You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Something Followed Me

Real Ghost Stories

Something Followed Me

 

In 2017 my mom, dad and I, went to a family gathering in Graal-Muritz (a small german city on the coast of the Baltic sea).

We visited my mom's aunt, who lived in the house my grand-grand-parents built in the early 20th Century.

My story begins on the start of our trip. We arrived at the house and everything felt normal. We wanted to say hello and entered through the kitchen door when I started to get a sound in my head. It was like a tinnitus but not very loud. I never had or have something like that. I didn't think about it as a bad sign or something. The sound got louder when I got to one of the bedrooms. You have to go through that to reach another smaller bedroom, where the cousin of my mother changed her clothes. When I was at this room, the smaller one, the sound was so loud I had to leave! The way back in the kitchen is about 3 meters, so not a big distance, but it got quieter to every room and finally turned off when I was out of the house. Even at this point, I didn't think that this would be something special.

So we celebrated the gathering and stayed overnight in the guest house, a newer building next to the house.

Still everything felt normal until the point I was back at my home. I lived alone with my cat in a small flat. A small hall, kitchen, bathroom, living room and bedroom. I seperated from my ex boyfriend half a year before and he kept 2 of our 3 cats and the dog (that is important for this story).

I remember that from this day on, I had troubles sleeping well. Not more nightmares than normal, but no tight sleep anymore.

One day, I think it was 3 or 4 weeks after the family gathering, I took care of the dog for a few days. I was in my bedroom, where at this point my PC and desk were. The dog laid next to me on the bed, when suddenly he begins to growl in to the darkness of the room. He looked at the top of the room, right into nothing. I didn't see anything but he kept growling. That was one of the things that happened and from this point on I felt watched in my bedroom.

Around that time, my cat got sick. Every time I have a depressive phase in my life, he gets one too and begins to scratch himself so much he loses hair and starts to bleed. But that time, it was even worse. He regularly sleeps next to me in my bed on his pillow and cuddles a lot. He sleeps on that pillow on day too. But than, he didn't want to sleep in the bed anymore. But that wasn't enough. He didn't wanted to be in the bedroom! I even picked him up but when he touched the floor of the bedroom he ran out into the next room and looked at me from there. He felt even worse, everywhere where he was, he left bloody stains from all the scratching. For me the feeling of being watched got stronger. I started to sleep in the living room. Closed the door to the bedroom and moved my PC from there. I just entered the room, to get my clothes and change. I got more and more depressive, my cat starts to sleep in the bathroom and stayed there over day.

I never saw something. I just felt like something was there and watched me. It made me depressive and my cat sick and we both felt worse day to day.

But it stopped. My ex boyfriend moved together with his now fiancee who is allergic and I got my other two cats back. (I wasn't mad he kept them or missed them, he kept them because they were too much for me at that time and I was allowed to see them whenever I wanted). One of them is a very small female black cat. She is a very special cat. When they arrived she ran into the bedroom and stayed there one whole day and overnight. From this point on, I could sleep in that room again. I felt better and my cat got healthy again! I didn't felt watched and the dog acted normal when he stayed at my place.

I think my black cat scared away whatever followed me. (There are other non paranormal related stories to that cat, that shows how special she is.)

BACKSTORY: I talked to my mother about that. She told me that in the room where the voice was the loudest, my grand-grandmother lived the last years before her death. She suffered a lot and even died in that room. I don't think that she was the bad thing that followed me, but I think that maybe something entered that place that was full of bad energy and death. Maybe the bad thing noticed my bad situation and followed me. I don't know but I definitely think, that what happened was paranormal.

Sorry for my English, my native language is German...

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FrauFluff, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-15)
Don't worry your English is fine. Just one part when you mentioned you could not 'tight sleep' meaning cannot go into deep sleep anymore?
I'm glad about this: I felt better and my cat got healthy again! I didn't felt watched and the dog acted normal when he stayed at my place.
I think my black cat scared away whatever followed me.
--- Glad no harm came to your animals, I saw a US true story in which the evil entity killed the pets

😘 Gruesome and spelt danger for all of them
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-06-22)
I have had six black or black and white cats in my time and I adore them. I heard somewhere that black cats were believed to be able to frighten away evil spirits. Granted, I can't point to where I heard or read it but, just the same, I figured it was worth the mention - as they seem to have always served me quite well in that respect ❤
chaos2 (10 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-06-11)
You're special cat is awesome, she should have kittens that should inherit whatever talent she has.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-02)
Fraufluff,

It's pretty scary when that hapoens. My TV has a mind of it's own and switches Channel from time to time and goes into sleep mode a lot.

You've come to the right place. I had some awesome advice from members here on YGS.

Have a read of some of the comments on my thread or wait until the members approach you.

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=26063

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Miandra

😘 ❤ 😘
FrauFluff (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-06-01)
Edit: I forgot about an important thing that happened to that time.
When my computer was still in the sleeping room it got a malfunction and just turn off randomly. That was technically. But one day, I was in the living room, I heard that it turned itself on. The lights were on and it just started itself!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: