You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandfather My Protector

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandfather My Protector

 

When I was a senior in high school my Grandpa passed away I was 17 fixing to turn 18. My birthday is December 26 and he passed away on December 4 2004.

The night he died I was sitting in my aunts nail shop and I had this weird feeling that something bad had happened, then the phone rang and it was the hospital where my grandpa had been in and he had just passed away.

Ever since I was a little girl I had always been able to sense spirits around me some were good and somewhere bad but I knew that I was going to be okay.

The next day I had went to school and I was relaxed not what you would expect from a teenager who had just lost a grandparent. My grandparents raised me from day one so I was more like a daughter then I was a granddaughter. I looked up into the sky and I started to cry and I heard a voice say Heather I am okay I am not sick anymore, I feel like a new person, I miss you and I love you everything is going to be okay I will always be with you! I started to cry even more and my two friends walked up to me, we were still waiting on the bus to get there and they both asked me why I was laughing and crying at the same time and I looked at them and said oh you don't know do you my grandpa passed away last night but everything is going to be okay he is with me.

Years later when I got married in 2008 my grandpa showed up in our house and my husband asked me who the man in my hallway was and I asked him to describe him and he did. My grandfather was tall and he wore overalls all the time that's all my grandma could get him to wear. I know that my grandpa is with me and my grandmother and my family and I know that he will always protect us. Rest in peace grandpa

Emit earl Nolen: (02/01/1922) - (12/04/2004)

We miss and love you very much!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BELLA11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
BELLA11,
You're story was just beautiful, it made me cry. Thank you for sharing it with us. ❤

Welcome to YGS!

Jav 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
BELLA11: A very touching story sorry for the loss of your Grandfather you should feel blessed to have had this experience and know that he is always with you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
lindsayanne411 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
wow! That's incredible finally someone with similar senses as mine! I feel them all the time! But they are mostly in my room... My great papa past away almost 2 years ago in july and I know when he is with me because he whispers my nick name (annie) in my ear and everything feels safe!

but other times I feel bad energy and I'm terrified to go to sleep at night! I mean just last night I slept with my lamp on that lit up the whole room because that's how scared I was! Do you ever get that way? 😕
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
Beautiful story here BELLA11. I have had similar experiences such as yours. I sense and "hear" Spirit on a regular basis, but my Husband sees Spirit (although he does not like seeing "them"). My Great-Grandfather died in 2005 aged 91, and my Husband had not met him before he died, but yet he was able to describe him in perfect detail.
I also want to offer my condolences on your loss.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
GhostFox (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
So heart-warming!
I hope you get to see your Grandpa more, but maybe he was just checking to see if you're husband was the right man for you!
Please tell us if he returns to say hello again!
Storm (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm so glad that he is still with you and that he is fine.
Great story by the way!
Storm x
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
2004 wow my grandpa died that year too very interest story and sorry to hear about your grandpa and He is watching out for you *Smiles*
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
bella11 such a sweet touching story thank you for sharing and welcome to ygs
Carl
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
how cool. Very glad he came to say those nice things to you. I'm happy that he found peace.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
Very wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it, and I'm very sorry for your loss. Your grandpa sounds like he was a wonderful person, and even moreso to keep watching over you after he departed our world.
johntravis28 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
What a lovely story! I have lost both my parents (my dad just recently in March) and such stories bring a lot of comfort to me and I'm sure anybody who has lost someone dear. Letting us know that they have found happiness. Thank you for sharing this.

Love

John xx
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
First of all, I'm sorry for the lost of your grandfather. I was really close with my maternal grandmother and when she passed from a stroke, it was really devastating. You are really luck that he came to you when you needed it. He will always be around you and your family.

Just a quick question: When he appeared again, why did he show himself to your husband instead of you and did he say anything?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: