You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Man on my Back

Real Ghost Stories

Man on my Back

 

One night when I was about to go to sleep and my lights turned off, I didn't think much of it so I just brushed my teeth and laid on my bed. I watched some TV before going to sleep. It was late around 2 in the morning, so I turned off my tv and fell asleep. Usually I like to sleep on my stomach, I don't know why, but I do.

So maybe an hour or two later, I felt someone lean their weight on my back and I couldn't breath. My dad is a heavy guy so I thought it might be him telling me to get up or something. So I tried to turn around and tell him to get off, but I couldn't move, I couldn't breath and I was really cold and-scared. Nothing scares me, but I was scared so I laid there maybe about a minute, then I got the strength to turn around. When I did, there was nothing but footsteps around my room, I heard them. I was scared out of my mind, I didn't know what to do, I tried to shout to my mom or my dad, but I was speechless, nothing came out of my mouth when I tried to shout.

When it all ended, I ran into my parents bedroom, petrified, speechless and cold. To this day I haven't told them why their 15 year old son ran into their bedroom like a 6 years old girl.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Felix, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

samitta (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-11)
😁 niiice sory xD [love---Samittalolololololololololo I'm so scaredddd
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-09-29)
wow I am scared when someone jumps on me or lie's on me cause I'm only small and they would quash me. I don't blame you for screaming and running in your parents room when I do read stories about this it scares me I hope nothing like this does something like this to me. I have had a ghost walk through me that is all which is bad that has happned. Thanks for sharing your story with us. 😐
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-10)
Hey Felix, I think that it's sounds a bit like sleep pararlysis, no, it does sound like sleep paralysis. I have heard of many people who have experienced this and it's not uncommon. Although, I do have to say that the way to put this story does sound quite skeptical. Come on, you have to admit that everyone's afraid of something, even you. Like Martin said, I'm not just going to assume that your story is made-up because everyone has their own way of putting things. And, I'm not trying to be rude, ok?
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-09)
Wow you guys are pretty hard on him, it seems rather random to me since it's not the most unbelievable story in here. I mean, it looks to me like a variation of the Old Hag Syndrome and Sleeping Paralysis. Some people may not want to participate in the comments section because they can't bother signing up or other reasons. I personally don't bother helping them either ;) Doesn't mean their story are automatically false though.
BaD (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-09)
I agree with Shane and Enchantee.
I think he's a fan of the site and just felt a bit left out and came out with an easy enough story. You hear things like this from people who really just want some attention. Too bad.
Sorcha (59 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-09)
Hi Felix,
The heavy weight on you sounds like sleep paralysis. Perhaps something similar but less frightening has happened to you.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-09)
Sorry I have a hard time with stories where the authors do not want to participate in the discussions. Have found in the past it usually means the story doesn't hold water. I leave these to our resident critic Enchantee to handle.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: