You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Emily's Ghost Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Emily's Ghost Cat

 

One day I went over to my friend Emily's house to play-we decided to do something different.

Instead of playing, we decided to go exploring. The place Emily wanted to explore was places in her house. She told me that she had been hearing a cat meow inside her walls. She wanted to know why she kept hearing a cat meow.

As we went into the bathroom, the light switch was popping out. We took our flashlight and shone it down the little slot that was open. We didn't see or hear anything. We then went into her family room were she had this beautiful fireplace. As she started toward the fireplace, she whispered to me that she could hear a cat meowing. I heard nothing. Emily motioned for me to come closer to the fireplace next to her.

Emily got the flashlight and shone it up and down inside to see if she could see anything. All of a sudden, I heard her gasp and she began running through the house. I followed her and found her in a corner of her bedroom, she was shaking all over. I ran over to her and asked," What's wrong?" She said she had thought she had saw Cleo. Cleo had passed away recently, so I thought she was seeing things because of her sadness over the loss of her cat.

As I tried to calm her down, she told me that it wasn't Cleo. She had actually seen her long dead cat Gismo. Emily could see Gismo playing with other cats. This made Emily very happy.

After hearing this from Emily I was very frightened. I thought Emily was playing a trick on me.

Do you think she really saw her long dead cat Gismo? Please let me know your views about Emily's cat. Thank you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, prinsessnight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

GhostFox (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
People who miss dead loved one so much, can seemingly summon their ghosts.
I know, when my mom's mom died, she was crying so badly one day, while saying,
'Oh mom, I miss you so much. I miss you and I love you.'
There was a gentle breeze and the spoon that was in the soup pot where it started stirring round. My grandm used always cook soup for us on Sundays.
Then my mom heard a whisper.
'I love you darling...'

I really hope Gizmo is at peace!
PurpleSharpie98795 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Yes I do. People can see animals spirits. I bet she did see her cat. I have seen my cats and a friends dog. 😁
prinsessnight (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-05)
Dear Brownie09,
Emily, s cat Gismo used to lay down in frount of the fire place. I guess that was his favorite place to lay. And I don't think she was lying to me. Maby she was or maby she wasn't.😐
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Hi me seriously I think she could have seen her lost cat, but what I can't figure out she seen it in the chimney? I could understand if it was in her bedroom, front room or something like that. Did her cat like to play in the chimney when it was alive? I mean I'm not saying she was lying to you. So please don't think that.

Thanks for posting 😊
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Dear prinsessnight,

I am having trouble trying to make a conclusion to the story. I am torn between Unknown's comments supporting a genuine haunting, or Frawin's which supports a more sceptical view. However, if this be truly be a visitation, I guess your pet misses you and will be watching over you like ancestors and relatives past.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
Esmeralda (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hey how are you doing? I liked your story it was a nice one. I do believe you saw your cat. If you ever want to e-mail me my address is Leal.esmeralda [at] yahoo.com I have some stories I will share with you okay. 😊
prinsessnight (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Thanks TheUnknown That was helpful I hope I hear more coments from other people. I'll read your storie 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hello prinsessnight. It would be my guess that Emily was pulling a prank on you. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
People who had lost their loved ones will always see their spirits themselves, not by other people. They will always remind people that their loved ones will stay with them for eternity.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I believe that some animals choose to stay. Maybe the cat liked this place and decided to stay. Thnaks for sharring your story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Hello Maybe she did see her cat and Even thought I lost my three or four times in diffrent reason and years... She may have seen her dead cat and I am sure miss her cat and I am too miss my four of them...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: