You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dancing Shadows Around Me

Real Ghost Stories

Dancing Shadows Around Me

 

On summer nights I tend to stay up later than midnight. But I'm afraid to do that now.

This one night I had just got done hanging with a friend. I was painting/colouring in my room and I tried to fall asleep around 1 or 1:30. When I turned off my light I saw about 5 shadows running around my room. Ever since I was 11 I feel like I can easily see shadow people.

I sat up looking around my room with a confused face. Then I saw a lighter shadow and a darker shadow circling me and my bed. I've never seen this before. I was a little freaked but I didn't leave my room.

After a while it seemed that one shadow stayed and stared at me at the end of my bed. I stared at it, expecting it to move like usual, but it stayed. The other lighter shadow seemed to circle me and then stop on my bed. My bed's side is up against a wall. It seemed like it was sitting against the wall smiling at me... I turned on a light and I saw the same thing. I sat there for a while, wondering if they would go away, but they didn't. I tried to turn off my light and go to sleep. But then I felt like there was a hand reaching up my body, but I didn't move because I wasn't afraid and I wanted to see if it was just me being paranoid. Nothing really happened besides that at that moment.

Every time I had almost fallen asleep I felt like I was being pushed on my leg, which woke me up. Or I would hear something really close to my ear. I'm a side sleeper so it was the ear that wasn't against the pillow. I don't really know what I heard, just some kind of movement really close to my ear. I ended up leaving my room for about 20 minutes, but I woke my parents up so I had to try to go back to sleep. Eventually I did, probably only getting about 3 hours of sleep at the most.

Throughout all of this, I wasn't really as afraid as I thought I would've been. Because I've never clearly seen or felt something like that. But, maybe I was just really tired and scared so I could've been paranoid.

What does everyone think?

Other hauntings by Nephele

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nephele, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Jav: well it's hard to explain if you don't see them yourself.
They're a misty outline. A misty outline is the best way I can describe it.

And yes they did stay in the same position and did the same things when I turned the lights on. That's why I was surprised.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-19)
Nephele,
I don't know if I understood your description correctly.
"When I turned off my light I saw about 5 shadows running around my room."
"Then I saw a lighter shadow and a darker shadow circling me and my bed."
"After a while it seemed that one shadow stayed and stared at me at the end of my bed."
"The other lighter shadow seemed to circle me and then stop on my bed."
"It seemed like it was sitting against the wall smiling at me... I turned on a light and I saw the same thing."
Do you mean that the shadows remaining as they were when the lights were off, were still visible as shadows once you turned the lights on? And you sat there staring at the shadows as they stared back at you?
Can you please explain what you mean by "shadows"?

Jav
PartyGoat (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-18)
Just, if it happens, ask what they want or ask if you can help them. Really if something happens like that, they really want to talk to you. Or just make you paranoid, then you can just ignore them or say that they need to go away
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
yea for some reason I don't think shadow people are long gone human beings...
I don't know what they are.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Wow, sounds like you have some really annoying spirits in your room. Perhaps seeing the shadows lead you to believe that the other events happened to you. Only you would know if it was in your imagination. However, it sounds like the spirits don't really want you to sleep. I wonder why they are bugging you so much. I would pay attention to the comments that come after mine, you will probably get some advice on how to get rid of them, if you really want to. The haunting doesn't seem demonic. People use that word too much. It just seems like a small group of pesky little ghosts who want to bug you. People will tell you to try and communicate with them. They'll tell you to stand your ground and tell them to go away. Some people will tell you to cleanse the house with various methods. I think you should contact a ghost hunting group. I mean, if your haunting is really that prevalent. If you see them all the time, maybe a person you meet in real life can empathize and help you out. It's better that way I think. Having human to human contact, working together to solve a problem.
amy111 (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
these shadows are maybe playing around you and trying to maybe be paranoid

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: