You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Child Scare at 2 am

Real Ghost Stories

Child Scare at 2 am

 

This happened last night, and it scared me to death. I'm 17 years old and live in california. I was on my computer being the average teenager, talking to my friends. It was obviously dark outside, but really quite warm in my house. I was bored of listening to nothing but the sounds of the whining computer and turning fan, so I got up and turned my fan and lights off and got my iPod to listen to. I had gone through about an hours worth of songs and it was nearing my favorite part... then my ipod decides to skip like a cd player would. When it skipped, I distinctly heard a child cough and then chuckle. This scares me a bit, but I decide it's nothing and put my music away, telling my friends what had happened. They say it's probably nothing and that there was just a flaw in my music, so I go back to normal talking.

Three minutes later my room gets icy cold, and I swear if the lights were on I could see my breath coming out. So I tell my friend what happens and they say "Sam, that's not good... You should turn on the lights or something so that it doesn't come after you or anything. They can't touch you in the light..." I thought about this for a second or two, deciding if it was true or not, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to turn the lights on.

As soon as I stood up, I heard some footsteps on the floor and shuffling noises against the wall right next to the light switch. Sitting down, I thought to myself "That plans out of the park..." Starting to get a little more creeped out, I sit down and watch my room intently, listening for anything and watching for any movement. I'm like a 4 year old when it comes to ghosts, so I'm surprised I didn't scream and run to my older sister.

I went on with life talking to people and stuff, not caring what happens from then on. But I heard the footsteps again, and they're getting closer to me. My neighborhood is connected on the electricity grid and my power goes out. And I look outside and see my neighbors lights all on. So I get a little more scared. Then the shuffling noise comes from my chair and I freeze. A small hand falls on my shoulder and I can't breathe for like a minute. Then my room suddenly gets warm again and I choke down a breath of air. The lights come back on and I hear foot steps walking down the stairs that lead to my room.

I didn't sleep at all last night... And about 30 minutes after all this happened to me, my sister screams because she had a nightmare. I officially and afraid of my house. Haha.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Samuel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
Wow that would scare anyone I think. However I don't think that was the little spirits intention. I'm a little perceptive with these kind of things and I have the feeling that the little spirit is a little girl. I can see her clearly with blond hair and blue eyes. But I think that she's scared. She was asking for your help. As for the messing with the ipod I think that she didn't know what it was and was only playing with it.

You should try to help her go into the light. You could do a number of things but my suggestion is just to try to talk to her. Tell her that she doesn't belong here and she has to go into the light, ect. Good Luck!

~Blessed Be~
rebeccad (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Demonbinder you are one of those people who need to do some studying. Demons cannot take the form of innocents.
rebeccad (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Someone wanted to play with you. Ha! I guess your it.:) Don't forget to tag someone.
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
It's a demon, parading around as a harmless little girl. Tell it that it isn't welcome there, and seal that with the blood of Jesus.
Esmeralda (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
thats a good storie. I have never had an experience like that. But me and my mom had an experience together. Well everyone in my house has had one except my dad who doesn't believe in that stuff. 😊
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
i think your friends were right you should have turned the lights on... But...

if they wouldn't go on how about a light from an i-pod or mobile phone! X x x

anyway great story! X x
jeann (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-07)
I guess the child just wants to make his presence be felt, maybe that night it just wants to sa hi to you or something, but based on your story I feel it does not mean any harm, just playing around like any child will do.
Anna12 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-02)
Very interesting story. Try to pray for the child to move on, for it most probably needed your help since it came up to you. You can look for the history of your house and find if it has anything to do with this child. Good luck.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-22)
It sounds as if this was a visit with paranormal.

The child, if indeed that is what it was may need help to cross over. Thell them they should coross over to be with friends and family and people who love them. They shouod not be afraid, to follow tha light.,

Pray for the child. Place a cross in your room (at least one) and pray.

God Bless!
cutiepie45 (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-24)
Hey Samuel,
It seems to me that the little child probably wants you to know that he is there.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-07)
Dear Samuel,

I am sorry to hear that your relationship with your father and step mom is not as such that would nurture you in a way that you could ask them for help and not receieve anger in return for your efforts. Please do not let others break your wings, because you are always meant to fly. You will fly through this, and remember their response in anger is not about you. You are only responsible for yourself, and they and others outside of yourself are responsible for thier choices, behavior and their own personal baggage. Never pick up another human beings' baggage, just pick up, handle and be responsible for your own.

Keep researching. There are also public records at a government center, court, history center and even the library.

Even if this is not about the story, it is about your story and you can always find refuge here.

You are the master of your life and your destiny. Many Blessings, Abby
Samuel (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-07)
Abby
Im not one to ask much from my father and step mom, they seem to get angry whenever I ask them for help. I'll just file through things and see if I can find anything and I'll talk to some of my neighbors.
Thank you
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-06)
Dear Samuel,

As per request, this is Abby talking to you, well writing or posting to you. ;)

You can ask your parents if they know it's past. You can investigate by asking neighbors in a round about way who lived in the house before you. You can check public records, your parent's home deed and title for names.

You can also do research to find out how to stop this haunting if that is what you believe it is and want. You can find it on this site, on the net, in your local library and at your nearest bookstore. Abby
Samuel (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-06)
I have no idea. It's hard to find any history of the house. And my friends aren't the birghtest sometimes.
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-05)
You should get some friends who have better advice then to just turn the lights on. It just sounds like you have someone in your home that wants you to know they are there.
My_Cat_Guards_Me (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-05)
Hey Samuel

Do you know if there was any children that died in your house in the past like before you lived there!

LucyXX
Samuel (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-05)
I will participate in the discussion
so feel free to talk to me -_- please.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: