You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Female Voices, An Apparition, Black Orbs And More 2

Real Ghost Stories

Female Voices, An Apparition, Black Orbs And More 2

 

Continuation of Female Voices, An Apparition, Black Orbs and More:

The next incidents happened in June of this year. The first incident happened when I was preparing to take a shower. I walked into the hall bathroom and turned the light on. Just after I did this, a small black object a little larger than a typical fly flew towards me. Then, quickly turned around and flew toward the wall at the far side of the tub. I thought it was a bug and that I had just lost sight of it. So, I shrugged it off as nothing unusual. Thinking back, I didn't hear the typical buzzing sound that a fly or something slightly larger would make at close proximity. Anyway, a similar event occurred a few days later. This time it happened in a different bathroom. I was taking care of business on the toilet when I suddenly heard a few "pings" (for lack of a better word). They came from my left and slightly behind me. It sounded as if something was bumping into the wall behind the toilet and the outer part of the cabinet under the sink. I looked over thinking, "what the heck?" and didn't see anything. So, I finished my business and got up to wash my hands.

As I moved over to the sink, I saw this same sort of black object fly from about the height of the counter up and toward the window on the opposite wall. Rather than turn around, I kept an eye on it through the large mirror above the sink. It flew right through the blinds as if they weren't there! Seriously! It didn't struggle to find a space between the slats. It just went right through in a straight line from where it had come from on the opposite side of the room! I was thinking to myself, "That couldn't have been a bug! I've never seen a bug fly straight through closed blinds without struggling to find a way between the slats!" Again, I didn't hear any noise; save the "pings" against the hard, solid surfaces. No buzzing sound and no sound of a bug hitting the window panes trying to find a way out. I even looked behind the blinds and didn't see a bug. I'm thinking that in both cases it was some sort of black orb. I'm guessing that it passed right through the wall at the far end of the tub the first time as I didn't see or hear any sort of bug while I was in the shower. I think I really startled it the second time and that's why it bumped into things trying to find a place to hide. Then, it quickly flew out of the house when it thought it was safe to do so. That's my take. What do you think?

The only other thing that could be construed as remotely paranormal is that I've often felt a negative "vibe" in my current home. I wasn't really attuned to it until after I had been on the RIGHT anti-depressant/anxiety medication for a while. Some just didn't work for me. Others worked, but had bad side effects. Let's just say that I won't be taking Wellbutrin ever again! OK. I'll say it before you do! Yes, some anti-depressant/anxiety meds can cause hallucinations. And, yes, I did have some while I was on Wellbutrin. Fortunately, they only occurred while I was in sort of a "twilight" state in between being awake and asleep. Now, you're going to say, "Well, that explains all of the voices and such!" No. It doesn't. I was only on Wellbutrin for 4-5 months. That was back in 2008. I have had NO hallucinations before or since.

Let's see... Where was I? Oh yeah, negative "vibes". I became aware of these over the past couple of years. I would feel depressed or angry for no reason. So, one day about a year to year and a half ago I decided to call out firmly telling any spirits, energy, etc that were causing me to feel unnecessarily depressed or angry that they were not welcome in my home and to leave. I did this in the master bedroom upstairs and the living room downstairs. I said it quite firmly and with conviction. It seemed to work. I have felt these negative "vibes" once or twice since then. I simply performed the same actions and they were gone. Also, to be on the safe side, I did it again after seeing those 2 black orbs. Knock on wood (my official disclaimer to prevent something from happening), everything has been fine up to present.

Actually, there is one more thing. I went on a ghost tour in Williamsburg in June 2010. I took quite a few pictures. I posted the most interesting ones in one of my blogs (http://progthinker.blogspot.com/2010/06/is-colonial-williamsburg-really-haunted.html). Since I have pretty thorough descriptions and such in the blog entry, I won't repeat them here. Most of the pictures contain orbs. I know that many of you question orbs because they could be dust, bugs, etc. I urge you to take a look at them and decide for yourself. Please feel free to leave comments on the pictures both here and in the blog. Even if you assume all of the orbs are dust or bugs, there are still a few things I caught in which I have no explanation; especially the "ribbon of light".

I think that just about wraps up my paranormal experiences up to the date of this post. I hope to have many more to tell over the coming years. I think that the more I read and the more I learn I'll be more comfortable with the idea of being visited and the spirits will be more comfortable making their presence known.

Other hauntings by TruthInDarkness

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TruthInDarkness, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-22)
Knock on wood, I haven't seen any black orbs since I wrote about them. Yes, there have definitely been a number of stressful days over the past few years. I do seem to have better control over things more recently; about the past year or so especially. I'll check out that other person's experience. Thanks for the link.
PhenoBarbiDoll (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Yes there are such things as black orbs and just as not all orbs are paranormal - not all orbs can be explained logically and scientifically either.

Black orbs seem to be seen more by the naked eye than caught on camera or video as lighter orbs are. Many interpret black and brown orbs as a sign the area is an unsafe place full of negative energy. Which is kind of weird considering the fact that you mentioned you had experienced 'negative' vibes in the home. People also believe black orbs are associated with or feed off of highly stressful emotions such as grief, anger, fear, depression etc and tend to manifest more or stronger and be near or almost directly on the person when feeling these emotions. Of course, if these are in any way negative, you asserting yourself and claiming your home as your own and telling them they aren't invited will always be a great start to getting them out and seems it worked thus far which usually points to a more negative energy. If things start up again or get worse, you can always cleanse your home etc. I do highly believe your odd and un-warranted feelings of anger and depression were being caused by these 'black orbs' and it seems you've done a good job at subduing them.

If you want a really good article full of great information and detailed experience with black orbs posted by a member of another site and others sharing their experiences of these black orbs - go here: http://www.showmeghostswest.com/comment.php?comment.news.9

Thanks for sharing! I wish you the best of luck:)

P.s -...where is this story of you mentioning seeing the image of a hideous creature? I might as well just ask here - did the creature look almost Goblin like and did anything else occur around the time of seeing this 'creature'?
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
taz890 - Yeah, the black orbs were strange. I haven't seen them since; could be a good thing. Your point about the voices is a good one too. The only one that I don't understand is hearing my mom's voice. I was 100% awake at the time and not in bed.

I have had a couple things happen recently that I cannot explain. The first one occurred when I was lying in bed one evening. My wife and I had just been talking. Then, she went to the restroom. I think I might of dozed for a few minutes and woke to something that sounded a bit like someone whistled. It was weird though. It was kind of a hybrid sound. Something between a zipper being zipped and someone whistling (not a tune, more as to get someone's attention). The sound seemed to come from my immediate right. From my perspective lying in bed, I was on the right hand side. Anyway, my wife came out of the bathroom seconds later. I asked her if she whistled or had heard a whistle. She said no. She was wearing "night clothes" that had no zipper.

The next occurred when I fell asleep in the recliner downstairs. I had been asleep for almost an hour. I was awakened by a loud clap. I was immediately wide awake and heart pounding. I looked around, but no-one was there. As it turned out, my son was asleep and my wife was taking a bath. So, it definitely wasn't either of them. The only thing I noticed out of place was a empty paper plate on the floor. That thing would have to have fallen with some serious force to make a clap as loud as the one I heard! Besides, it had been sitting sturdily on a table top earlier. I'd estimate that the clap was about as loud as a balloon popping less than a foot away. I have no logical explanation for it.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
well t/i/d I saw your question and popped over to check out your stories.

I have to agree with you on the points you make~
The voices calling you to get your attention could have had something to do with the sleep apnea even before you knew you had it.

As for your black orbs, no idea never heard of black ones but will say if a bug or fly does get close even for a few seconds you can tell its a bug/fly you see the wings/legs whatever but you know what it is so I doubt you saw a bug/fly.

As for having to take the meds that's out of the window too!
These things you have mentioned happened before and after taking the meds so they can not have played any part in what you have seen.

Interesting storys all the same thanks for adding them
Carl
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Daz - Thanks for your comment. It is unnerving what your imagination can stir up sometimes. Wellbutrin definitely pulled an number on me! I was lying in bed one night. It was probably about a week after I started taking Wellbutrin. Once I got into that "twilight" state, I hallucinated that I was shaking uncontrollably and that there were cracks in my skin with light shining from them. Within the hallucination, my wife stood over me with her hands on my shoulders asking if I was OK. I know it was merely a hallucination because I finally got the nerve to ask her about it a month later. Honestly, I was unsure whether or not some of the stuff had actually happened. She told me that I didn't shake in reality; at least not enough to wake her up. I was thankful that it 1) did not really happen and 2) she did not witness it. It was scary for me. I can only imagine how it would have been for her.

Anyway, the hallucinations were generally much more benign after I had been on Wellbutrin for a while. However, I still opted to find a different medication because I didn't know how it would affect me in the long run. I'm glad I did because I eventually found medication that works quite well and has no noticeable side effects.

ILee - Yes, that is quite interesting. I can kind of make out what you see. I might actually try to take the original and re-enhance it with particular attention to bringing out more detail in that window. It's funny. I can actually see more of the figure now than I did when I originally enhanced it.

Champion - Yes, I do tend to be very open. Especially if I'm not sure how to identify what I saw. I try to describe things plainly while also letting you know what I think it might have been. Then, I let the reader decide for themselves. If I see anything more definitive in the future, especially if I'm fully awake when I see it, I'll describe it in as much detail as possible. In those cases, I might have a better understanding of what I saw; thus, I'd be more authoritative in my description. I am hoping that these relatively benign and plain stories are just the beginning. I want to encourage myself to see spirits and other entities. In a careful and gradual manner. I definitely don't want to rush things along or invite entities that I do not wish to have around me or my family. That's why I'm here. So, I can learn. That's also why I'm going to get books on astral travel and OBE. As well as other topics that will help me learn how to do and see things without being afraid.
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
TID- I have to say I don't think its the meds, I take anti-depressants and I've never seen anything but the reason I take them is for severe mood swings high to low throughout the day, It makes me wonder if my problem with the moods is from negative energy but what about the highs? I really like your openess about these things and believe you really saw something. Thanks

Champion
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
TruthInDarkness,

From your blog, the picture that you said "I see what might be the collar of a light colored shirt and, perhaps, the chin of a figure," to me, it looks like a woman in a victorian gown. Look at the picture for a moment... It looks like a woman in a high collared dress, puffy sleeves, with her hair pulled back in a bun. Do you see what I see?
PirateKaiza (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Ahhh... =w=

I don't know why, but Orbs never reach out at me as being "Paranormal" persay. I'm not sure why...

That picture with the paper looked strange, though.
Maybe run some more tests and experiments that differ from taking a few photos.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
I don't believe you were hallucinating T/I/D...although I do believe drugs can certainly cause them, but I also believe drugs can put us into a receptive psychic state of which I believe you were in... Those that start seeing fairies and yellow monsters, are the ones who can't cope or comprehend the realities meshing between two worlds brought on by chemicals affecting their brain the wrong way or vis versa and unfortunately there imagination creates some of their illusions... But not getting that impression here... I think you have too much validated with reason... Thanks for sharing.

Daz.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: