You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Emily's Bridge

Real Ghost Stories

Emily's Bridge

 

My name is Nathalie. A few of us went to Emily's bridge Saturday night around 1200 am. We had digital cameras and a cell phone. We walked toward the bridge and my friend freaked out. We began taking pictures of the bridge and around it. I then started using the cell phone to get some EVP, and we did get some there.

When we got home, we checked the pictures, and we had a lot of orbs. Some of them had none, but a lot had them.

I was standing on the bridge getting my picture. When we looked at them, there was a glowing white orb right next to me. It looked like someone standing right behind me.

Then my Aunt accidentally called my friend Emily's name. When we watched the video, we heard "Get off my bridge". It was no one's voice that was with us. The EVP we got: when I asked if she had died there, I got a "Yes" and "Get off my bridge", a woman talking. And a woman's laughing.

In some pictures there were faces. When we were taking the EVP, I mentioned that if some one was there, please touch me and my cousin. At that time, in the pictures that were taken, there was some one following us. But just to the end of the bridge. We did see figures crouching down by the wall. ALL THIS HAPPENED.

When we go back we are going to bring a lot of batteries, because they drain quick.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Vermont

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tadpoleblood, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

newbienews1 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
Hey Nathalie,
I work at a news station in Vermont and would love to connect with you for a Halloween story. I know this event happened in 2008 but if you still had the videos or photos and could speak with me that would be awesome! My name is Melissa, let me know if we can chat. Thanks!
NativeSpiritTracker (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-25)
I would also like to add that I do not think EVP's are 100% accurate at Emily's bridge because of the rushing water under the bridge being so loud. I think the only reason that my husband got an EVP is because he was sitting in our truck parked away from the bridge at the time. Any EVP's done on or directly next to the bridge should be questionable and brought to a professional to do an assessment.
NativeSpiritTracker (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-25)
Unless you have gone to Emily's bridge, maybe it is best that you do not ridicule this person for posting their experience. I had my own experiences on Emily's bridge. I have several pictures with orbs in them but that is minor compared to my full-blown experience. I took at least four photos that have "plasma" in them. I ended up taking 334 pictures that night with only four showing evidence. However what I am about to say will blow your mind! I stood at the edge of the bridge and was taking a picture... Before the camera even receded I saw with my own eyes and felt with my own body A human figure in my face! The figure swooped downwards. When I viewed the photo I took at that exact moment, it showed the top of what looks like it could have been a head with hairlines. I have been dealing with paranormal search for over 15 years and never before had this happen to me. My husband saw an image from the corner of his eye crossing the street while he was doing an evp. He asked if this was Emily. He got a female voice but we could not make out the words.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-24)
It sure sounds like you had a lot of activity going on that night. Here we have some great people who know there stuff about pictures. I'm sure they will help you out on this one but it would be nice to see some pictures. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-22)
Wonderful! So now all you have to do is submit the evedince since there seemed to be so much!
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Hi I did hear many story of many many Bridge and any names of Bridge and they are right please show us the picture but don't worry about the evp let them listen but not me cause I am deaf.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
I am sorry, WHAT is the actual name of the bridge? WHERE is it located?
Is it a coincidence that your friend's name is Emily, and the bridge holds the same name?
Am I missing something?
Thank you.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Tonith, I think what they were doing was using the cell phone's video recording function. I know the sound quality is a little bad so I wonder if maybe it's comparable to a radio or an old sound recorder which might pick up EVPs. Still, it seems a bit unlikely. I'd be more convinced if I could hear some of the recordings they gathered.:)
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
I must be technologically impaired and I am because I didn't know a cell phone could record evp's. All mine does is takes pics or leaves voice mails. I thought one needed a digital recorder for evps. Like I said I'm pretty much a moron with electronics. Took me years to learn what I do about computers and that isn't much compared to those that grew up using them.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
I'm not saying that I don't believe this story but it does sound like an urban legend. How many haunted bridges can there be? Show us the pictures and the videos and prove me wrong. I want to believe.

FRAWIN 🤔
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
There are soooo many storties of this nature, I realize they originate from actual occurances... I am afraid I would need to see the pictures before putting a lot of credence to this expereince.

Thanks for sharing though!
God Bless!
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
Nathalie I am sure that was very exciting and yes please show us your pics and maybe if you can your EVP. I think that you asking the ghost to touch you was very dangerous. You should refrain from that kind of activity. Hope to hear from you soon. ❤ Jasmin
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
Hi Nathalie!

I agree with DeviousAngel. I'd love to see the pictures and hear the EVP too.

Thank you and have a blessed day! 😁
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
Nathalie, do you still have any of the video, EVP and pictures? I think everyone here would love to see some of that. It would definitely add loads of credibility to your account, and you wouldn't need to say things like "ALL THIS HAPPENED.":) We'd believe you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: