You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Shadows In My Dreams

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows In My Dreams

 

First I'd like to say sorry I haven't submitted in awhile, it's really hard to get a story in on this site.

The first dream was a month ago. (6/4)

My school was putting on a Halloween play. When I woke up I had "This is Halloween" stuck in my head too. In this play a hearse was supposed to go by at one point. A bunch of freaky looking Dead people/ghosts were supposed to pop up as it passed the audience. They were all covered by hay, for some reason. My friend Mike was supposed to be a hat man, which was easy because he always wears a fedora. As we were walking him down to the hearse, across the stage, (the room was really dark with only the stage lights on) we could see his shadow on the wall. When we were almost to the hearse, the shadow of his hat came up next to another shadow of a hat on the wall... But this one belonged to a real shadow man. My sister was calm and Mike freaked out. That was when I woke up.

Now, when I had this dream the lights in my room were actually off, and when I woke up I remember seeing something on the wall before turning my lights on in panic. I've heard from some people on this site that if you see shadow people in dreams then there could be one actually watching you as you sleep. It was also around 3-4ish when I woke up, which is a time where many sightings of hat men/shadow people are reported.

The second dream was more recent, on 7/7.

Basically my sister and I were in a motel and every time we'd try to go outside there were just more hallways filled with mist. Occasionally strange shadows would pass across the walls... My sister had to drive our van and ended up crashing it into a room where a girl was being roasted to death. As soon as she died a bunch of shadow children started creeping along the wall and as soon as they disappeared a larger shadow person appeared, which I assumed was their parent. The wall they were walking on was sunny. When I woke up from this dream it was 5 AM.

I'm still really obsessed and fascinated with shadow people like before, in the past story I wrote. The only time I ever sleep with my lights off is if my girlfriend is with me, and even then I feel very uneasy looking at the dark wall-- I also keep an iPod charger plugged in at all times, so when it's dark it creates a patch of light on the wall across from my bed. When I'm alone I don't like to have my back to that wall because it feels very empty; yet in a Way that I believe something is watching me and is out to get me.

Could they be in my room, watching me as I Sleep?

Please tell me if anything like this has ever happened to you.

Other hauntings by ChemicalChaos

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChemicalChaos, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nehkra (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
So far as I know, shadow people are fairly benign and NOT maligment. Most people hype them up to be evil or signs of something bad about to happen because they are called "shadow" people. I constantly see shadow people and frankly most of the time they usually appear at night and they act as if they are forming a shield around me. It could be that this particular shadow person is trying to protect you in someway, but just isn't sure how. You need to talk to it, tell him that he is making you uneasy and that you would appreciate it if he did not enter your dream zone. Normally this is all it takes to get a shadow person to back off.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Speaking from experience, welbutrin can cause the most terrifying ungodly horrifically REAL dreams that some people can experience! These dreams can continue for several months after discontinuing the medications. I don't even consider them dreams. I called them "sleep hallucinations". Welbutrin is prescribed also to help smokers quit their habits. I tried, but after one month of having incredibly bizarre sleep hallucinations, sh/t canned the meds and decided NEVER to quit smoking if this side effect was the result! What you are experiencing isn't visitation, OBE's, or anything paranormal. It's a common abnormal side effect of crappy greedy pharmaceutical companies and the greed of modern physicians. I've experienced all if the above, and it's just my humble opinion, but if you give your body a chance to revert back to it's normal pre-welbutrin state the dreams should stop soon.
ChemicalChaos (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
I take no medications. I stopped in March this year... I was on Prozac and then Welbutrin for depression. However I am much better off without them, though I still have some depression issues... I do not play any scary video games; just tame things like Nintendo and Square Enix stuff...
girlwithagift (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
ok being 11 (nearly 12) you probably won't read this or believe what I say but I'm a phycic telepathic kid and dreams often mean something I sense you arr scared of many things but often forget they arn't real your dream is your soul trying to explain your fear is just a well play its fake put your in it a dream with in a dream so to speak so please don't worry and god protect your soul in heaven earth and beyond ~ Amy x
Curiously-Scared (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
I'm fairly certain that our dreams are a product of our thoughts, experiences, random things we've seen, heard,etc. I too have very vivid and many times scary and/or morbid dreams. Just last night I dreamt that I had an altercation with a girl and somehow pulled a large part of her spine out. Later in the dream there was a woman who had a still-born child and her family and friends cheered. I didn't understand why they were happy until I saw them preparing a soup with the corpse being the main ingredient. It was a horrible dream, so vivid I could smell death. I cannot even begin to explain where this awful and disturbing dream came from, sometimes they're just out there like that. But in general, if you spend many waking hours thinking about, studying about, or even just being frightened about shadow people... I'm sure you would dream about them often. I don't think it has anything to do with the paranormal though, but I could be wrong! Thank you for sharing, keep us updated. Wishing you all the best and hopefully sweet dreams!
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
Super detailed realistic dreams, oh the fun. I wish I had some answers, but the best I want to ask is... Your not playing an "horror" video games or watching strange movies, like J-Horror are you? Reason: in both of your dreams I reconize items from various video games and movies. I'm a advid fan of games like Silent Hill & movies like Ringu. When I really get into a good one, I'll have ultra realistic dreams in the same "style" as the game/movie. But this doesn't always explain them as I've had dreams like your as long as I can remember: very realistic and creapy/freaky as heck.
What a few of the others mentioned about certain mediciations is correct: when I took seraguil, that gave me true nightmares unlike I had had since my young childhood.
Hope you can learn something about your dreams, maybe your subconscience (sp) is trying to teach you something, but you have yet to learn it's methods. Good luck and hopefully pleasant dreams.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
I, too, had weird, vivid dreams. Always have. I wouldn't worry too much about it, though they can be terrifying when they happen.

If your wall is too empty, might I suggest hanging a poster, a tapestry, some artwork, a photo - something like that?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
I agree with the posters that take medince Like Chapion say about Paxil I take that too and it can make you have a dreams like bacchaegrl say crazy dreams some are real some are not but just a dreams like your eyes just you thought you seeing something and of course dream too and yeah when read or watch tv/movie cause cause you dreaming too...
Diskonnekted-X (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
I don't want to make you feel uneasy or anything but it is possible that a spirit is trying to get in contact with you and they may only be able to do this when you are at rest and sleeping. The spirits could also make you feel frightened and uncomfortable because sometimes it may be the only way to get your attention.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
I take a lot of medications too! And boy, I have the craziest, most vivid dreams out there. I take five meds for various brain issues. They can really make your sleep cycle go crazy! That's a very good point, champion!
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
I doubt that your on any meds if your still in school but I take some for depression (paxil) and blood pressure medicine that make me have very vivid dreams that if I wake from the dream it still feels surreal strong enough that I've woke up crying if the dream was bad or hitting something if I'm fighting or being afraid if its scary. Tell us if there is more going on.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
Sounds like you have scary dreams that reflect your interests. I think I see things all the time when I wake up during the night, but I know it's never paranormal. You may just be a nightmare type of person. It doesn't really sound like anything is out to get you. I read about ghosts and aliens and I dream about ghosts and aliens. It's just the way it goes. Dreams can to weird things to people.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: