You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Annwn, The Otherside

Real Ghost Stories

Annwn, The Otherside

 

Have you ever heard of Astral projection? Or perhaps seen the movie the new movie Insidious? Well Astral projection is when the spirit leaves the body and you roam around in another realm. This most likely happens wile sleeping, this happens more often than though all around the world. Back in Wales we call this realm Annwn, which is the underworld in Welsh folklore.

I live America now and the street and town I live in is full of friendly people and always people rushing around people walking their dogs playing outside, walking to work, but in Annwn. I was falling asleep on Halloween night at around 3:00 am. I woke seconds later looking down at me self sleeping, then walked around the house, every body was sleeping. I grabbed my keys and walked out the door. A heavy fog was low to the ground a couple feet off the ground. I walked down my driveway and looked up and saw a passing couple, I waved but it seemed as though they looked right through me. There was something about them that seemed odd like I shouldn't be here, like it was full of lost or damned souls awaiting God's judgement.

I wandered down town and saw more people. I remember feeling intense sadness, and the feeling of dread or lostness. Some folk were around like they had nothing to do, some folk looked like as if they were mindless just staring into nothing. Dogs wandered the area, except the dogs didn't look like little Pembrokeshire Welsh Corgis or sheepdogs these were large, all black dogs. What scared we was their size, as big as a calf. When they turned in my direction I saw their yellow eyes gleaming like fire. I knew that was the Gwyllgi which is a demonic creature in Welsh folklore. I immediately thought of Ephesians chapter 6, and spoke it loudly and the creatures growled at me and took off into woods. Every figure around me stopped and stared at me, then went about their business.

A figure, the same Cornishman relative who I said appeared to me in many dreams and a few waking hours. He said "Get of here now!" "This is land of the Damned" He disappeared in smoke and words rang in my head "God is with you". It comforted me knowing this, so I got to my house finally and and walked in I heard a loud ear piercing screech/scream right out side my window, I looked out and saw a dark hooded figure in the shadows behind a tree. It stirred up fear in me like none other I've heard before. I quickly jumped into my body and woke right up, wide awake still hearing this loud ear piercing screech, I looked over at my dad who had fallen asleep in the chair across the room. His eyes wide open! Then next morning we both confessed the experience of hearing the loud ear piercing scream.

-This goes out to all the people that experiment with astral projection or leaving the body of some sort, Its much worse than the movie, Its bad news, don't do it!

Other hauntings by WelshmanTrezise

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WelshmanTrezise, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

tomtomjh1983 (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-04)
Not everyone you encounter in the ethereal world is that of deceased people. When people sleep they appear in this realm and are always completely dazed and unaware of any others presence.

You must show caution when traversing this realm, those that are deceased as well as non human entities will be aware that you are not in state of slumber and may react on such a realization. It's very dangerous to enter these places uninformed of what may reside in the shadows so learn how to protect yourself in the future.

Please be safe!
WelshmanTrezise (5 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
The more I ponder about it I don't think it may have been a bad dream, I don't know for sure if they were demons now, maybe lost souls, or maybe it wasn't astral projection, but its the closest thing I can tie it to that I know of. All I do now is that the spirit world and the physical world can blur, and the best time for you to pick up on it is when you are subconsious or in deep meditation.
WelshmanTrezise (5 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
Thanks guys for your thoughts and opinions and taking the time to tell me what you thought about it it helped alot. Though it felt like no dream when I was there lol. But I think you guys might be righ. But I know astral projection has happened even been practiced in my family as on my dads side atleast.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
Interesting story. Your mention of Welsh folklore reminded me of a game that I played a while back which was based on some of that folklore. It was called Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches. Since you are from Wales, the name of the game might be enough for you to know the story behind it. For those who are not familiar with Welsh folklore, I urge you to read this:

Http://www.mabinogion.info

It's truly fascinating stuff. The game is pretty average for games of that genre (adventure/strategy), but they definitely chose a great backing story.

To end with something a little more on topic, I just ordered a book called Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. That book only has a handful of reviews, but they're all positive. Plus, his other books get great reviews. So, I decided to buy it. I hope to learn how to have OOBE; both in this physical realm as well as the astral. That sort of stuff fascinates me. I'd be happy as a lark if astral projection helped answer just a few of life's questions --and allowed me to have a few adventures along the way.
GlidingAngel (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Sounds strangely similar to a book I read by James Herbert... Hmmmmm

😕 😕 😕
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
astral projection is not bad news and it is possible that you found yourself on a lower level vibration instead of the ones where your spirit guides are that will teach you things. I travel a lot when dreaming and I too end up in places that I am not supposed to be then I end up in places that I am supposed to be. It is not bad if someone knows what they are doing.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
WelshmanTrezise,

A very interesting experience. Though I think, as another individual has pointed out, that this was a nightmare and not a case of Astral Projection. The scream your Father heard may have been your own as you woke up from this 'bad dream'...for that matter the scream you heard may have been your own and that caused you to wake up.

It took me close to 3.5 years to learn how to Astral Project and then it still took 2 more years before I could do it 'at will'. You mention the movie 'Insidious'...and while it 'could' have been a really frightening story Hollywood 'botched' this one by trying to be 'to scary'.

Where to start... Oh here's a good point... You can't 'get lost' while Projecting yourself... The first thing I learned was that there is a 'cord' that tethers you to you physical body so that your spirit cannot separate from it... This cord allows you to return to your body from where ever you may wander. It's even there if you've 'Projected' in your sleep. The only way I know to 'sever' this cord is 'death' and a physical possession can not happen if an individual is 'dead'.

I could go on, but I'll leave it at that. Yes there is a chance you may have Projected yourself, but based on the information provided it sounds as if this experience was more of a dream and less of and actual Astral Projection.

Respectfully,

Rook
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
I do believe astral projection happens, and I do believe that sometimes we can end up in a lower vibration plane, but in general I don't think stumbling into a lower plane is a given outcome of astral projection. More of a fluke, than a common occurance.
This particular experience sounds more like a nightmare than an astral projection. A very realistic and frightening nightmare, but a nightmare all the same. Sorry.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
LOL bachchaegrl, I was thinking the same thing. When I read that the o/p grabbed the keys before leaving I thought, "how in the world are keys neccessary for astral projection"? 😆

WelshmanTrezise, this is a very interesting account of what you saw on your journey. I have never done it myself and to be honest quite scared out of my wits to try it. I saw Insidious and now I am POSITIVE I will never do it. I do know a couple of people who have done this and are quite skillful at it. Aussiedaz is one of them. He has an excellent story on here called "Night Demon, or Nightmare" I think you would enjoy the read. Thank you for posting. 😊
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Just one question. Did you really need your keys while astral projecting? You didn't really grab them did you? Were they astral keys? Are you sure this wasn't a dream?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Astral projection does not take you into the demon world. Other people here have had great experiences with the practice. I think you had a bad dream fueled by horror movies is all. Thanks for the story though.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
These kind of stories about other realms that exist alongside ours fascinate me. I have read similar ghost stories where the poster is walking down a street in their town and then everything is different; the colors are washed out or the day is dark and grey or no one is about or the people they run into are zombie-like. From reading these experiences and yours, it definitely seems as though Hell can look just like our hometown, only twisted and dark. It would make sense that evil, troubled or confused spirits would inhabit a place that mimics the area where they used to live. I think these otherworlds are, space-wise, right where we are. They exist at a lower vibration or frequency, like a radio station lower on the dial. For some reason, that night you lowered your frequency and traveled there, perhaps because Halloween is a time when it is said that the veils between the worlds lowers.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: