You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I've Been Followed By A Ghost For Years Now

Real Ghost Stories

I've Been Followed By A Ghost For Years Now

 

I can look back and remember strange things happening to me. I started sleep walking at a young age starting around the age of 13. I am now 22 and it has never ceased and is fairly scary at times. I have been woken to a suffocating sensation as if something were sitting on top of me restricting my air way and paralyzing me. For years I have summed it up to I was "one hell of a sleeper". Although it has died down it has started back up. But now I am starting to notice that maybe something is linked here and I am not just a sufferer of strange sleep disorders. Dabbling in the "unknown" or paranormal has always intrigued me. Who isn't curious about things they can't explain?

Recently I have reunited with an old childhood friend and we live in a two bedroom apartment. The first strange encounter I experienced was about a week into my stay here.

My roomates daughter was in her room playing and talking. I was in the bathroom nearby and heard her say "no, you scare me" assuming all little kids talk to themselves so I didn't give it much thought. About 2 months later my roomate went out of town for about 3 days. I stayed at the apartment by myself and did some deep cleaning one day. I had the television on and wasn't really paying attention to it. I was in the middle of texting my roomate and just happened to look up at the TV and there was buttons being pressed to the remote (which was sitting across the room from me) for the channel to be changed. The channel changed and I stood frozen. I texted her what had just happened and we both kind of brushed it off. The television changing is something that has always happened to me for years, no matter where I lived. I never felt threatened by it so I always shrugged it off.

Recently my roomate has seen things walking across the room out of the corner of her eye but never thought further about it and assumed her mind was just playing tricks on her. But recently we've both started to experience the same things at the same time. And it's getting out of hand.

Every day I get off work before her and I came home, turned on the TV and not ten minutes after I started to wind down the coffee pot in the kitchen turned on. I smelt this burning aroma and heard the bubbling noise so I turned around and saw the coffee pot smoking. I ran over to turn it off and when she got home I asked her if she had it on some sort of a timer and programed it wrong. She declined and we left it at that. In sort of a jokingly manner we talked about how I was haunted and brought something with me to the apartment. Last night was the kicker.

Her daughter came out of the bathroom and in a frantic ran and shut my bedroom door. Note this child hardly goes in my room nor does she mess with the door. She ran in the living room and I asked the little girl why she had shut my bedroom door. With a straight face she looked at me and said, "Because that mean boy is hiding in your room". My roomate and I looked at each other and probed her for more information. We asked her if she's seen this little boy before, she said yes. Where do you see him the most? She said in my room or in the bathroom. My roomate asked her if she's talked to the little boy and she said "yes, but he is mean to me and I don't know why." Then we asked her what does this little boy look like. Her response, "scary".

In order to weed out what might have been an active imagination I asked my roomates daughter to go in my room and she quickly declined. She WAS NOT GOING IN THERE. I said, "If I go in there with you and turn on the light will you show me where the little boy is?" She said yes. I opened my door and turned the light on and she immediately pointed to the bassinet I have in my room and said "see he's hiding under there." Pointing under the skirt of my bassinet. Ten minutes later as it was nearing the little girl's bed time my roomate asked her to go in her room and get ready for bed. The little girl WOULD NOT go her room alone. It was a struggle to get her to cooperate and her story never changed about the mean little boy the whole night.

Now lights are turning out on their own. Doors are locking on their own. We're hearing weird noises coming from the kitchen and in pictures that I have taken in this apartment there is a distinct little face in the back ground and half of the picture is blurry where the face has appeared. Pictures have fallen off the walls in my room and magnets have fallen off the fridge with no explanation and our dog has hidden under the kitchen table and what it appeared was growling at absolutely nothing. Now if this was happening to myself alone I would think I was crazy but that someone else is experiencing this with me there's no way were both crazy and experiencing the SAME EXACT THINGS.

The roomate I now live with had a Ouija board when we were kids. Long story short we got curious one night and played with it, a few strange things happened like candles blowing out, whispering in my partially deaf ear, and chimes moving without a breeze around. So naturally being young and freaked out we closed up our Ouija board and never played with it again. Is there a possibility that we opened some sort of door or summoned this "little boy" and now he is bothering us because we didn't close the door? Please help. Were both freaked out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JackieMackie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jitow (362 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-12)
By the way, if you want to talk about cramming and beating people over the head just look at the number of post put up here by javelina and taz, over 400+ and 500+ respectively just in 2011. You all just joined the Board this year. Why don't you take a break for a while and let some other people post. I have yet to see where one person come back and say thanks your advice worked to either one of you. More like spam than trolling.
Jitow (362 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-12)
Regardless of how much you hate the fact that you cannot seperate the two. You cannot seperate Christianity from the spiritual. I don't come on here to force anything. You spit out the waiving the Bible and cramming down someones throat. That is just an old copout because you know that it is the truth, you just don't like it. Read all the post on this very website. If someone is have spiritual issue, the only lasting solution is to allow Jesus Christ to handle it for you. Other than that you will continue to spin your wheels. I don't mean to be a party pooper for people that like to spin their wheels but it is irresponsible for anyone to deny the one solution that works. If the OP was not looking for help then let it go. My post will be there to help someone who is truly seeking it. Speculate and guess all you want about ghost or whatever but when someone needs spiritual help, please let them get the help that actually works rather than dragging them down another wishful thinking speculative path. Stop attacking me and other Christians that are trying to help people here and we have been doing it successfully long before you graced us with your presence on this board.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
thanks jav 😁
Am sure he must have missed them (again)
We all need a small gental reminder now and then.
But of course if that don't work...
❤ carl
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
[at] Jitow,
This is from the "Comments Guidelines", you know, the rules.
"This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact".

Why, oh why do you always have to be reminded?
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
jitow another interesting and entertaining movie just popped in to my head, again its steven king~ carrie very good movie I'm sure if the o/p needs more to help keep her entertained I can think of a few 😁

Oh and one more tiny point you say I gave advice for entertainment
Now go through ALL COMMENTS I have not given this story any comments, all I did was say that you was again throwing your religious views in!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
jitow one quick question!
Ever see steven kings the mist?
Just wondered!? 😕
Carl
😉
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
well now in that context your not the o/p so who cares what you say?
There is no entertainment value here and I personaly would never give anyone advice that I thought would be entertaining, if the o/p wanted entertainment I would have a long list of dvds she should go watch,
Monty pythons the life of brian is hugely entertaining!

You don't like the fact that when you come on here and throw your so called religious views at peoples stories other people will stand up and tell you to shut up!

If this person wanted religious help then I'm sure she would have found a simpathetic priest/vicar or what ever not some bible bashing street corner preacher that thinks his word is law and all others are not worth listening too.

Aso do everyone a favor stop, go and throw a hissy fit some where else and let people who want to give useful advice a chance
Jitow (362 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Since neither of you appear to be JackieMackie then who cares what you say. One thing that you both can say now, you have heard Christ's Gospel and now you have no excuse. Stop trying to steer people in need of help from the real solution to their problem just for your entertainment.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Jitow has enough hot air in him to fill a canyon full of balloons. He seems to believe that his Bible makes him an expert on all things paranormal, scientific, and otherwise ridiculously and far-fetched-ly explained as "demonic activity", which can only be cured by becoming a completely psychotic religious zealot like he is. Let me know how that works out for you Jitow. Sorry to disappoint, but you won't catch me drinking the Kool-Aid. 😊 I'm perfectly happy to be the heathen I am, with ghosts and spooks and all.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
jitow you are trying to shove your idea or religion down someone else again!

This site is for spirit/ghost stories.

Where did you get the information that human spirits only hang on for a short time?
Which "expert" came up with that one?
Or was it just professor jitow?!?
I guess we might never find out!
Jitow (362 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
By the way, you did open a door and that ain't no little boy. It is appearing as a little boy as to not scare the little girl. Its main purpose is not to scare you per se its main purpose is to be allowed to stay and draw energy from you all. Its MO would usually progress to attempting to single one of you out to oppress and then seperate that person from all that they care about in order to control them and the ultimate goal would be to keep you from seeking a loving relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Here is what you must do and I have already mentioned this in several current stories. Whteher we want to beieve it or not, human spirits are extremely rare and usually may linger only for a short period after death. That leaves the Holy Spirit and evil inhuman spirits. When you use a spirit board if you contact anything it is going to be evil. So, you must first help this little girl. I suggest that if you do not have one to get everyone in the house a Bible. Since the little girl is actually seeing this thing, tell her very specifically that when she sees it again to say "Jesus says for it to get out" and it will leave immediately and probably won't come back. Read Matthew, Mark. Luke and John to her so that she understands who Jesus is and what He did for you and her and why His name is the name above all names and how God gives her and you authority over these evil spirits in Jesus name. This is not just for her, God tells us as adults to become child like when it comes to our belief in Jesus. You too need to learn who He is and call out his name if you start to have some soret of encounter. Please do this and come back on here and let us know the result so that you can help others.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Psychiatrist and neurologist both agree that they cannot find the origin of SP. Some so called experts say that it is an incurable sleep disorder and as you have recognized it can lie dormant for many years and begin again. There is a cure for it and a way to keep it from coming back. Its origin is spiritual and can be alieviated. Please take a look at this website. Read everything you can here and you can find lasting relief and a guarantee that it will not come back. Please look at it and let us know the results. Http://stopsleepparalysis.org/
ghostgirlsmileyface (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-21)
try getting the little girl to tell you if hes in the room and how was he being mean? Plus you could get one of those spirit people to bless the room
Also that little girl is being extremly brave I would freak out ❤
ddsmithj (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
in your situation I would bless the house and try to get your girl to block her mind of the dead because the door will open wider as she gets older and it kind of sucks after a while. But its all your desision. Hope I helped
Justin
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
JackieMackie, I would suggest you telling the entity to leave in a firm but calm voice. Show this entity that you mean business and that you won't stand for it and its behaviour anymore.
A good thing that seems to [personally] work for me is lighting a candle (does not matter what colour, as long as its a candle) and going to every room in the house/apartment, and saying/reciting a protection prayer. My Husband says incense also works, in particular, Dragon's Blood.
My next piece of advice is to talk to a medium, who may be able to give you clarity as to why this entity/Spirit is harrassing you, the child, and your room-mate, as well as your house/apartment.
For anymore advice, please feel free to email me.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
feyan (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
ok! Firstly what Louise21 said do that, I'm also a little worried about the kid you should NOT make the little kid scared because innocents keep... Well the spirits away & Kristy_Glick, well Ouija boards are little different than normal hunt... Its like "you ask for me I'm here now take care of me!" stuff... Cause you force it to come to you rather than it coming to you... Oh & please don't burn the Ouija board thingy cause their is a way to sent summoned spirit back... Well in simple through it... 😐 but try this for now... Whatever religion you belong to, trust it like your soul chained by your mind to your body; pray to God/gods whatever your believe in (dont be offended religious people) & ask the spirit politely what it needs... Don't make deals...
isabella8 (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
Do as loise21 says... It might help... No reaction from the so called demon is quite unnerving... Try communicating... ❤
Kristy_Glick (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
The best way to get rid of entities that you don't want around is to do it yourself. You hear all the time about people who got their houses blessed only for the problem to continue or get worse.

Speaking from lots of experience I suggest you 'own your space.' That is, make it perfectly clear to whatever entities are in your apartment that they are not welcome and they must leave immediately.

Once you've done that imagine bright, white light flowing out of your heart and filling every single corner of the apartment including closets, cupboards, etc. Do this every night and you shouldn't have any problems with malicious entities.

The most important thing is to own your space at all times and make it clear to all 'baddies' that they are not welcome. I attract all kinds of nasty critters and the steps I outlined above seem to keep them at bay.
Louise21 (3 stories) (33 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
Oh I would be so freaked out not for me more so the little girl. Maybe you and your room mate should start talking to "him" like he is a child, for instance when your hear something falling give out to "him" for being bold or when you come in from work say hello. Give "him" a name. It should not freak the little girl out as she can apparently communicate with him and would know who you were talking to. If it is an entity maybe he would get fed up trying to scare and act more positively around you and your room mates. 😁
JimD (431 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
Hi;

Well, I'm sorry this had happened to you and your roomate. All the incidents you describe are classic demonic harassment. I don't feel it's a child at all. Try using Catholic Holy water, especially on the beds and at night, and the phrase 'Jesus and Mary help me'. Watch the reaction. Since there's no time frame in the spirit world, what occurred twenty years ago is equal to having occurred yesterday. I hope this stops. Email me, if you need more. Wow, Easter is over, and it's just not stopping. This is unusual and very disturbing. God bless you. Dukes2352atAOL.com. Jim
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
Good story, I too would deal with it soon than later regardless of how it got there. Me personally, I would have the home cleansed and blessed by a priest. If you are not religious, maybe a medium who specializes in situations such as yours and can help the boy or what ever cross?

Hang in there, please keep in touch and let us know how things are going. ❤
Mosha (3 stories) (12 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
I recommend getting some Chinese Bhagwa. They dispell negative energy and enhance positive energy. If you want any I will send you one just let know
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
Hello JackieMackie,

Praying, like many posters have adviced you, is indeed one good thing to do in these or other cases. I've read and was told that the ouja board is never a thing to play with. Although it can be tempting and seems harmless, you just don't know what's around the corner waiting for its chanse to get in. Tell it to get out now, to leave the girl alone. Enjoyed the way you shared your experience.

Greetings:
Peter
BloodRed (1 stories) (10 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
For a 9 year old you have excellent grammar. Are you sure you didn't mean "19?"
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
cherry16blossom - I'm not a moderator on this site, but I do spend a lot of time on here. And since I have a 9-year old little boy that I don't let read stories on here, I feel I have the right to comment.

If you are only 9 years old, you are too young to be on this site. The rules of this site state that you must be at least 13 years old to comment.

There are other sites that are more for your age like this one: http://www.americanfolklore.net/campfire.html and this one: http://www.ghostsandstories.com/short-campfire-ghost-stories.html.

I don't mean to hurt your feelings at all. There are just so many stories on here that are way too old for you to read right now.
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
i would agree with lynrith, that you really don't know what it is, it may or may not be connected to the O'Board, just because you used one, don't automaticly condem it as the source of your trouble, you may have somthing following you, it may not neccessarly be the "scary" boy, you may have multiple entities, its hard to say, if things are all-a-sudden getting worse then normal whos to say it isn't somthing diffrent from what is normally hanging around.
lynrinth (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
The truth is, you really don't know what is haunting you. The little girl does provide clues, but her volcabulary is probably somewhat limited. She can only describe what she knows. I wonder... If all these years, 'something' was following you, but could only make you notice it with limited energy, 'cause you were not really afraid of it. But now, reuniting with your old friend, the one who you had a Ouija session with, who has a young child, it has found a way to harness the energy from all of you because now you are afraid! Because the little girl can see it, which is scary in itself, it can now 'feed' off of all of your fears, and can manifest itself even more. I'm just spectulating. But you may want to take some sort of action soon. Perphaps watch and observe to see if it gets worse. It is hard, but staying calm and firm is essential. Prayer, telling it to leave, firmly and with belief, or maybe talking to someone who willing to listen helps. Good luck.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
have you always had this bassinet? It could be the bassinet that is haunted not you. I am leaning that your sleep paralysis amd sleep walking are medical problems. I don't feel that those are related to your paranormal experiences. Some of them may be but for the most part no.

If you get rid of the bassinett maybe that little boy will go away. I wonder why he looks scary and I wonder why he being mean to her. If he is a little boy and he needs to move on now. Tell him to go into the light. You don't have a demon, you just have a creepy ghost boy. I wonder if he is related to you in some way because in all honesty he isn't really hurting you. I think that you need to be strong, call upon some white light, and tell him to move on. I would also get rid of the bassinet.
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
To alandhopewell:
I went to add a + to your comment - but it came up as a negative - don't know why it did that - but just wanted you to know that I totally agree with your comment.

To Jackie: you are getting some really good advice.
GhostHunter2011 (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
i read the story I thought it was really freaky but it was also very good

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: