You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Shadow People, Thumps and Bumps

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow People, Thumps and Bumps

 

I don't know really how the whole story came into effect. But I know it's true. I live in Saint Clair, Michigan and I'm a freshmen at SCHS. I've always believed in the supernatural, magic, etc. But I was ignorant to think that nothing special or odd would present itself to me. I had been home alone at the time, sitting in my room, which is in the far corner of the house. My door lead out into a hall that branched into two other rooms, a bathroom, then eventually my kitchen and living room.

I was sitting in my room at making bracelets out of yarn, and watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer when I heard a knock on my door. Now I figured my parents were home, or it was a sibling. But I hadn't heard the front door. I remember getting up and going to the door to check, and no one was there. Peeved, thinking it was the cats, I had moved down the hall to check the rooms. To see if it had been one of my cats, which I have three by the way.

I went into the living room and two of my cats were lounging out in the window, watching the cars pass by, the third was asleep. So it wasn't them. At that moment I remembered being cold, and something shoved me. Now I was scared, I turned to see a shadow type thing disappear. I remembered being to terrified, but unable to move.

My cats also had been acting strange, my one cat Zippo was whining up a storm. Almost howling. I ran into my room again, locking my door. Good move, I had said to myself. A door is sure going to stop a dead person. But I wasn't exactly sure. So I had gone to sit on my bed when the door was knocked on. Now, I wasn't moving. Soon it sounded like someone was stopping up and down the hall having a good old time from the sound of it too. I had turned the volume up, but the more I did, the louder and more aggressive the pounding became. Until I had yelled for whatever it was to go away, how it wasn't welcome, and to leave immediately. In the hall the stomping had stopped after one final smash. Now I didn't leave my room.

My parents eventually came home, and they weren't happy. Turned out in the hall, all the picture frames and their glass was busted. And where the final stomp had been, I had found a penny. Let's just say, I didn't sleep that night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Torrie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

L0VEPiNK07 (1 stories) (47 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-10-09)
holy cow, girl! I so would have straight run outta that house! You were brave to stay! And to tell it to go away. Did you tell your parents what happened? Did they believe you? I hope it doesn't happen again.
GhostsOfTheUnderworld (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
Wow...you did the right thing to tell it to go, ghost have been known to bite, attack and do all sorts of evil stuff, one thing I learned from a friend how lives in a haunted house and I very much into ghosts (she was the one who told me about this site) that if you try and contact someone with a Ouija Board (never EVER use one of them), you will most likely find that you will talk to more demons than good spirits, so if you think that you see a demon, ask it, "Do You Love Jesus?" and if it is a demon it will go away, cause one thing that demons can't lie about is God/Jesus.

Anyway, I'll will keep you in my prayers. Good luck and hope and pray that it won't come back.
Wolfman456 (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
They can shove. They can push and they can even attack.

Some ghosts are aggressive. Some are passive. It sounds like that ghost was very aggressive.
Aussie_Vamp (2 stories) (15 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
You done the right thing by telling this entity to get out and that it wasn't welcome. I have never known an enitity to be able to shove but I may be wrong feel free to correct me. It could have been a poltergeist having abit of fun as well seeing as they are attracted to adolescent females also try researching in your area you might come up with an answer

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: