You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Emily Haunted My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

Emily Haunted My Bedroom

 

In September of 2005 I was transferred for work to Riverton, Wyoming. I found a nice, little two bedroom apartment on the top floor of a small apartment complex. I got everything unpacked and set up just how I wanted it. I never felt quit comfortable in the apartment but I just figured it was because it was my first time being away from home and living by myself.

I had many strange things happen in the apartment, like the lights or TV being off when I knew I had turned them on, but I just ignored them. I continued to tell myself it was all in my head. I would pass the time by going to co-workers houses, or talking on the phone to my friends and family. Finally something happened.

One night in November 2005 caused me to no longer be able to ignore all the strange happenings in the apartment. I had my room set up with my bed under a window in the middle of the room, with my dresser on one side and my vanity on the other side. There was a ceiling fan above my bed that I always used the pull string to turn the lights on and off, so I did not have to walk across the room in the dark to get into bed.

I went to bed around ten o'clock that night. I fell asleep easily that night and did not wake up at all until 3:00 a.m. When I woke up to a girl sitting on the stand in front of my vanity. She was young, probably around 20, she had very long black hair and was wearing a long white nightgown. When I woke up, she turned around and said her name was Emily Bombarten, I am not sure of the spelling on the last name, but that is how it sounded, and this was her room. I freaked out and started to scream, jumped up on my bed and pulled the chain on the light, and then she was gone.

I saw Emily one more time about a month later. I had gotten two cats to help me not feel so alone and uncomfortable at home. I was woken up at 3:00 am by my cats freaking out. When I opened my eyes, I saw Emily hovering over top of me. I could not move or scream, I just stared at her, and after what seemed to be an hour, but I am sure was just a few seconds, she vanished.

After the second time I had a run in with Emily, I could no longer live in that apartment. I found a new place to live, and I moved out. I have not seen her since. I asked around to see if any one knew anything about my apartment, or that name. No one had any idea why these things had happened. I sometimes wonder about what caused Emily to become a ghost, and why she made herself known to me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Yesterday, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ebony1997 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
i have bad nightmares about a girl with black hair in a long white nightgown, exactly how you described emily. And in the dream she is alway angry at me and always hurts me in my dream. The nightmare got so bad the once that I wouldn't settle down for two hours because I was scared and kept crying to my mum and big brother.
austin4666 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
Hey, my names Austin. My friend and I live in Riverton, Wyoming and we're actually starting up a sort of local ghost investigation. I was wondering - Where is this apartment? And which apartment is it? My e-mail is mingyunn45 [at] yahoo.com, or if you want to just reply with a comment here, I would greatly appreciate it!
KurLz (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
you could also go to the library and look at old phone books. I've heard of people having success finding out about locations by starting with old phone books.
Collin395 (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Thats really scary. I hope something like that never happens to me. Thanks for posting!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
Like she said, "that was her room" and she didn't wish to share it with anyone! That is why she kept appearing while you were staying there and that is why she hasn't followed you anywhere else. Emily seems to be attached to her own space-her own home. Since you went away and I don't blame you for doing so, it's pretty difficult to learn more about what had happened to Emily or whether she's really trapped or simply and willingly chooses to cross 'borders'. Personally, I wish she's a free traveller.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
That is a very creepy story. I could not live there either. And of course, she had to visit you at 3am! I know it's most likely just a myth about that being the devil's hour, but still...it's creepy.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Wonder if Emily was someone who resided there at one time and failed to move on in more ways than one. It's hard to find history on tenants in apartment buildings unless it was once a private residence or the land it sits on held a former residence that was torn down to make something new. You have a name and that could be a start for investigation. I would be checking back issues of the local paper for starters. Most every town has a local historian and that may be a lead too. Had your cats not freaked out and woke you up I would have said it was possibly sleep paralysis or a waking dream but cats freaking out (I have 4) will wake the dead. (no pun inteneded lol) so I don't think you imagined it. For myself, I couldn't let something like that rest I would have to find out all I could.
Georgeyboy (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Wow what an interesting story, it was great to read. I have minimal experience & knowledge in why & how spirits come along, but it sounds as though Emily is just very lonely and lost and saw you as a potential friend maybe. Thank you for the post.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: