You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Dream of a Screaming Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Dream of a Screaming Shadow

 

One night while I was sleeping, I had a very strange dream. I was dreaming about a very annoying guy I used to go to school with. My dream consisted of many flashes of images of me talking to him and being very annoyed like always. At the end of the dream, I was holding a cake at my senior all night party and I was standing in a crowd of people, I was trying to find a place to set this very heavy cake down. When I thought I had finally found a place to set the cake dow,n the very annoying guy was standing in my way.

I shouted to him, telling him to move but he wouldn't, so I continued shouting at him, telling him how fed up I was with him. He had been bugging me all night and I was sick of it. But he just kept on, he told me he couldn't move because he just couldn't and that was that.

Just when I thought I was going to drop the cake all over the floor, a shadow appeared behind me and gave out this shrill harsh scream, it consisted of a series of screams and grunts that I still can't describe very well.

I woke up right then and couldn't move, I tried to move my feet and kick, but I couldn't I tried to turn my head and see what it was but I could hardly breath. I moved my eyes slightly to try and see what it was, but all I saw was a shadow. I couldn't hear my own thoughts or anything beside the screaming, then I began to breath heavily to try and hear my self and after a few seconds, I could move again.

After that, I felt like something was following me, and I couldn't stop thinking about what happened. Things have calmed down a bit since then but it's still not the same as it was.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aubrey89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
Hi,
I agree with redone1867, it might just be sleep paralysis.
OregonPS (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
I agree with some of the others. A spirit like this often will choose a time of sleep to attempt to communicate through images, and sounds. This is prime time because your mind is in a state if rest, and is more open to suggestion or manipulation. The daily distraction of sight, noise, smell, touch, ie the physical world around us doesn't influence us much when asleep. You really should look up your friend, perhaps he is communicating a message and has passed on. Or perhaps your sub conscience is trying to convey something.
BlackRose77 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
I've actually had an experience very similar to this one. Only the screams came out of large speakers and I couldn't open my eyes until I basically forced them ope. And just like even after that I still heard screaming. Very scary 😕
chocolatemad10 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
you should try going and getting in touch with the man to see if he is still living as he may be haunting you for something you did to him or he could be tring to contact you to warn you 😕
Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear Aubrey89,

Your dream is very interesting, have you ever contacted your annoying friend to see if he is still alive? Or it could be an evil spirit inhabbiting your house and bringing back your worst memories. Have you ever had your house blessed?

I myself have had some bad dreams. Back in 2006, I met this girl in my school and soon we became fierce rivals for influence in school. One night I had a dream of her, holding a bloody butchers knife she chased me around what looked like the halls of my school. It was wierd and scary, I also woke up very exhausted and drowsy. The ironic thing is, the following year in 2007, I gave her a bouquet of roses during Valentine's Day and asked her to be my valentine. To this day, I don't know what drove me to do that.

Back to your story, you could be dealing with the infamous beings called shadow people. If so, I advise you cleanse your house immediately.

Thank you for sharing your story. God bless, deus vobiscum and take care. You and your situtation will be in my prayers.

Sincerely,

Francois
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
Dear Aubrey89,

That was a very good story and I have read many like that and those are very scary but not as scary as this one!

Good luck x

Princess123 x
SADA_OSEGUERA (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
shadows? Shadows are weird. Just this morning I had woken up to find out I was paralysed and felt as if something was on top of me and had this scarry alerting precense of me being wathced 😨 and then few seconds later I slowly got up and my heart was beating fast but at the end of all this I thought nothing of it and forgot about it. Weird huh?
SADA_OSEGUERA (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
shadows? Shadows are weird. Just this morning I had woken up to find out I was paralysed and felt as if something was on top of me and had this scarry alerting precense of me being wathced 😨 and then few seconds later I slowly got up and my heart was beating fast but at the end of all this I thought nothing of it and forgot about it. Weird huh?
redone1867 (4 stories) (37 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-12)
things will never be the same again. The cake sybolizes a heavy burden in your life and the guy is the obstacle in your way of letting go of the burden. The screaming shadow can either be a warning to be wary of a situation like this or your frustration.
lisa

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: