You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Family Ties

Real Ghost Stories

Family Ties

 

Having a rich Celtic background of Welsh, Cornish, and Breton, ghosts and the paranormal show up in every family story and folklore. My family tells me that I have second sight and I believe it, seeing and sensing my relatives has been a common thing for me, ever since I was a wee lad. My Dad told me when was like around six years old I was said to shout out and point some where in the room (specifically in the middle of where the conflict was) and say "grand pappy, its grand pappy" every now and again, especially during a loud fight or conflict. The whole house would quiet down if there was a fight. Now my grand father was the best man, most well tempered, most generous man a lad could know from I'm told and what a grew up with. Always there to settle an argument or resolve a fight. I am almost certain the reason he appeared to me was to stop the fighting.

Now I fast forward to when left Wales to come to America. Every night and day I can sense that some one always behind me, I know its not an evil presence, but a good one. I have also seen in my dreams and when I am half asleep a tall white haired man in his twenties with thick Welsh accent telling me to "Be a good lad", or "Take care of them". Now I always assumed it was me pappy, but I learned that on my grandmothers side, the Welsh side, my grandmother's dad was born with all white hair and was very tall. Also a blond headed Cornishman would appear in my dreams frequently.

I always seemed to be the one to not quite relay messages between both worlds, but you know what I am trying to say. Also I would sing two specific songs in the Cornish and Breton languages and I would soon sense a strong presence, and the longer and more I sang the song the more presences I felt, but never bad, always good, like they got my back or something. God has blessed me with this gift. I don't know quite why yet, but I know its for a good reason.

Other hauntings by WelshmanTrezise

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WelshmanTrezise, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
Paranormality within families is of particular interest to me. This story is very close to my own and I am pleased to read it. I will keep an eye out for future posts.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
I like this story, and as everyone else has said you have been blessed with a great gift and I am sure all will become more apparent in time, and when it it does you will have even more stories to share on here 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
hi welshman great post 😊
Agree with granny amd miracles you have been given a great gift, who knows where it will take you and what you might end up doing with this gift.
A huge welcome to ygs
Carl
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Welshman: What a great post!...I've always felt a sense of mystique while listening to Celtic and Gaelic songs... I don't know if it's the music or lyrics, but I find it very soothing to the soul and great to listen to while meditating!...So, are you familiar with the English translation of your songs?...I would love to hear them...

I agree with Miracles, and there may come a time when your gift comes in handy...

Thank you for posting, it was a pleasure to read 😊 ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Welshman - I believe there are people who are born with gifts and from the sounds of things, you are one of them.

Maybe it's just not the time for you to know what it is you're supposed to do with your gifts other than what you are doing. Then again, maybe you are doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing 😊

Whatever the reason, I am glad they brought you here. Welcome.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: