You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Daddy's Grandfather

Real Ghost Stories

Daddy's Grandfather

 

Please take note that I am not a good story teller and please bear with the wrong grammar and just continue on reading the story.

This one happened to me when I was 8 years old... It was the

First of November and my Mom was feeding my little brother in the kitchen. My Dad was using the computer while I was watching him use it while waiting for my turn to play games.

On to the story...

It was night, around 8:30pm...our door was closed and locked, also the screen... It was both locked. We heard two thwumps on the screen. (the screen was in front of the door) It was quite loud, and it was like a kick or a bang. I ran off to the kitchen because I was so scared. It suddenly came to our minds, maybe we needed to light a candle so the spirits of our relatives who had passed away wouldn't get angry. When we lit a candle, everything became peaceful. Around 9:00pm, my aunt and uncle came and we told them about it. My dad had an idea that maybe the "one" who thwumped on the screen was his grandfather. He was his grandfather's favorite grandchild but his grandfather died. After that, it was peaceful and we prayed for the souls of our passed away relatives & friends.

I know it isn't too scary but because I was so young at that time, I easily got freaked out with the loud "thwump" on our screen.

Thank you for reading our story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wRiTeR-2-bE, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

wRiTeR-2-bE (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
Thank you so much for giving the responses. Sorry for replying late. I didn't had time to open my YGS account. Yes, I think it was an animal too. Thanks again for reading and giving responses! Prayers will work always. Let's always Trust in God.
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-25)
Yes, as others have said, there could have been a logical explanation. Its always best to look at all possibilities before coming to any conclusions, but that said, an 8yo wouldn't think that way really and I certainly wouldn't have when I was a child. By the way, no your story isn't scary, infact, non of the stories I've read so far are scary to me but it doesn't really matter about that, you had a story to tell and did just that and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing 😊
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
I just have to say, it doesn't have to paranormal. It could have been an animal. I hope I don't disappoint you, but I don't think this story deals with the paranormal.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
Regardless of the source of the noise, lighting candles and saying prayers is always a soothing and calming experience. Lol, I would have run into the kitchen too if I was eight and heard an unexpected and uncommon loud noise like that! Your writing was fine.
Thanks for sharing!
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
wRiTeR...gotta go with Miracles. There could be a number of possibilities of what this could be.
And most are not paranormal.

Lou
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
wRiTeR-2-bE - honestly? These thwumps could have been a dog knocking its tail against your screen door. There really is nothing here to prove that it is paranormal and since you aren't going to participate in the discussions, this is all I am going to offer.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: