You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Are Ghosts Following Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Are Ghosts Following Me?

 

This all started happening when I was about 10 years old. I slept over at my grandmother's house once and I slept in the downstairs living room. In the middle of the night, I awoke to the sound of footsteps in the hallway and a sound of a wheelchair being rolled around in the hallway and kitchen. This went on for 30 minutes or so, then the hall closet door opened and closed and I didn't hear anything else.

On a different occasion I went over to my grandmother's house to baby sit my younger cousin. I put him in his room upstairs for a nap in the afternoon and I went down and listened to music on the computer. I got up and walked by the garage door in the hallway and it was opened, which is strange because I hadn't gone out there. I figured my cousin had so I closed the door. I went to the kitchen to get some water came back down the hall and the garage door was open again, so I closed it and went and sat back down at the computer listening to my music, which was pretty loud I might add. All of a sudden I hear the door opening and then slamming shut repeatedly. I went into the hall way and no one was there but the door was opening and closing. I ran upstairs, woke up my cousin and stayed outside.

A year or two later I was at my house in my room sleeping in my bed. The door to my bedroom was open and the hall light was on, so my room wasn't dark at all. Our house made a lot of noises especially when you're walking, you can hear where everyone is in the house by the way the floor creaks. So, as I was sleeping, I was awoken and I heard footsteps in the living room (which is next to my bedroom) and I figured my mom had gotten up and was in the living room. I keep hearing these footsteps and they get closer and closer and then I hear them in the hall. Now my bedroom door is wide open and I can see down the hall and the light is on, no one is there. Then I hear footsteps at the doorway in my room right inside my bedroom. But I cannot see anyone. I'm pretty scared at this point. Then I hear the floor creak right next to my bed as if someone stepped closer. All of a sudden I feel weight on my feet like someone is sitting there, and within seconds, someone or something is tucking my blankets around my legs like a mother or grandmother would do. I freak out and start kicking frantically the weight lifts off my legs... And I don't hear anything...

My sister said she sees an older lady in our room sitting in a rocking chair at night and the lady stares at her while she's sleeping.

I'm 19 now and this still freaks me out.

Other hauntings by jarretswifey

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jarretswifey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bravoesque77 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
It's possible a spirit is attatched to you. The idea of a grandmother, or grandmotherly type figure seems like a good suggestion. It doesn't seem like it's going to harm you in any way. I've had a spirit follow me since the age of 6, from house to house-It's nothing to be afraid of... But if you psych yourself out you'll only become distraught.

Just try to remain calm if it ever happens again... 😊
jeann (19 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-14)
I think the ghost does not mean any harm... Just wants to look after you or just wants their presence to be felt, so you'll know they are looking after you... But I really fell they would not harm you...
jarretswifey (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-12)
hey all this is Sheri.

to ashley: that's crazy that you asked if I had a grandmother that died, my great grandmother had died before this happened and I think maybe she was coming back to see us or something since we hadn't seen her in a long time.

and yes there are definitely more than one ghost.
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-08)
hey this is kristy's daughter my name is Ashley. Did you all have a grandmother who died when you all was little or anything? If you did. Then she is probably coming to see her grandkids she didn't get the chance to spend time with...
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-08)
thanks so much for sharing this with all of us. I love reading ghost storys and talking about them if you would like to talk you can e-mail me at kristyjohns [at] aol.com I am with timesfan31 I say you do have more than one. I would look up the history of the house. Let me know how things go
JAMV100 (4 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-08)
OMG I think that most of the stories start with going to sleep with there grandparents people experience thing that they never had before after reading a lot of stories like this I think that the ghost you encountered is a friendly ghost and is helping your grandparents live as long as they can.
Tmetsfan31 (3 stories) (52 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-08)
Whoot!first comment. Wow, that's wierd and cool. I think she is your guardian angel, but, I think there is more than one ghost. Go to the places where the most stuff happened and take pictures. This may help to identify what kind of ghost you got.
Tmetsfan31 AKA Tanis
Tmetsfan31 [at] aim.com for any questions

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: