You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unwanted Guest

Real Ghost Stories

Unwanted Guest

 

My story takes place in Concord, NH the capital of the granite state. I was born and raised in this city and care very much about it. I spent my entire childhood and teenage years in an apartment on the 3rd floor of a 100 year old brick building. I was an atheist as well as my parents who are about four decades older than I am. We lived in that apartment quite happy for twenty years with nothing strange ever happening. That is until my girlfriend-now wife-moved in when we were 18 years old.

Like I said, I was an atheist and had always had been so I did not believe in ghosts or demons at all, but she was a Christian and made this known to all she came in contact with. I guess you could say she was a passionate Christian.

It all began with complaints from Krystal-my girlfriend-that she had woken up in the middle of the night like she always does, usually just for a minute or two before falling back asleep, but she looked to the doorway of my room and saw a very large black "blob". It was about the height of the doorway itself so about seven feet in height. It did not move or make a noise. She said that she was very scared and just pretended like it was not real and eventually feel asleep. I told her not to worry and that I had lived here my whole life and had never seen anything strange so she must have been seeing things, but that was not the case for much longer.

After she had been there for about a week we both began seeing things we could not understand. I started doing some Bible studies with her there and I was quite confident that I could debunk her religious beliefs. Little did I know that every time I participated it started to make a change in me. The more I thought about it the more happenings occurred in the house the very first thing I saw was a large white "blob" floating across the room almost thick in texture it moved very slowly through the room but for some reason instead of having a scared or bad reaction to it I felt very happy, even euphoric. I explained the event to Krystal and she said it sounded a lot like the thing that she saw but the one she had seen was dark and made her very scared.

A couple of weeks had passed and it seemed like the beings were getting more intense and more reoccurring. There were different feelings with each sighting either very good or very bad. One time while in my kitchen in the evening I went to go toward the hallway which lead to my bedroom and I very clearly saw the torso of a woman's body float by. It was dressed in a very vibrant old red dress, it was so vivid that I could make out every detail. I was so startled by the event that I ran to my parents and Krystal to make sure that none of them were wearing red and sure enough none of them were.

One afternoon Krystal and I were hanging out in my room when she saw a young man walk right through the room all dressed in white clothes that were about a century old in design. I did not see this for my back was turned to the boy. She said that as he walked by that he was smiling at her and then vanished through the wall. She told me that she was not scared it actually made her happy and did not want to scare whatever it was away.

Then one night around midnight, while watching TV in my room, when every one else in the house was sleeping I decided to go get a snack in the kitchen. This was not out of the ordinary for me, I had done done this almost every night in the past with nothing strange ever happening. I walked through the hall and stepped in to the kitchen. As soon as I had stepped foot through the kitchen I was overcome with an overwhelming sense of fear and dread that it tingled throughout my entire body. I turned on the light to see what was going on and there was nothing there. The fear and dread went away and I continued with my snack preparation, as I was doing so I felt as if there was something in the room behind me. The feeling returned stronger than before and I quickly turned around to see what was there not expecting to see anything. I just thought that I was a little creeped out which in it self was very unusual. As I turned around I saw what was there. It was an outline of a person but in an energy form I could make out clearly. The arms legs and head of the entity were clearly seen though. It just stood there looking at me, not moving. I could not move myself for I was paralyzed in fear it went on for what felt like hours but in reality it was just a minute or so.

It started coming at me while I was still paralyzed. When it went through me a felt ice cold energy go through my body. Just then I had an image in my head of Jesus and the only thing I could think to do was command the being out the the house in the name of Jesus. I was yelling at the top of my lungs some how not waking everyone in the house I told it that this is my house and its not welcome. Immediately after doing that the fear and dread was gone and everything was peaceful I hoped that this was the end of the events in my house but I was wrong.

One evening my parents were out and Krystal and I decided to have a bible study with our friend Steph. Half way through the study we began to hear a faint whistling in the living room at the other end of the apartment. We all stopped to listen thinking it was the TV on but we could hear the lower then the whistling and change between commercials. It was a old work tune that we did not recognize. We all were amazed at what we were hearing. The noise got louder and louder it went on for about five minutes going between the living room and the kitchen then suddenly, it stopped. At that very moment we all heard a veep deep loud voice say "go" we all panicked at what we had just experienced. My parents arrived home shortly there after and we told them about what had happened. The only thing we could figure is that it was good and bad spirits battling in the apartment because she was religious and was trying to convice me about the Christian faith.

I am now Christian because of different events that have happened, which is another story. But thank you for listening I hope you all enjoy

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, russellelder, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

othershadows101 (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-17)
ok well I'm 14 so I would be very scared and I am a christian to so the loud go was weird but my aunt got pushed down the stairs once and she said she felt a hand on her back weird huh your story was very intense a battle between good and bad I think the bad spirit was the one who said go and the white was a angel and the dark was a demon and the white is protecting you and the bad is hurting you I think you should yell at the bad one grab salt and put it on it spirits hate salt and they will go away cause they know you have salt try it and keep me posted -OtherShadows101 😊
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Moongrim- I didn't mean to imply that only religious people see these things just that they are more likely too from my understanding.

Champion
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
I am curious as to know what your wife believes she was witnessing at the time, with her being a strong Christian did she believe that these spirits were demons? A lot of Christians tend to make this assumption?

Now the activity commencing once your girlfriend moved in, I am putting down to perhaps a little spiritual warfare perhaps. You being an Atheist and your girlfriend being a strong Christian may have caused this situation. I am curious to know wether or not your girlfriend had previous experiences like this before moving in. Interesting account.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
To each their own, this atheist has seen ghosts, and is still an atheist.

It doesn't seem odd to me, that a Xtian moving in would suddenly start up activity. The spirit of belief, combined with the invocations (prayer) of supernatural beings is bound to get someone's or something's attention.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
I am in agreement with both bacchaegrl and champion. If the activity started after your girlfriend/wife moved in, it is possible that her religious beliefs opened some kind of door. You mentioned that she is very passionate about her faith, and attends bible study. Having a certain level of spirituality can attract these types of things. I would also like to know if your wife had experiences before she moved in with you. If she has, then it is possible spirits are attracted to her and like bacchaegrl said she could be a conduit for paranormal activity. Thanks for sharing your story.
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
It seems as though people who are religeous (any faith) are more likely to have some kind of experience and when your wife/girlfriend moved in and started saying prayers and things of that nature may have stirred the spirits up. I am glad you found faith and wish your family well!

Champion
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
I wonder why all this started happening after your girlfriend moved in. Did she ever mention seeing spirits or anything like that before? Is she perhaps a conduit for such activity? Sometimes an upset in the balance of a home, like someone else moving in, could stir up some activity. If you don't mind my asking, did your girlfriend come from a bad home? Is that why she would move in with you? It just seems odd that such a strong Christian would move in with someone before marriage. But what do I know? I certainly don't know all the circumstances. Some people are just haunted I guess. I find it rather interesting that ghosts would drive you to faith. But I guess if an atheist saw a ghost, that may spin their beliefs around. Thanks for sharing your story. It had very interesting moments.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: