You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The House With A Million Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

The House With A Million Eyes

 

This experience happened many years ago, and may be unbelievable to some, but I can assure you that what happened within this house was a true experience of mine and other family members. While living there, it was like something straight out of a horror movie, but far worse. This was real and there was no escape from it, since it was the horror house we all had to return to at the end of the day. However, I may have to break this up into smaller parts to spare anyone from reading a long account. I don't tell people I know, even those I am close to, and anything about the paranormal side of this house. Anyway, here we go.

I was still just a little girl when my mom and my stepdad got married and decided to move to the east coast. My stepdad's job was in New York City, but my mom (who had always lived in the country) decided it would be better for us if we avoided the quick-paced urban hustle and bustle. So they began their house-hunting search in the forested rolling hills of Pennsylvania. They searched through countless houses, but eventually my mom's heart was set on just one.

It had been deserted for years, until now. They both loved it, but for some reason unknown to me, I detested it from the beginning and desperately tried to convince them to keep searching. It just had a weird feeling to it, like something wasn't 'right' about it. In fact, it felt very, very wrong. Every time I walked alone into the empty house, I'd get that prickly feeling on the back of my neck and every minute hair on my body stood on end. My mom thought my uneasiness was due to me getting used to her new husband, but I assured her it was the house. Of course, she didn't believe me and this caused an increasing rift between me and her. In her world, her house was perfect.

Things started slowly at first. Things progressed from the house making me feel as if I wasn't welcome, to the feeling of constantly being watched with a piercing gaze by something unseen. Wherever I went it felt like I was surrounded by things lurking in the corners. There was no relief from that sensation since it followed me everywhere. My adrenaline often caused me to leap out of my skin after I'd open doors, because there would be the startling sensation that something was waiting behind it.

Strangely, I couldn't physically see it but every cell in my body knew something was there right in front of me. It felt horrifyingly menacing. I could always feel the very real threat of it around me, as if it were a snarling dog standing with teeth bared. Over time the black shadows began to appear, even during the day. There were many of them. Out of the corner of my eye I could always see them watching and moving around. I'd get that feeling of being watched, so I'd turn my head to look and see black masses slowly fading away.

I should mention that my brother only lived with us for less than year. The tensions between my brother, my mom, and my stepdad grew to be so intense that after only several months my mom made my brother move across the country to live with my dad. I asked him if he'd ever noticed anything strange about the house. He told me that sometimes at night he'd have nightmares and wake up to the sound of growling within his room. I guess that explains why my brother always stayed up at night with the lights on. I know he stayed up because several times I'd wake up to the sound of dishes moving around, cupboards opening and closing, and the sink turning off and on late at night. To investigate, I'd often check on my brother and always see his bedroom light on. So I dismissed the kitchen ruckus as my brother getting a late night snack or something.

But it wasn't my brother. After he moved out, I'd still wake up to hearing sounds coming from the kitchen. The sink would repeatedly turn on and off. Cupboards slammed. Dishes moved around and even sometimes I'd hear them shattering on the tile floor. Some nights my mom would come into my room and yell at me for not being in bed. She never believed me, even though every night of every week I was always in bed. I was waaaay too terrified to investigate the sounds anymore, since I now undoubtedly knew it couldn't have been my brother.

After he left, it was like the floodgates had been released. He had been the lucky one, because he got the chance to leave. I was suddenly alone. My parents didn't believe me about the house and every time I tried to convince them that something horribly wrong was happening inside of it, it only created a greater rift between us. This really was only the beginning. I blame what was in the house for pushing my brother away... And for almost everything else that happened thereafter.

However, my mother eventually believed.

Other hauntings by 22aya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 22aya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

virulentpeach (12 stories) (40 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-02-07)
This story is absolutely chilling to me. Very similar to my experiences in an apartment I stayed in when I was in college. By any chance do you have any photos of this house? I have tried reconstructing an image of it in my mind and would love to see if it is similar to what I envision. Is your family still there or did they finally get sick of the haunting?
XDGabRDJAXD (19 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
What's the title of the second part? I want to know more about this intriguing story! Geez, aya22. I could sense something saying that what you're saying IS true.
aya22 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
Thank you everyone for reading this, I'm glad that you enjoy it. ❤ I believe in every situation there's always something good to come of it! 😉 I've submitted the second part telling about some of the common events that occurred while I was alone in the house...

Yes, I agree with you BoberTiir! I used to think that what was in the house was only trying to get me in trouble! 😉 My parents became very paranoid people, and eventually installed multiple locks on the doors, cameras outside of the house, and even mused over the idea of installing cameras inside the house. Often they'd leave the house for hours, only to return with doors wide open and no signs of break in or robbery.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
aya22 what a story! Has got me gripped. Can't wait for the next part, and reading your comment with your mom and stepdad still there too wow looking forward expectantly.
Thanks for sharing 😊
Carl
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
aya22,
This is absolutely riveting! I can't wait to read more. I can tell already that these things are not going to stop. I'm interested in seeing how your mom finally came around though. It does surprise me to hear she still resides there.
CholitoBabe,
I'm right there with you, I also had a step parent from hell. In my case it was my stepdad, and like you and aya22, I was not believed. He didn't believe my mom either. I never understood why she married that guy, and thankfully, she eventually divorced him. But by that time the damage had already been done and it took me years before I could trust her judgement again.
BobertTiir (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
I bet whatever is doing this to you is having a lot of fun... Creepy things seem to like practical jokes.
aya22 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
CholitoBabe, I am very sorry to hear about your sister and your stepmom. Parents, step-parents, can be cruel sometimes. And if there's something 'paranormal' happening and they don't believe you, it can make everything worse like adding grease oil to a fire. Parents should be there to support their kids, unfortunately not all families are like that. These kinds of things can cause a lot of strong negativity... Tear families apart, even cause people who normally wouldn't act in certain ways to do things they wouldn't normally do... Believe me, I know how that can be too. Thank you for sharing that. ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
Thanks for sharing this story. It sounds like you had a poltergeist of some sort hanging around. The creepy feelings are the first warning, and then the noises...footsteps, feeling watched, taps turning on, etc. Can't wait to read the rest.
CholitoBabe (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
I know how you feel something like that happened to me... I also lost one of my sisters... She tried killing our step mom for not believing me, her, my other sister and 3 brothers... Our step mom would just yell at us and tell us to shut our mouths or shed smack my sister across the face for her to stop that non sense she over powered our dad so he didn't believe us either...
aya22 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
KimSouthO, actually my mom and my step-dad STILL live in this house! I have no idea how they do it, especially my mom. I've only visited the house once since I moved out, and the one time I visited I actually slept OUTSIDE on the deck (it was enclosed). 😆

Redphx, I used to do the exact same thing! 😆 I'd go everywhere in the house and turn every light on, then lock myself up in my bedroom.

I have already written and sent the second part, but I regret to say that this experience will go past just two stories. There's just too much that went on there, though I will try to condense it to some of the 'better' (better, though, is absolutely NOT the right word) incidents.
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
Thanks for sharing I can hardly wait to read your other encounters there. 😊
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
I am very interested in the rest of your experiences. I know exactly what it feels like to grow up in a house like this. My husband the other day scolded me for leaving all my lights on in every room in my house. I do it without thinking. I told him that it was habit for because of the house I grew up in. I had to have every corner lit up so nothing could hide! They were still there of course but the lights provided some comfort. Please share more with us!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
I must agree, I can not wait to hear more. I am very interested to learn how your mother became a believer.

Forgive me if you already addressed this question, but do you still live in or visit this house?

I look forward to your next installment,

God Bless!
aya22 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
Thank you zzsgranny, I'll write the next one as soon as I can. Yes, this was very creepy and to tell you the truth I felt like I was getting bad vibes all over just from writing this and thinking about it... Kind of made me want to go "ew."
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
aya: I'll reserve my comment for the final installment of this saga, but I gotta say, so far: creepy! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: