You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Hat Man And Little Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Hat Man And Little Girl

 

I was spending the night at my girlfriend's house. I woke up to get a snack around 3 AM. Her house is EXTREMELY dark at night, to where you can't see a thing. I'm always a little scared to be over there, because I have an intense fear of the paranormal, and she is connected to them.

When she was little she had an imaginary friend named "Pyrgus," and he turned out to be a ghost who still speaks to her. Her mother also had numerous brushes with ghosts.

Her bedroom is at the end of a hall which leads out to the kitchen, and I was already feeling paranoid as I walked down that hall, which is, again, incredibly dark. When I got to the kitchen I was reaching for a plate when I saw a shadow on the wall. I knew this was a shadow man because, well, it was a human shaped shadow about 6 feet tall wearing a fedora. I was so freaked out I returned to my girlfriend's bedroom and got into bed.

She has two beds, and we were sharing a bed. I happened to look over near her other bed, as my eyes always scan over a room to make sure nothing's watching me. She has a chair near the second bed, and on that chair sat a little girl, again made of shadows. Up until now I always thought that shadow people were restricted to the male gender, and that all the stories involving shadow females were false, but now I know it to be true. Both the man and the girl did nothing, simply watched me until I realized they were there.

I know a lot about shadow people, I spend a lot of time doing research on them, because they interest me a lot. I feel drawn to them and obsessed with them, yet they are my greatest fear. I Sleep with my lights on every night to where the electricity bill has gone up 50 dollars because I DO NOT want to see another one.

My girlfriend and I always have lengthy conversations about ghosts and why we see them. Although the shadow people were at her house, she does not believe in them. She claims that if she saw one she would not be scared, in fact, she would try to give it a hug. I, on the other hand, am terrified.

What I want to know is, am I seeing shadow people because I am so interested in them? Literally, I spend half my time on the computer on this website reading people's shadow experiences, looking for stories to freak me out, and trying to figure out just what they are.

Other hauntings by ChemicalChaos

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChemicalChaos, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
bacchaegrl~ Just a thought about your hat question, I wonder if so many wear hats because of the era they passed on from, and in that case the theories here that shadow form is a level of manifestation, that maybe depending on the era of their passing will explain why they can manifest as much (or as little) as they can, as in a 1800's era spirit can manifest itself a lot clearer than a spirit from the 1950's?

Random thought from the hat comment, hopefully it made sense 😁
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
I've read many accounts of a hatted shadow man. I wonder why so many of them wear hats? I've never heard that shadow people could only be males. Sounds rather sexist if you ask me. Girl spirits have every right to be a shadow person as boy spirits. 😜 Does researching the shadow world help with your fear? If it doesn't I would stop, just because you might "see" other things, things you don't want to see and things that may not even be there.
Louise21 (3 stories) (33 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
If the place was as dark as your describing how did you see a shadow...? If your as terrified as you say maybe it was your mind playing tricks on you.?
Boombox (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
I so identified with this story. I love Shadow People, they're so interesting to me. I spend a lot of time reading about encounters with them as well. But, I've never seen one. I agree with Miracles about how random objects can cast eerie shadows in a variety of shapes. I do think that your initial reaction would be "OMG A SHADOW MAN!" because they're on your mind frequently but if it truly wasn't one your logic/intuition would then kick in and you would realize what was really causing the trick of the light. I always say that your gut knows for sure.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
Personally,I'm on the fence about whether or not shadow people are anything other than another form ghosts can take. I find it interesting that a person can be both fearful and fascinated at the same time. I wonder if since you have never exhibited paranormal sensitivity before, that your heightened emotional state played a role?
ChemicalChaos (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
[at] Miracles51031: I really hope I didn't actually see one. However, just last night I had a dream about one and I am going to post it on here ASAP.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
ChemicalChaos - Javelina covered the shadow people, so I want to talk about you.

You asked if you are seeing them because you are so interested in them, searching for them on the net to freak yourself out. Your girlfriend lives in a house with a ghost. These three things alone have already set the stage for you to "see" a shadow person. You want to see one. You're doing everything you can to see one. I'm not suggesting that your girlfriend doesn't have a ghost in her home. I'm not saying you didn't experience something there.

What I'm saying is: sometimes our mind creates things that aren't there. Especially shadows. I'll soon be 46 and I have night lights in every room in my home for that very reason. I have ghosts in my home. Have had ghosts since I was a child, but I don't like the dark.

Here's something you could try, if you can. I did this with both of my kids because I didn't want them to be afraid of the dark. When they would say they saw something in their room, I'd go lay down with them and look at the "shadow" and we'd then try and figure out what was casting that shadow. It's amazing the things in a room that can create a "shadow person." You would not believe how a chair and a window, not even close together, can blend and make a shadowman.

Like I said, I'm not saying you didn't experience anything. I'm just offering another option.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
ChemicalChaos,
There are so many opinions concerning shadow people that I find it hard to decide which one I identify with myself.
However, by mentioning the shadow girl, it puts me in mind of the theory that says they just haven't found a way to fully manifest yet, so they either show up as a shadow or a misty white even.
But then there is the theory that shadow people are another phenomenon all together. That theory also holds water. Which brings about the question of how to tell them apart. And that is way beyond my knowledge. But it would be nice to know, don't you agree?

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: