God but you are assured of eternity in Heaven when your physical body dies or He returns whichever comes first. OK, about your problem. Next time you feel this experience come on or wake up and see this thing simply say "Jesus rebuke you" or "the blood of Christ Rebuke you". Jesus name is the name above all names. This thing cannot remain there when His name is mentioned. If you cannot talk just say it outloud in your head, it works just as good. Do this right away and see how fast this stuff ends. Do it and come back and tell everyone what happened and you could help many many people in the same situation, it may be one of God's purposes for your life. God Bless and I will pray for you.
TheOne444 (2 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-03-12)
Play the WORD OF GOD IN YOUR HOME THE KING JAMES VERSIONS. That sends all spirits to where they are suppose to go. Someone may have the whole thing on a dvd or cd. I know I have know works every time. I love Jesus
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-11)
This is quite an interesting story. I don't have any words of wisdom or insight for you but if I were in your situation I would do research. I believe that when we educate ourselves with the people of the places that we have encounters in we can better understand what we can do or what is expected of us during that time. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊
XxBarbieDollxX (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
Wow, what an interesting story. Well I think you had some sort of an evil spirit living in your bedroom. And it was trying to scare you.
MysteryPup (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-08)
[at] Lilady4: I was Catholic. Well, I am Catholic still I suppose since I have never converted to another faith. I went to Sunday school, was baptized and did my communion and confirmation. But I was never devout. I didn't go to Church every Sunday. I always (since I was little) held the belief that I didn't need to worship in a certain place for it to count. I didn't like the tone of the sermons. Even as I kid I felt that there was way too much judgement coming from the church (well my church, I don't want to offend anyone). I was just always comfortable with my own little relationship with God. I grew up being told God was someone/something that will help you when things are bad, and someone to thank when things are good. He is my Father.

[at] DARKNESS: Thanks for reading ❤ I thought the same thing, even back then. When it was happening (the nightly visits, not the grand finale, as it were lol) I remember smelling sulfer. Perhaps it was my mind playing tricks on me because I had always heard there was an association between the smell of sulfer and the devil/hell. Who knows though. It's such a big world, it could have been anything.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
MysteryPup: Quite a frightning experience from what you have mentioned. This seems like either a human spirit that has died a very unfortunate death possibly by fire and perhaps may not know that they have died, or something differant all together taking on a form to scare the crap out of you. I think you may have been targeted by something because of your love of god if this is the case it would not have been a human spirit targeting you, more like dark negative spirits, hate to see it but maybe a demon perhaps? I'm glad that was the only really terrifying thing you really witnessed.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
Well, that's a very interesting story. I also feel a very special relationship with God. May I ask what faith you held?-Catholic, Spiritualism, Protestant, Baptist, etc?. I myself am a Spiritualist. God can help you, but I don't necessarily think that the entity haunted you because you didn't hold a special connection to God. Email me if you are more comfortable.
Love & Light, Rachel:)
MysteryPup (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
[at] Javelina: I went to the site you suggested but according to their posting guidelines it says not to post stories about ghosts 😕

[at] Paige123: That's interesting. Did you mean *haunting* or *hunting*? I really hope it isn't the latter lol

[at] aiafaith1: I didn't at first! But I convinced myself that it was all my imagination and that nothing could possibly be sitting there... Boy was I wrong!
Paige123 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-05)
This sounds very real and scary I have been reasrching ghost fallen angels etc. And I think you have a real ghost hunting you or a fallen angel protecting you. If you need more info plese contact me. 😲
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
Hello MysteryPup,
I wish I knew the answer to your questions. I really want to help you so I'm putting a link here for you to one of the sister sites. It's the same as this one but it's geared more toward spiritual experiences. I really believe that you will receive more of the kind of help you're looking for there. And I know they would love your story too. Just try it out and see what you think. You may be pleasantly surprised at what you find. And the members are very helpful.

<a href="http://www.spiritual-experiences.com/">Spiritual Experiences and Spirituality</a>

Thank you for sharing your story. 😊 ❤
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
That is a very scary experience, I would have not had the guts to roll over and seen that thing staring at me! You are very brave! I hope nothing like that ever bothers you again!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: